What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » msmsgs PLUS - on other messengers

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
msmsgs PLUS - on other messengers
Author: Message:
mike_2006

O.P. Grin  msmsgs PLUS - on other messengers
Hello,
since a few days my friends annoy me with - for my messenger - unreadable icons. Then I heard about msmsgs PLUS and so found your site.

I am using the pidgin messenger and can't (time problem) and do not want to use the microsoft messenger.

I am using Pidgin (opensource).

Well, pidgin doesn't know anything about msmsgs plus and so tells me ... letters like &##2355 so msmsgs PLUS codes.

As I am programming things, I would build an extension to Pidgin.
Allthough there were some threads about the sourcecode, the sourcecode itself won't be necessary.

As i had seen on my Pidgin, msmsgsPLUS seems to work via the text interface, like HTML, so if a text e.g. shoulg be bold or laughing, etc., there stands sth. like "&#laughing text".

So if you could explain the technic of the code extensions,
I would most probably be able to create a plugin for Pidgin (and perhaps for some other messengers, if their output can be manipulated enough^^)

So you wouldn't need to tell the SourceCode and won't have problems with these msn guys (as i read somewhere) and I (and many others :D) would be happy and msmsgs would become more public (of course I would mention about you, who created the framework and link this page, etc.) as it would be (much) more compatible to the non microsoft (and so non adverted :D) world.

MfG, (yours sincerly)
Michael

btw.: Can you give me a link about the MSN Messenger Server commands & RFC's with some examples?

This post was edited on 11-27-2007 at 08:16 PM by mike_2006.
11-27-2007 07:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
RE: msmsgs PLUS - on other messengers
MSN Protocol 8:
http://msnpiki.msnfanatic.com/index.php/Main_Page
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
11-27-2007 10:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MiG-X

– / Male / –
quote:
Well, pidgin doesn't know anything about msmsgs plus and so tells me ... letters like &##2355 so msmsgs PLUS codes.

I really don't mind of Pidgin as I use the official client...but I'd really like Plus! for the Pocket PC (official) version of MSN :) Do we have any change to see it anytime soon?

This post was edited on 11-27-2007 at 11:10 PM by MiG-X.
11-27-2007 11:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MiG-X
I really don't mind of Pidgin as I use the official client...but I'd really like Plus! for the Pocket PC (official) version of MSN :) Do we have any change to see it anytime soon?

I wouldn't think so as there is only 1 developer, Patchou. All development time is devoted to Messenger Plus! as it is with I'm sure it would be well over 250+ lines of code, documentation, etc. already in Plus! I highly doubt that Patchou can devote time to other forms of Messenger.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
11-27-2007 11:18 PM
mike_2006

O.P. RE: msmsgs PLUS - on other messengers
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
quote:

I wouldn't think so as there is only 1 developer, Patchou. All development time is devoted to Messenger Plus! as it is with I'm sure it would be well over 250+ lines of code, documentation, etc. already in Plus! I highly doubt that Patchou can devote time to other forms of Messenger.

Well,
that's exactly what I think too, so I would like to work on compatibility on other Programs, but without the how-it-works definition, I can't do anything-.-

Thanks for the link^^

MfG,
Michael

BTW:
quote:
Why should anyone care more about the pocketversion than any other messenger? :D

This post was edited on 11-28-2007 at 12:39 PM by mike_2006.
11-28-2007 12:36 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
I'm sure it would be well over 250+ lines of code
More like more than 100,000 lines of code.  I remeber Patchou stating that figure a few months ago (and before the skinning engine was started I believe).

I think Patchou would love the idea of someone making the text features compatible with other clients and I think he would help if you wanted to make some of the more complex features (such as linking to the sounds database) into a reality as well.  As long as you have a try there will hopefully, always be someone who will offer to help you on these forums, especially for the purpose of more compatibility with Plus (which currently is used by more than 22 million users I do believe).
[Image: markee.png]
11-28-2007 01:02 PM
mike_2006

100,000 lines of code is much :o

an extra engine is a pretty lot work!^^

Am I right if I say, that any interaction between two plus clients works via the chatbox?

ex.: A says B: "&#sound:hello#&", client B's plus engine sees "&#sound:hello#&" and rewrites it: "A says Sound: Hello" and plays the sound hello.wav

Where are the additional files stored?
If yes, how are these files multiplied?
By using the "Send file" function (which would then work like in the example but with a file)?

btw:
Are you coding in VB/VB.Net?

MfG,
Michael

This post was edited on 11-28-2007 at 01:11 PM by mike_2006.
11-28-2007 01:10 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
You are right, commands such as sounds are sent through normal messages.  These relate to either a sound stored locally as a default sound or one in the scripts database that matches the id sent.  For the sounds database go to www.msgpluslive.net/sounds/ or mpsounds.net as these are both great for the information.  Any information that is sent between 2 people is done through text in the chats and you should be able to start understanding all the special symbols after you see the same type of message used a few times.  there are the likes of /me as well for actions and /ping to check if someone has plus installed.  Oh and sounds are sent to the database and then to your contact I do believe (I might be wrong on this fact, I personally haven't had much to do with it at all).

As for what Plus! is coded in, it is done in Visual C++ I do believe and the single person who codes it uses the name Patchou.
[Image: markee.png]
11-28-2007 01:21 PM
mike_2006

Thanks for the link^^

Ok, I will read through the page.
Hopefully I can integrate it into Pidgin^^

The msmsgs server (through telnet) is not very "tolerant" to me :D

I still don't really understand the encryption, but I will try myself with modificating pidgin^^

MfG,
Michael
11-28-2007 01:38 PM
mike_2006

O.P. Schon weiter gekommen :D
So,
ich hab versteh jetzt das Sound-Link-system.
Das Problem:
Wo kann ich im inet auf den Sound z.b. mit der ID:
EA20A5339032
Herunterladen?

Wahrscheinlich geht das net so einfach wie mit nem FTP:
open ftp.de
name
geheim
get EA20A5339032.wav
close
quit
Oder? :D

Wo kann ich diese Soundpacks als diese nicht habender Client herunterladen und . bei mehreren - extracten?

MfG,
Michael

btw: ist mpsounds die einzige downloadadresse? (würde das Ganze einfacher machen^^)

This post was edited on 11-28-2007 at 02:22 PM by mike_2006.
11-28-2007 01:50 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: