What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!!
Author: Message:
kezz

'kezz.,

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!!
no im pretty sure theres no bugs in WLM..
you just need a new webcam, or uninstall the webcam drivers and reinstall them

if that doesnt work, the cam is too old to support WLM

EDIT: The other person's webcam isnt good enough... so tell them to do the above:P

This post was edited on 04-25-2007 at 02:27 AM by kezz.
[Image: 2764.png]
[Image: internet.png]
04-25-2007 02:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
rumble

RE: RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
no im pretty sure theres no bugs in WLM..
you just need a new webcam, or uninstall the webcam drivers and reinstall them

if that doesnt work, the cam is too old to support WLM

EDIT: The other person's webcam isnt good enough... so tell them to do the above:P

That's not exactly the problem, but somebody can follow these steps and tell me if they worked:

- Determine what version of Windows Live Messenger is installed on the computer, and then upgrade if it is required.

- Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, click "Scan for Updates," and then make sure that you and your contact have installed the latest updates to the Microsoft Windows operating system on your computers.

- Make sure that you and your contact has the latest version of DirectX installed.

- Make sure that the correct video source for Windows Live Messenger is selected, and make sure that you can view your image in the Audio-Video Tuning Wizard or in Web Camera settings.

- Unplug any devices that are not required for a web cam conversation.

- Make sure that you and your contact have a dial-up, cable, or DSL Internet connection with a speed of 56 kilobits per second (Kbps) or faster.

- If you are using a router, make sure that you have the latest firmware installed.

- If your computer is connected to a router or a NAT device that is a UPnP device, clear port forwarding.

- Make sure that the ports are required for a Windows Live Messenger web cam conversation are open.

- Your issue is the Internet service provider (ISP) or a firewall is not allowing access to the ports that are required for web cam communication or there are issues with a network address translation (NAT) device, a router, or a home networking device
04-25-2007 12:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: