What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439
Author: Message:
Pinkflower

O.P. Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439
Hey i have some trouble login in to Windows Live Messenger...
when i try to login i get the error message: error kode 80048820 and 80048439

I need some help, can someone tell me what the problem can bee, or what it maybe can bee. and how i can solve this issue...

I have been without msn 5 days now, and miss it...

Please anyone? can anyone help me ?

My 2 brothers can login to msn on the same internet connection/line

Only me who have the problem, so i think it have something to do with my computer den, i dont have any firewall who block msn

This post was edited on 02-13-2007 at 03:00 PM by Pinkflower.
02-13-2007 02:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439
  • This error can be caused by problems on the MSN servers, look at the status page to see if there are problems reported. If there are, the best thing to do is probably to wait until they are over.
  • A frequent cause is that the time on your computer is not correct. To correct the time on your computer, double-click the clock in the bottom right of your screen, in the window that appears you should check both the time and date. If you use Windows XP, you can automatically correct the time by clicking the "Internet Time" tab, next click the "Update Now" button.
  • Try re-registering nessairy Messenger dll files:
    First open a run window by clicking start, then run. Now, type the following command and press enter:

quote:
    regsvr32 softpub.dll Wintrust.dll Initpki.dll Rsaenh.dll Mssip32.dll Cryptdlg.dll

If you use Windows XP you should open another run window after running the previous commands then type the following command:

quote:
    regsvr32 Dssenh.dll Gpkcsp.dll Slbcsp.dll Sccbase.dll
  • Try removing any proxy servers.
    Removing Internet Explorer Proxy Settings:
    • Start Internet Explorer.
    • On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    • On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    • Clear the Automatically detect settings check box.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.
    Removing Messenger proxy settings:
    • Start Messenger.
    • On the Tools menu, click Options.
    • Under Connection, click Advanced Settings.
    • Delete the entries under SOCKS.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

• Try changing your Routers MTU Size.
    Under your routers WAN settings, look for the MTU size setting. Usually changing it to 1400 works :)
  • Check your Internet Explorer security settings
    • Start Internet Explorer.
    • On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • In the Security section, make sure the Check for server certificate revocation check box is cleared.
    • In the Security section, make sure the Use SSL 2.0 and the Use SSL 3.0 check boxes are selected.
    • Click OK.

Good Luck :)
02-13-2007 03:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pinkflower

O.P. RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439
thank you

Try removing any proxy servers.
Removing Internet Explorer Proxy Settings:

* Start Internet Explorer.
    * On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    * On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    * Clear the Automatically detect settings check box.
    * Click OK, and then click OK again.

this was the problem :D
02-13-2007 03:13 PM
tym

I too would like to solve this problem. I had windows Live Messenger running on my old system (Win XP , SP2) previously. However, after a format and clean rebuild of Win XP (again SP2), I am not getting Error code 80048820, with extended error code 80048439.

In order to try to resolve this problem I have already tried the following to no effect:
* Disabled Windows firewall
* Change the MTU setting on my Netgear Wireless router from 1492 to 1400. My old system used the same router
* Run the commands above in order to re-register the DLLs (registration was successful, but messenger still gave same error on restart)
* Checked system time - it is and has always been correct, and is now showing April 1st 2007 at 10:37am in Sydney Australia.
* Checked the Internet Options settings to ensure that proxies were off, security was correct and auto-detection was disabled.
* Removed and reinstalled Live Messenger.

None of these solved the problem. What is really wierd is that my other chat programs (Skype and Yahoo) both work correctly - and, as mentioned above, Windows Live Messenger did work correctly on this machine before the System rebuild.

Any suggestions anyone - other than dump this Live crap and stick to another IM program?

Hmmm - I reset the MTU size to 1500 and that seemed to do the trick.
04-01-2007 12:40 AM
BBTDB

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth that this problem is usually the .net servers.
04-12-2007 06:12 PM
lolaraa

If you need answer for this problem error 80048820 look here http://80048823.mystation.be/Error_code_80048820_...ive_Messenger.html
07-18-2007 08:10 PM
geoff1963

Come across this error quite a few times and always managed to solve it by syncronising the Internet time, to do this double click on the time at the bottom right of  the task bar, this will open the Date and Time  properties window, select the Internet Time Tag, next select time.windows.com from the dropdown box and click on the update now button, wait for the confirmation message. You should now be able to sign in!:D:D:D:D
02-26-2008 05:37 PM
sakura-aneki

ummm I got the same error... and tried everything mentioned above ,except for the router thing since I don't have one xD ....so I am going to try to reinstall it ...and hope it works. Service status says all systems are stable and running so that's not the problem neither. Gonna check back after I reinstall it.
02-26-2008 07:06 PM
renegade74

I had the same problem earlier, tried the system time, MTU size, have no proxys. Nothing worked. However I uninstalled and reinstalled, still nothing, then uninstalled again, cleaned the registry and reinstalled. I also run Skype and stopped it using ports 80 and 443. In hindsight I should have tested after each change but whatever I did it worked. So it was either a registry bug or a conflict with another messenging application like Skype. Hope this might prove useful to someone.

:)
Might have been a bit premature there. Problem arose again today. However it connected on it's third attempt so maybe the problem is with the .net service and microsoft themselves.

This post was edited on 02-27-2008 at 12:48 AM by renegade74.
02-27-2008 12:48 AM
effection

Destroy The Runner

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439
quote:
Originally posted by renegade74
Might have been a bit premature there. Problem arose again today. However it connected on it's third attempt so maybe the problem is with the .net service and microsoft themselves.
same happened to me today there now, i also had the problem yesterday but basically could not sign on at all, i think it must be something wrong with servers
02-27-2008 04:30 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: