What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Log Manager - Version 1.1.008

Pages: (7): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
[Release] Log Manager - Version 1.1.008
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Log Manager - Version 1.0.005
Well, first of all: thanks for all your comments! It makes me happy to know that those 5 months weren't just for making a script no-one would care about. :D

As for the next version, I can already say that it's very likely that it'll carry the version number 1.1 and that the main change will be a Log Merge feature, enabling you to select two log files (e.g. "user@hotmail.com.ple" and "user@hotmail.com (2).ple") and let you then merge those logs into one, sorted-by-session-date log file. ;) The main reason I'd like to implement this, is because some people have logs on multiple computers and may want to copy them all to one place and merge the related log files (same month, same e-mail). The GUI is almost done and pretty much the same as the Encryption window, so now it's time for me to start coding the merging functions. :)

I'll try to keep you up-to-date as much as possible on this, because I think I already kept this project secret for too long. :P
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-02-2007 09:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Log Manager - Version 1.0.005
Would be lovely to see a merge feature for next releases (I know that mattike already said I would be :$)... sometimes you have one html file before activate the encryption or when you select a different folder registry option and one encrypted file in other folde, if it's the case... and you want to merge all the files together in one unique file encrypted... first time I opened the script I though that the "ADD FILE" button was for this...

My extra idea is the option of merge not only 2 encrypted files or 2 html files... but 1 encrypted file with 1 html file and the option of and encrypted or not output file :o)

btw how about save the size of the log browser window is kind of annoying have to resize it each time... and I think that the width of the browser tree window is two strait... sometimes is hard for me to see the email address of each contact...

This post was edited on 09-04-2007 at 07:32 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
09-04-2007 07:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Would be lovely to see a merge feature for next releases (I know that mattike already said I would be :$)... sometimes you have one html file before activate the encryption or when you select a different folder registry option and one encrypted file in other folde, if it's the case... and you want to merge all the files together in one unique file encrypted... first time I opened the script I though that the "ADD FILE" button was for this...

My extra idea is the option of merge not only 2 encrypted files or 2 html files... but 1 encrypted file with 1 html file and the option of and encrypted or not output file :o)
I can tell you that those requests are already fully implemented! :D

When you choose 1 .ple and 1 .html file, it'll decrypt the .ple file to a temporary location and will keep the .html as-is. Then, it'll simply read the contents of the decrypted and .html file and do the merging.

Also, you will have the ability to directly encrypt the outputted file. The merging process sorts all sessions and writes a .html file in a temporary location. When that's done, it'll check if the user has chosen to encrypt the file. If so, it'll encrypt to the final destination. If not, it'll only copy the file to the destination. ;)

However, there are still a lot of things I need to fix, one of them is to read from files in parts. That is, it should read 50 KB at a time, add it to the buffer and continue with the next 50 KB, just until the file pointer reaches the end of the file. At the moment, I have Eljay's ReadFile function which reads the file in one time and that seems to fail for files bigger at ~100 KB. I think I'll need some expert help with this, so if anyone wants to help me with this, please do so if you can! :)
quote:
btw how about save the size of the log browser window is kind of annoying have to resize it each time... and I think that the width of the browser tree window is two strait... sometimes is hard for me to see the email address of each contact...
I might want to change this. Formerly, I saw the right panel as a chance for extension of the capabilities, but it seems to have turned out that the browser is lots more important. I'll have a look at it. ;)

This post was edited on 09-07-2007 at 06:49 PM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

09-05-2007 03:22 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Add this to your script and it becomes perfect!

This post was edited on 09-06-2007 at 06:14 PM by riahc4.
09-06-2007 06:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Add this to your script and it becomes perfect!
Well, therefore I'd need BrowserControl support to display the log file. And I don't have that yet, not until the next Plus! Liv version comes out with support for it. Then, I might want to re-create the Log Viewer and I add a search function. However, Patchou seems to be working on this too and I don't want to "steal" Plus!' own features. After all, it's a Plus! script! ;)

09-06-2007 06:23 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] Log Manager - Version 1.0.005
quote:
Originally posted by MattikeI can tell you that those requests are already fully implemented! :D

I'll have a look at it. ;)
Very nice to heard all that... If you need some test help please contact me by PM... I will do my best to help you debugging it... :o)

This post was edited on 09-06-2007 at 07:19 PM by warmth.
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
09-06-2007 07:16 PM
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
UPDATE:
Development is going very well these days. Yesterday, I fixed an issue which caused the script to read the decrypted file too fast during the merging process, causing it to fail. This has been fixed by adding a 200 ms timeout after decryption and seems to work fine on my computer. (No BETA's were yet released to testers.)

Today, I can say that one of my most wanted additions is finally working. I've had lots of trouble with it before, but today I tried a different approach to do it, and with success. Today, I can say that Log Manager will be able to place images in a pop-up menu! :D The image explains all! :)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=847257]

This has been done using GDI+ to create a GDI+ Bitmap from an image file (in this case, GIF images) and then create a HBITMAP which I can use in the pop-up menu from the GDI+ Bitmap. I'm currently awaiting matty's response to allow me using his GDI+ global variables and initialize and shut down functions. If he agrees, I'll probably be releasing a new BETA to my testers very soon. :)

And, as requested by warmth, the tree view structure in the Browse window is a bit wider and compared to previous versions, it's the stretchable element now instead of the right panel text. This makes that if you enlarge the window, the tree view will follow, giving you more space to browse through the folders. ;)

(Oh yeah, that new icon in the functions bar is the new Log Merge button. Just in case you were wondering what it was. :P)

.png File Attachment: ss24.png (24.38 KB)
This file has been downloaded 803 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-07-2007 at 06:52 PM by Matti.

09-07-2007 06:46 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
what more can I say... just beutiful... thanks for listen to me...

Note: I am kind of sad cause you didn't contact me... You must already have many tester... :(!!! I would be glad to help u... keep working...(Y)
09-07-2007 07:57 PM
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
what more can I say... just beutiful... thanks for listen to me...
Thanks! :D
quote:
Note: I am kind of sad cause you didn't contact me... You must already have many tester... :(!!! I would be glad to help u... keep working...(Y)
Well, actually I'm not the kind of developer who wants his BETA to be spread out by tons of testers. I have some testers who I know I can thrust, and I'm not in serious need for some new testers, although I really appreciate your help and suggestions for the script. Maybe, in a later stage, I'll add you. :)

09-08-2007 09:26 AM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] Log Manager - Version 1.0.005
quote:
Originally posted by MattikeMaybe, in a later stage, I'll add you. :)
a hopeeeee:o)!!! jajajaja
09-08-2007 09:57 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: