What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Internet Explorer 8

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Do you think that in future you want to use IE8 or Firefox 3?
This poll is closed.
Internet Explorer 8 11 30.56%
Firefox 3 22 61.11%
Another browser (Safari 3?) 3 8.33%
Total: 36 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Internet Explorer 8
Author: Message:
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Internet Explorer 8
:P oh ok... thanks for the info Dane...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-23-2007 01:01 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
duck!

– / Male / Flag
I will use firefox 3, internet explorer is an awful browser :P, it crashes, looks horrible and badly coded, i doubt Internet exploer 8 will be any better 8-)
QUACK QUACK QUACK

12-23-2007 01:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
I'm having a problem with IE7 and latest releases of Adobe Flash Player since 2 years ago and I always wait for every update to solve this problem and nothing happens (it still crash when I visit www.acmilan.com and don't display the titles in www.espndeportes.com)... :( I hate it...
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-23-2007 01:10 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by duck!
I will use firefox 3, internet explorer is an awful browser :P, it crashes, looks horrible and badly coded, i doubt Internet exploer 8 will be any better 8-)

Like Firefox is any better?  Firefox chews up memory much quicker, I had a nasty bug with it a few weeks ago in which everytime I started it up (No Extensions/Fresh Install), it crashed.  The only way to fix it was to uninstall it and manually delete everything it did.  Also, Firefoxes appearance is awful and cluttered compared to IE7's, even with the skinning in Firefox it continues to look bad (i'm still waiting to see this new interface for Vista integration)...And, per my crashing problem, it also proves that Firefox is badly coded.

Don't get me wrong here, I keep Firefox on my computer for one reason and only one reason...if i'm going to hate a software as much as I hate Firefox, i'm going to keep using it and every new, consecutive version of it to ensure that I still feel the same way about it with every release.  IE8 will include support for the Acid2 test, which is the major thing imo that it was missing, but Firefox 2 currently fails the Acid2 test at this time too, so they're both improving upon that at the same time.

Also, don't doubt IE getting better.  Microsoft has seen that users want more in their browser from the users that HAVE switched to Firefox and i'm sure they're working on competitive features to get those users back.
12-23-2007 01:12 AM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Also, Firefoxes appearance is awful and cluttered compared to IE7's, even with the skinning in Firefox it continues to look bad
well that is depending of the skin you use... no all are bads... and the skin engine I think is very good one...
12-23-2007 01:20 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
Dane Firefox is completely customizable you can get rid of any icons you want or adjust the spacing between icons or delete toolbars etc etc. So there's no way you can say it's crowded. It looks no different from most browsers tbh :S
12-23-2007 01:52 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Internet Explorer 8 all the way for me

It always has, and always will be, all about Microsoft for me.  I only use non Microsoft programmes when there isn't a Microsoft alternative.  The products are always polished, reliable and exactly what you ask for, no hidden surprises.   And they never create any compatibility issues cos they're all designed to run together

Microsoft all the way for me (Y)
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5214 days, 8 hours, 9 minutes, 52 seconds ago
12-23-2007 02:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
For me, I will use IE8....
I never had problems with it... Even with the flash webpages and online games....
12-23-2007 02:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
I have no idea why we are speculating as we have really no idea what IE8 is going to be like... for all everyone knows here it could truly be better than FF3 (unlikely but very possible - don't forget the resources Microsoft has available).

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
I don't think Apple and Mozilla have much to worry about, Microsoft is developing new software, but it is still years behind what other companies have produced and there has been a huge quality dip in recent years. Quiet simply Microsoft has gained a reputation of releasing unpolished programs.

ha.. i don't think Microsoft has much to worry about either... their market share is barely feeling FF and Opera and i imagine in the future new releases of IE, as they become more up to a FF standard, will convert people back.

Its a case of waiting and seeing :P
Segosa is newb.
12-23-2007 03:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
kezz

'kezz.,

32 / Male / Flag
There really isn't much point arguing over which one is better, because people are unlikely to swap based on a few opinions, they usually have to try it for themselves. Personally, Firefox is great, but i'm waiting to see what MS can produce in IE8, because I think they have potential.
[Image: 2764.png]
[Image: internet.png]
12-23-2007 04:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: