What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Apatch or Messpatch?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Apatch or Messpatch?
Author: Message:
Shiny Rabbit

oohhh shiny

– / Male / Flag
RE: Apatch or Messpatch?
i use messpatch because it does more stuff, though my freind says it doesn't work, we both use 8.5  beta btw
[Image: 202-3.png][Image: shinyhachunesig.png]

09-14-2007 06:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
afnetman

I have just upgraded to WLM (forced) and I am looking for a patch to bring back the large icons (pictures) for my contacts in the contact list.  Does anyone know if either Apatch or Messpatch will do this for me.
Also I did try to load Messpatch onto WLM but it keeps coming back stating the following:  "Mess Patch was not able to locate an installation of Messenger.  Please install Messenger properly and try again."  The program is located:  Local Disk (C:)/Program Files/Windows Live/Messenger.exe.  I have even uninstalled the program and loaded new just to be sure it is a fresh copy.  Anyone have any suggestions on how I can install this patch?

Thanks for the help.
Jay
09-15-2007 02:41 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
make sure you have the latest available download of messpatch and check if it's compatible with your version of messenger, mess patch can allow you to force contact display pictures and realtive sizes too
09-15-2007 11:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Shiny Rabbit

oohhh shiny

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Apatch or Messpatch?
quote:
Originally posted by afnetman
I have just upgraded to WLM (forced) and I am looking for a patch to bring back the large icons (pictures) for my contacts in the contact list.  Does anyone know if either Apatch or Messpatch will do this for me.
Also I did try to load Messpatch onto WLM but it keeps coming back stating the following:  "Mess Patch was not able to locate an installation of Messenger.  Please install Messenger properly and try again."  The program is located:  Local Disk (C:)/Program Files/Windows Live/Messenger.exe.  I have even uninstalled the program and loaded new just to be sure it is a fresh copy.  Anyone have any suggestions on how I can install this patch?

Thanks for the help.
Jay

the newest version of messpatch(g-5851288816) works fine with WLM2008, exept it's a bit of a bugger to undo if you don't like how something looks

and yes, you can have the contact DPs in the contact list, you can have them massive, slightly smaller, even smaller or tiny

This post was edited on 09-16-2007 at 11:20 AM by Shiny Rabbit.
[Image: 202-3.png][Image: shinyhachunesig.png]

09-16-2007 11:17 AM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
On the topic of patches, my shared folders don't work anymore... what patch doesnt murder them?

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
09-16-2007 12:51 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Shiny Rabbit
the newest version of messpatch(g-5851288816) works fine with WLM2008, exept it's a bit of a bugger to undo if you don't like how something looks

and yes, you can have the contact DPs in the contact list, you can have them massive, slightly smaller, even smaller or tiny

Err, all you have to do is re-run the patch and it gives you the option to restore to previous state. Failing that, you just go to Add/Remove programs and repair Messenger 8-)

M73A: I'm pretty sure the 'butchering' of the Sharing Folders was fixed ages ago in mess patch. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...?
[Image: jumbled.png]
09-16-2007 12:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by afnetman
I have just upgraded to WLM (forced) and I am looking for a patch to bring back the large icons (pictures) for my contacts in the contact list.
You know, you can press the [Image: sortfi2.png] button and choose 'Show contacts details', which then shows contacts display picture, etc.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-16-2007 02:11 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I remember Ghost Patch by Volv, he should release the source code for it. I'll even buy him a muffin if he does :P.
09-16-2007 06:24 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
hm thanks, ill try and reinstall and repatch :)

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
09-16-2007 10:22 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: