What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » pop account notification

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
pop account notification
Author: Message:
hannubys

O.P. pop account notification
Hi everyone. I have configured one pop email account in live plus and every time i receive a mail i got an error in middle of my desktop that displays

"Exception Processing Message 0xC000007b Parameters 0x759C023C 0x759C023C 0x759C023C" in title "Bad image"

then the popup notification is displayed.
An other thing, why it says the total number of mails instead of saying for example i have 3 news mails.

This post was edited on 05-22-2007 at 11:11 AM by hannubys.
05-17-2007 04:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: pop account notification
What is your exact and complete version of Messenger Plus! and Messenger (see the 'About' window of both programs). Are you running XP, XP Pro, Vista, 32bit, 64bit? etc... Please provide such details...

What happens when you simply press the test button in the pop3 email configuration settings in Plus!? Do you get the same error then?

Do you have any other addons for Messenger installed? If so, try to disable or uninstall them.
Do you have any scripts for Messener Plus! Live installed? If so, try to disable all of them (long shot though).

Try to run Messenger Plus! Live with a clean unpatched and unmodified version of Messenger. If needed, reinstall Messenger.

------
PS: I can not confirm the error though. POP3 notification works absolutely perfect here in all Messenger Plus! builds...

This post was edited on 05-17-2007 at 05:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-17-2007 05:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hannubys

O.P. RE: pop account notification
I'm under vista 32 bit, i have the last version 8.1.0178.00 of messenger and the last Messenger Plus 4.21.270 when i press the test button it says the mail server has been contacted sucessfully. i have no add on, no scripts. I have already tried a clean install but the same thing occurs.

This post was edited on 05-17-2007 at 05:38 PM by hannubys.
05-17-2007 05:37 PM
Sad Nation

I have exactly the same problem
05-25-2007 09:25 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Can you confirm this message is always displayed right before the "you've got xx emails" message from Messenger Plus" pops-up? it looks like this error comes from another program.
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-25-2007 09:58 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sad Nation

Yes it always comes up before a new email popup. As it is related to the email toast popup I thought that it must be messenger plus that causes it
05-25-2007 10:35 PM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
normally these errors say the application somewhere, check if it says "msnmsgs.exe" or not. Also are you running any other messenger addons by chance (e.g stuffplug)
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
05-25-2007 10:37 PM
Sad Nation

I am not running any other addons, just the base messenger plus. No scripts either. As the other guy said Vista is our OS and we have the latest messenger and messenger plus versions.
05-25-2007 10:40 PM
hannubys

O.P. RE: pop account notification
I think this error depends of something else but i can't explain what. usually, i have kasperky, skype, firefox, ie running. kaspersky doesn't interfer( i made some test). or maybe with a windows service?? my friend have the same configuration and it's fine for her. I still don't understand. I can't track the source of the problem because it's just a pop up with this message.
I have something!! i don't have this error when my MS outlook is already open. And soon I close it this message appears. I don't know if it is a combination of circumstances but maybe this can help

This post was edited on 05-26-2007 at 03:44 AM by hannubys.
05-26-2007 03:41 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
OK tell me something...what have you set for once new emails are received? as in "Email Client".
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
05-26-2007 09:25 AM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: