What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439
Author: Message:
BlitZeD93

– / Male / Flag
RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439
After i typed my 5 letter password in, i shows as *****, but right after i clicked ok, it turned into *******. It was the same when i pressed enter.
I noticed that it was the exact length for another account on my computer. That account did not get this error. So i think there is a problem with messenger, to automatically switch the password you typed into the password of other accounts. Or maybe this a a sort of virus of malware that is planted in the computer. Please look into it, it may be useful...
03-18-2008 07:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by BlitZeD93
After i typed my 5 letter password in, i shows as *****, but right after i clicked ok, it turned into *******. It was the same when i pressed enter.
I noticed that it was the exact length for another account on my computer. That account did not get this error. So i think there is a problem with messenger, to automatically switch the password you typed into the password of other accounts. Or maybe this a a sort of virus of malware that is planted in the computer. Please look into it, it may be useful...
No, WLM does it intentionally in order not to give even a tiny hint about the password at all. I mean it resets the number of characters in password field to a fixed one when signing in or remembered by checkig "Remember password" checkbox.
03-23-2008 04:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
KODENZELL

43 / Male / –
i been victim too cant login msn live..i able login with my email and pass in msn live website..while cant login msn live..that cause someone use frezze to block me to login msn live..u go see www.messblack.com to see their program hacking msn..that frezze program can sent lot quess password with my e-mail msn live to servers msn live so that why i able not login my msn live:@..
03-26-2008 02:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kurt75

Typically that kind of error is because of proxy settings, or date/hour set incorrectly...
05-14-2008 03:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
pathows

I  have got the same problem and I have tried all suggestions but it still wouldn't work.

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate + WLM 8.5.1302.1018. And I use wireless broadband to go online.

The WLM will let me connect once in a blue moon which means I just keep trying. Everytime I tried changing different things and some how I got around and got connected. I didn't know what is the exact probem because I try to change the same thing the next time but it wouldn't work.

Just now I was looking at the suggestions provided but seems no help. It seems like quite a few things suggest to the clock so I was looking at the clock. I tried unchecking the box for daylight savings and somehow I got connected. I am not sure if this is the problem or solution but I am sure going to try it again.

Since Windows Vista service pack 1 is out, not very sure if this helps? Any thoughts?
05-26-2008 01:16 PM
MegadethAndy

Hey everyone, I've tried 95% of all the above.
Im running kaspersky 7 (firewall and all)
So this is what i did to fix it...

Turn ON windows firewall, then open and sign in to messenger.
Worked for me, and i hope it helps others.
05-29-2008 08:16 AM
pathows

Finally found a good solution to this:

Knowing that there are several different issues that can prevent from signing in to Messenger. Among these reasons are, the Microsoft .NET Messenger Service is experiencing a service or maintenance issue. Another possible cause for this error code to happen is that the firewall is blocking connectivity of Messenger to the Internet or the proxy settings are incorrect. Lastly, Windows Live Messenger is blocked in the router. I have provided the steps/procedures that address the causes I have mentioned. Please follow the steps I have provided below as they are listed below:

1. To determine the Microsoft .NET Messenger Service status, visit the following Web site: http://messenger.msn.com/Status.aspx

2.  Verify that Windows Live Messenger is enabled through the firewall. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Visit the following Web site: http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/

b. In the Frequently Asked Questions section, click How to enable Windows Live Messenger through firewall, and then click the firewall that you have. 

c. If you disabled the firewall in the past, it may still block Messenger. Try to restart the firewall. After the firewall software is running, repeat steps 2a and 2b to make sure that Messenger is enabled through the firewall. Also, try to remove the firewall program that is installed to verify that it is not causing a problem even if it is disabled.

Note: This is only a temporary workaround and you may have to reinstall the firewall software again. If you are not sure which firewalls you have installed on the computer, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista). Then, examine the list of installed programs. Some popular firewall vendors include Norton, McAfee, and Zone Alarm. 

3. Clear the proxy settings in Messenger to establish a direct connection to the Messenger service. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Start Windows Internet Explorer. 

b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. 

c. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings. 

d. Click to clear the Automatically detect settings check box. 

e. Click OK two times. 

4.  If you are using a router, try to disconnect (bypass) the router and connect directly to the Internet, and then try to sign in again. 

5.  Verify that Internet Explorer is not set to Work Offline. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Open Internet Explorer. 

b. On the File menu, clear the Work Offline option. 

6.  If the previous steps did not resolve your issue, then try the following:

1.  In Internet Explorer, clear the Check for Server certificate revocation (requires restart) check box. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Start Internet Explorer. 

b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. 

Note: If you don't see the Tools menu, press ALT on your keyboard.

c. Click the Advanced tab. 

d. Under Security, clear the Check for Server certificate revocation (requires restart) check box. 

e. Click OK. 

f. Exit Internet Explorer. 

g. Restart computer.

2.  Sign in to Windows Live Messenger again.

I HOPE THIS HELPS! Happy trying!

06-29-2008 05:10 AM
risho2

hello to all,well i tryed all the things that i was told and nothing worked so i just used the system restore and this worked on my first login all is good now.
07-13-2008 01:22 PM
chinseng85

i cant login to wlm after i connect my pc to a extended router.

my case is: before that, i connect my pc to an aztech router with modem. im able to connect wlm.
but now i using another router to connect to the aztech router. the only problem is im able to connect to internet, i can do surfing, downloading, etc. but i can't connect to wlm. i have change my new router wan setting from pppoe to dynamic ip or static ip. but still cant solve the problem. when i troubleshooting wlm, there is no problem found.

before:
aztech router w modem ------> my pc

after:
aztech router w modem ------> new router ------> my pc
07-14-2008 05:53 AM
ridestar

Wink  RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439
i finally found the problem..
if you are connected to a wireless router type in your address bar the code for the router settings (if you dont know this phone the make of your router) and they will tell you the code.
click on msu settings or code and make sure its either 1492 or 1400 but there is different codes.
10-09-2008 04:05 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: