What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
[Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1
Author: Message:
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1
This issue isn't something that I could sort out. I have had reports of some people experiencing this while other people don't.

While building Ev0 I was undertaking heavy testing on a low end computer (a 1.2 ghz machine to be exact) to see how that would go. I experienced no major changes in the cpu usage and also conducted a video convo running as well to check.

One of the testers I had noted that when he didn't use tabbed conversations it improved his situation slightly (though he never reported 100% cpu usage or extreme lag). Since I haven't experienced anything like this it is hard to tell what the source of the problem is if it is the skin causing it or WLM being crappy cos its been patched.

I will try to look into it further but cant make any promises as my university work is eating up pretty much all my time and will be doing so for a while.

03-30-2007 03:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1
OK update time.

The source of the problem has been found thanks to a bit of help from TheSteve, which is great.

A quick update will be released in the next coming days that fixes this issue as well as the weird message on one of the buttons.

This update will feature a more optimised Ev0 base patch which will reduce any lag which is experienced as well as being super-optimized in dll file size. The installer will be dramatically smaller as well.

So keep your eyes peeled as you will want to update to this newer version.

This post was edited on 04-01-2007 at 06:05 AM by Willz.
04-01-2007 06:01 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1
Nice to know you found the problem, and will be solved in such a short time :) gj (Y)

Also when going to add a contact i came upon this...

[Image: hmmxz7.jpg]

As you can see unless highlighted the text is impossible to see :( Using the Shadow Theme.

This post was edited on 04-01-2007 at 02:06 PM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
04-01-2007 01:59 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Ev0 v.2.0 for WLM 8.1
Eddie has a point, the gradient also looks a little odd. I suggest taking your time with the update to iron out any little problems :).
04-02-2007 06:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: