What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme

Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
[Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
Author: Message:
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
Jeez how hard is it to post a screenshot.

[Image: 365%20Skin.png]

A link straight to your skin in the database would be nice also. People here are lazy.

This post was edited on 12-25-2007 at 02:31 PM by Phillip.
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
12-25-2007 02:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
Lol I will add a link in the first post linked to the database as people are "lazy"

It's in the first post and here http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/20-365-Skin/

This post was edited on 12-25-2007 at 05:04 PM by freak544.
12-25-2007 05:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
maybe you should check my Old School Messenger thread and take it as a example for your first post...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-26-2007 12:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
so basically tell the user absolutely everything, however in the christmas skin thread jason did that but to a little lesser degree and was told in no uncertain terms his first post was too long.
12-26-2007 05:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
so basically tell the user absolutely everything, however in the christmas skin thread jason did that but to a little lesser degree and was told in no uncertain terms his first post was too long.

Excatly I did do that in my christmas theme thread but got told it was wa too long so I cut half the stuff out to shorten it down
12-26-2007 08:13 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
ok warmth, you said you want the background removal option restored however with a multi themed skin this will cause all sorts of problems, the best i can probably do is add a theme called "none" in which you only have the default look and feel of messenger and in that theme the skin would just be a glorified patch.

the default theme was built to be very basic its only purpose is that when you import for the first time you can see a skin has imported and loaded whereas had i done a none skin as default it wouldve loaded but user wouldnt realise it, i couldnt use a themed skin as the default because if it was imported at the wrong time of year it wouldnt look cool to the user.

please advise if the none theme is considered to be a more preferable option. i will attempt to make these changes over the weekend aswell as a few other enhancements me and jason have been working on.
12-27-2007 10:20 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
quote:
ok warmth, you said you want the background removal option restored however with a multi themed skin this will cause all sorts of problems, the best i can probably do is add a theme called "none" in which you only have the default look and feel of messenger and in that theme the skin would just be a glorified patch.

the default theme was built to be very basic its only purpose is that when you import for the first time you can see a skin has imported and loaded whereas had i done a none skin as default it wouldve loaded but user wouldnt realise it, i couldnt use a themed skin as the default because if it was imported at the wrong time of year it wouldnt look cool to the user.

please advise if the none theme is considered to be a more preferable option. i will attempt to make these changes over the weekend aswell as a few other enhancements me and jason have been working on.

I think he was on about in the christmas theme there was the option to have a green BG rather than the christmas tree

How we are going to do this I am not sure as we already have quite a few resgroups planned so looks like we might have to add more
12-28-2007 02:08 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
quote:
Originally posted by freak544
quote:

Excatly I did do that in my christmas theme thread but got told it was wa too long so I cut half the stuff out to shorten it down

Warmth suggested to shorten the change log a bit, not to cut the important information like DB link, screenshots, compatibily information, etc.... ;)

(though, I personaly don't see a problem in a long change log myself - better to give a bit too much info than too little info)

This post was edited on 12-28-2007 at 02:31 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-28-2007 02:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by freak544
quote:

Warmth suggested to shorten the change log a bit, not to cut the important information like DB link, screenshots, compatibily information, etc.... ;)

(though, I personaly don't see a problem in a long change log myself - better to give a bit too much info than too little info)

Yeah but my christmas skin is now included in this new 365 skin package of mine and stuarts so support for the cristmas skin and summertime skin should be put in here (this thread) from now on

This post was edited on 12-28-2007 at 02:42 PM by freak544.
12-28-2007 02:42 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
thanks cookie we will bare that in mind on our next release, speaking of which i have been coding up some major new features to the skin tonight, mainly in the christmas theme so far but i will be moving on to the other themes over this weekend so a new version could be on the horizon in the not too distant future.
12-28-2007 08:51 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: