What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Log Manager - Version 1.1.008

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
[Release] Log Manager - Version 1.1.008
Author: Message:
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: [Release] Log Manager - Version 1.0.005
oooh the pretty colours. I like pictures in buttons
09-09-2007 03:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Log Manager - Version 1.1.008
Log Manager has been updated to version 1.1.008! Check the first post to find out more! :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-15-2007 05:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mizery_Made

36 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Log Manager - Version 1.1.008
[Image: th_Huh.jpg]

That seems a little wrong, Lol.
Tech N9ne/Tek Nin - Noun:
Unparalled master of rhyme, scientific blend of technique and numerology

[Image: banner234x60.jpg]
09-16-2007 02:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mizery_Made
[ Image ]

That seems a little wrong, Lol.
Ah, the beauty of copy-pasting. :P Already fixed on my side, will be implemented in the next version.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

09-16-2007 05:14 PM
tominic

i LOVE the merge script

so damn useful lol
11-08-2007 05:44 PM
Q8Bond007

Decrypting makes your CPU at very high load(core2 duo e6600@2.8ghz). the last time i tried to decrypt some big logs and my pc stopped working. i had to restart it manually. arround 20-25 Log Viewer.exe was runned

also is it possible to make it auto merge files with numbers like (2) (3)?
for example:
December 2007 (2) to December 2007
without having to un-tick many
12-12-2007 03:42 PM
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
Normally it shouldn't open so many decryption processes at once, but it should wait until the current one is finished. However, the way of determining this is really tricky because the script can't really determine if the decryption is done or not. I can also understand that decrypting can heat up your CPU, but that's because I don't actually own the control about the decrypting process itself. The script depends on Plus!' Log Viewer.exe, whereas other scripts use only JScript or homemade DLLs which the developer has made himself.

As for auto-merging, I understand that there's a huge request for scheduled tasks or automatic actions, but for the moment this is not an easy task. Plus!' scripting system has no specific function to let something happen at an exact moment (e.g. every day at 5 pm) and thus I'd have to use timers instead. But those can have serious complications, e.g. the script may not run at the time the task is planned. And also, I can't think of an easy way to get a GUI for all those possibilities so the user can define what should happen.

I recommend you to do the decryption in smaller parts instead of decrypting them all at once. Log Manager is out of development at the moment, as I'm busy with Countdown Live 2 at the moment. In fact, Log Manager doesn't need to be made with the Plus! Live scripting system, and maybe it would be better if it was a stand-alone application so it could use everything normal programs can. Unfortunately, I don't own the skills to write something in C++ or something. But if I would learn C++ one day, I may want to write a Log Manager which can really manage logs. :)

12-12-2007 04:08 PM
nila

Hiya,
I'm just trying this now and I'm trying to get it to merge some files together for me and it just repeatedly is hanging each time.

It instantly jumps up to 'Overall status: x% completed' (usually quite high like 75% or 65% or something) and then just sits there and doesn't change at all and just hangs :(

The status remains as 'waiting' for both files as well.
Another thing I've just noticed is that the original files I have selected to be merged are no longer there (luckily I was using a backup copy to test with or I'd have lost my files now!!!)

also wondering - are you having to manually parse the log files yourself to merge them or can log viewer.exe do it for you?

The only options I can see for Log viewer.exe are:

viewlog
encrypt
decrypt
changepwd

This post was edited on 01-02-2008 at 02:19 PM by nila.
01-02-2008 02:15 PM
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
The merging process is handled by Log Manager itself. Basically, it reads the files, splits them up in their sessions and stores those sessions in an array. Then, the array is sorted by date and then Log Manager writes the new file.

I'm sorry that it's not working properly for you, but I'm afraid there's few I can do about this. The script fully depends on Log Viewer.exe and there's really nothing I can do to provide a better method. In fact, the script can't tell whether decryption is actually done, since I can't communicate with the process itself. Unfortunately, people want me to do big things, like scheduled tasks and such, but I'm afraid that would cause it all to hang even more, cause more trouble and, well, I have no idea how I should program that with a Plus! script. Yes, sure, why not program a DLL? Well, VS2005 fails here, so I can't even try to start on learning C++ or another serious language.

Anyway, back onto your problem. Maybe you could provide some more information?
  • How many files are you trying to merge?
  • Are those files encrypted?
  • How large (file size) are the files?
  • What are your computer specifications?

01-02-2008 02:53 PM
nila

I decided to try trouble shoot so just did it with two small files to test - same result.
They're not encrypted at all, just plain.
they're under 100kb each.

computer is 2gb RAM, c2d processor - pretty high spec basically - easily enough for something this basic.

How do you get log manager to merge files?
I downloaded the scripting manually and couldn't see anything about it there, where did you get the info for about it?

01-02-2008 03:20 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: