What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » CiD adbots - annoying

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
CiD adbots - annoying
Author: Message:
adrianbcn

O.P. CiD adbots - annoying
I keep getting the CiD adbot windows popping up and I want to remove them. I have followed the instructions as posted here and they do not work. Having contacted he Spyware provider I use they say that their software has not danaged it and that there was a bad programmer at Patchou who put in these adbots and that Patchou need to send out a fix for this.

Please advise what Patchou can do to resolve this and not keep blaming other peoples software!
10-18-2007 10:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: CiD adbots - annoying
Spyware provider? Who exactly did you contact?
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
10-18-2007 10:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
adrianbcn

O.P. RE: CiD adbots - annoying
Sorry, this should have said anti-Spyware provider - they are XoftSpyFix and Adaware.
10-18-2007 10:38 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
CiD is tha adware that installs if you install the sponsor program that comes with Messenger Plus! Live. It is not an issue that Patchou (one person, not a company btw) has to fix. If you didn't install the sponsor program, then it is quite possible that you have contracted the adware from another program without knowing it, or from another website. There is nothing wrong with the programming.

EDIT: If the instructions don't work here, your Anti-Virus software may have partially deleted the adware. This is not a good idea. Disable, your Anti-Virus for a minute, re-install MP!L WITH the sponsor (this will repair the sponsor program, meaning it can uninstall), uninstall MP!L (which will rmeove the sponsor) and then install without the sponsor.

This post was edited on 10-18-2007 at 11:12 AM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-18-2007 11:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
adrianbcn

I have followed those second instructions too and it does not work.

The adbots only started when I installed Messenger Plus Live and I wish I never had. If I could remove it and the adbot software they include then I would! I have not installed any other software either just before or since installing Messenger Live Plus - so I know it is that software at fault.

The company Patchou released the software with the adbot (for which I am sure they receive a very nice revenue) , so they have the responsibilty to provide a solution to their inconsiderate programming.
10-18-2007 11:19 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
What part exactly doesn't work?

- In Add/Remove software, is Plus! listed as "Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor" or just "Messenger Plus! Live"?
- When you uninstall Plus! did you get the option to remove just the sponsor or both Plus! and sponsor?
- When you choose to uninstall the sponsor, did a window show up where you need to type in a code shown on the screen (to verify you are a human being).
- After entering that code, did it say uninstallation of the sponsor was successful?
- did you reboot after the uninstallation?

quote:
Originally posted by adrianbcn
they have the responsibilty to provide a solution to their inconsiderate programming
The uninstaller together with the instructions on How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor works fine for almost everybody. Just a few from the more than 20 million users reported problems with it. I can imagine i would hate it too when i was one of the few that didn't get it working, but you have to understand there are a lot of factors which can cause these problems which Patchou and the CiD developers can't control, like other software installed on your PC interfering with the uninstaller or certain settings on your PC which prevents the uninstaller from doing its job.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
10-18-2007 11:38 AM
adrianbcn

Yes, a restore would be the preferred option due to the problems created by Patchou, but I could not get the system to restore. That is why I resorted to contacting the Spyware removal companies for advice after the Patchou advice didn't work.

Maybe I am one of the few of 20 million people this has affected, but I think the number must be a lt bigger than that!! 

Yes,  I did install the Patchou software for it's additional benefits, particularly as the website is designed to look like an oficial Microsoft site in order to con people into installing it. More installations = more revenue for Patchou from it's sponsors!!!
10-18-2007 12:46 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
I don't understand you. What are you saying is a con? Nothing is a con :S.

If your talking about http://www.msgpluslive.net , how does it look anything like a Microsoft website?

Your making things more complicated then they actually are. Messenger Plus! Live is a add-on for Messenger, made by Patchou. It comes with a a sponsor which you can choose to install or not. Removing the sponsor should be an easy process and I'm sorry to hear that your having problems. Like MenthiX said, there's some things which can affect it which Messenger Plus! Live and the sponsor has no control over. If you ask nicely we'll try our best to help you remove it.

This post was edited on 10-18-2007 at 05:29 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-18-2007 05:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
adrianbcn, you didn't answer any of my questions. If you want us to help, give us a chance. Nobody can magically help you if you just come here to post your criticism without explaining the real problem.

Like Chris said, the Plus! site doesn't look anything like an official Microsoft site. It even states " This site is not affiliated in any way with Microsoft Corporation" in the footer of every page.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
10-18-2007 05:53 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Adrian: please follow the instructions MenthiX gave you. The sponsor program canm be removed very easily. If one of your security software deleted files at random and caused your current problems, just disable all of them, reinstall Messenger Plus! with the sponsor and launch the uninstaller again. The sponsor's uninstallation will be done within a minute and you won't see a popup ever again.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-18-2007 07:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: