What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » CiD adbots - annoying

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
CiD adbots - annoying
Author: Message:
adrianbcn

O.P. RE: CiD adbots - annoying
I have followed the instructions to the letter and guess what!! I still have the CiD adbots popping up!!

On trying to remove the sponsor the message came up that it was damaged (is it really damaged or just a message put in the programming so that it cannot be deleted, so that Patchou continues to receive more revenue?)

Come on guys, send out a solution to this problem so that many other people can benefit. I see there have been quite a few people reading this thread!!
10-21-2007 11:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: CiD adbots - annoying
quote:
Originally posted by adrianbcn
On trying to remove the sponsor the message came up that it was damaged (is it really damaged or just a message put in the programming so that it cannot be deleted, so that Patchou continues to receive more revenue?)

no it is really damaged because spyware/virus software has taken to it first and that is why you are in this problem in the first place. So disabling ANY anti-virus and spyware software will make a huge difference
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
10-21-2007 11:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
(is it really damaged or just a message put in the programming so that it cannot be deleted, so that Patchou continues to receive more revenue?)

I believe I told you at one point that your Anti-Virus software is likely to have removed an vital file required for the uninstallation of the sponsor program. If you cannot get your head around the fact that Messenger Plus! Live is a trustworthy program, written by a normal person like you or me that has done nothing wrong, I do not see why we bother to continue helping you. If it says it is damaged, it is damaged. Patchou has even posted to try and offer help and you still seem incapable of grasping the simplest of concepts that he is not after your money. Now rather than complaining once more, I suggest that before your next post you do exactly what we have suggested regarding you anti-virus software. If I'm coming across as harsh it is only because I am fed up of people complaining about the sponsor program when in truth it is they who are responsible for any program installed on the computer and ensuring the know exactly what it does. You checked install sponsor program and obviously did not bother to read what it does and I refuse to read and re-read your posts slandering the program when it is infact you, who I do not know what the hell you are doing with a computer, that is in the wrong

This post was edited on 10-21-2007 at 12:07 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-21-2007 12:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
(is it really damaged or just a message put in the programming so that it cannot be deleted, so that Patchou continues to receive more revenue?)

I believe I told you at one point that your Anti-Virus software is likely to have removed an vital file required for the uninstallation of the sponsor program...

Well said.  If Patchou was out for your money, he wouldnt make the sponsor optional, he would make it a requirement.  Using dodgy offbrand Antispyware/Antivirus will also likely give you the results you're experiencing with the file being removed.  I use Symantec Norton Internet Security 2008 and Messenger Plus! Live operates fine for me, with or without the sponsor.  So ditch the crap (who the hell uses XoftSpy anyway, its crap!), Remove the sponsor exactly the way you have been told to do it (the sponsor goes through rigorous install/uninstall testing in many computing environments by us Beta Testers, as Patchou cares how it affects your computer) and reinstall Plus!, this time read all agreements you're presented with and decline the sponsor agreement if you dont want it.  When you're done with that, install decent security software, such as the Norton product suggested above.  And please understand that calling Patchou a con, a scammer, a cheater, etc. is not going to get you very far when you're requesting help, we've known Patchou probably longer than you've been online and we trust him with our computers, so dont expect to receive such nice responses after calling him such things.  Anyway, Have a nice day and Thanks for choosing to use Messenger Plus! Live!

This post was edited on 10-21-2007 at 12:17 PM by Dane.
10-21-2007 12:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
adrianbcn

Well as you will have read, I did follow the instructions to the letter in order to try and remove the sponsor, and this did not work.

As there are obviously flaws in the programming, which the programmer(s) are aware of or why would they put in the message saying that it is damaged, then they should release a fix for this. What other reputable software do you know that has this sort of problem when trying to remove it from your PC? 
10-21-2007 12:46 PM
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
Norton.

Anyway. Did you reinstall the sponsor when you reinstalled Messenger Plus! Live? If you did, then something's still tampering with your sponsor installation, you'll need to disable that.

Programmers shouldn't have to deal with other programs messing with their installations, so you can't blame Patch.

It's like when people ruin their savegames using memory editors, etc.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
10-21-2007 01:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
then they should release a fix for this.
There IS a fix for this. It's called reinstalling.

Ok, here is my recommendation. Go to the start menu, select run. type msconfig. Choose the option for selective startup, and then uncheck load startup  items. Restart your computer. Reinstall Messenger Plus! with the sponsor. Reboot your PC again. Uninstall Plus. Run msconfig again and select normal startup.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
10-21-2007 01:53 PM
Adeptus

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
If one of your security software deleted files at random and caused your current problems, just disable all of them, reinstall Messenger Plus! with the sponsor and launch the uninstaller again.
Emphasis in the quote of Patchou mine.  Did you try this (reinstalling Plus! with sponsor, then uninstalling)? 

As for Patchou doing sneaky things to "receive more revenure" -- during install of Plus!, you could choose to not install the sponsor, you just didn't select that option.  Given he makes it that easy to skip it in the first place, don't you think it's somewhat illogical to claim he has intentionally sabotaged removal once installed?
10-21-2007 02:13 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
If you don't want to reinstall Plus! and the sponsor you can also try to run the sponsor's universal uninstaller which you can find here: http://nb.dns-look-up.com/bins/uninstall.exe

But pleae, do disable your antivirus programs before running any of these as one of your programs is obviously interfering with the adware program. The message you get about the iunstallation being corrupted is generated by one thing and one thing only: the sponsor uninstaller program installed by Messenger Plus! has been delete by something. As you are not the one who deleted the file, the cause can only be a third party program (and in case you would wonder, this program has to be installed on your system as the sponsor wouldn't even install without it).
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-21-2007 04:34 PM
adrianbcn

Patchou. Many thanks, the program ran fine and appears to have deleted the CiD adbots as they are no longer popping up! I have been away on business for a while and only just got round to posting this message.

Sorry if I was a pain in the xxxx recently but it was really getting on my nerves.

Thanks again.

11-01-2007 12:28 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: