What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [COMING SOON] Summertime Skin

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
[COMING SOON] Summertime Skin
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [COMING SOON] Summertime Skin
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i do use messpatch is that going to cause any problems?
Yes it will. When extracting resource you will extract the resources with the patch applied, which means all your users will be forced to have these patches applied too. This is a problem.

Disable the patch, make sure everything is back to default, and extract the resources again. Make sure you don't use the consolidated version either.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-15-2007 10:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [COMING SOON] Summertime Skin
Actually he can use the consolidated Definitions Fine but it's highly suggested to use the Standard Styles files

I actually have my latest skin in the works in the Consolidated Folder Structure with Consolidated Definitions and original Styles files.

I plan to re-make beaver and steve soon so don't worry foreigners
12-15-2007 11:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [COMING SOON] Summertime Skin
sorry about that menthinx i really didnt know that my extracted resourced would be prepatched if my messenger was patched when extracting them, ill try to fix it all asap.

i now have a nicely skinned login screen and contact list, i skinned word wheel and dashboard and toolbars on the contact list so it really looks nice now only the convo window to go and then ill go through my uifiles and copy my customisations to the unpatched ones.

again im sorry about the whole patched resources thing.

EDIT:

i have unpatched messenger and by completely uninstalling it deleting all messenger directories and reinstalling a new clean copy, i then reinstalled plus and have redone my UIFILES based on the newly extracted UIFILES so theres no patches applied in my skin now, after doing all that i took some new screenshots and now can show you what it all looks like at moment.

[Image: SummertimeSkin.png]

contact list and login window are now fully skinned to my satisfaction, well i might add options in to patch certain elements later assuming of course thats not against any rules as im not sure to be honest, and the convo window needs a little more work.

anyways tell me what you think of it so far.

This post was edited on 12-16-2007 at 10:40 AM by stuartbennett.
12-15-2007 11:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: