What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme

Pages: (11): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
[Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
its ok jason, i know your working your hardest around your current situation, i am waiting a few graphics back from blessedguy for one of the features the skin will have, also cause of a bug in messenger i have to change my replace on the scrollbars to a <new> instead of a <replace> to overcome the bug so i have to manual recode about 40 or 50 uifiles which ill be attempting to do this coming weekend.

then i still have a bit of work to do restructuring the skininfo file and also now theres this grahics issue on the about box to sort out lol, so as you can see i am going to be flat out trying to acheive the desired release date myself, when we get to it let me know how much of them is done, if your close then ill wait for you if not then we can discuss further at that time.
03-25-2008 05:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
its ok jason, i know your working your hardest around your current situation, i am waiting a few graphics back from blessedguy for one of the features the skin will have
I think they wil be finished by sunday! (I've only got fridays, saturdays and sundays to do everything not related to studying...)
[Image: Empty.png]
03-27-2008 01:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
its ok jason, i know your working your hardest around your current situation, i am waiting a few graphics back from blessedguy for one of the features the skin will have
I think they wil be finished by sunday! (I've only got fridays, saturdays and sundays to do everything not related to studying...)

ok thanks blessedguy i look forward to seeing them all.
03-27-2008 05:45 AM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
great news everyone 365 V2.50 has been released, its been in the database for about a day now but we didnt want to update the posts here until it was in the database, i hope you all enjoy this release and please dont hesitate to tell us about any features you want added or any bugs you might find and we will be happy to take the information on board.
04-17-2008 05:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
hi everyone

i know i havent been posting on here much in the last three months since 2.50 was released, the reason is that at present developement of 365 has hit a wall, im next to useless at designing complex backgrounds and little fidly graphics, those however are the very types of graphics i require in order to build the 7 new themes needed to proceed any further with 365.

as the other outstanding tasks for 365 3.00 need to be applied to all the themes im waiting for these graphics to be created first, yes you guessed it Jason (freak544) is the one who is charged with developing these graphics, im guessing he still hasnt got round to sending off his laptop to be repaired as yet hence while you havent heard from either of us recently.

let me assure you im using this time to collect feedback and anything suggested for improving 365 will be researched and experimented with during this time, im online every day and constantly monitor these forums and the contact form over at ukskinsunited so please don't hesitate to give me your opinions.

on a technical note, i got Menthix's email this morning advising us developers to prepare our skins for Messenger Plus!'s 4.70 release and autoupdate feature, i made the necesarry changes to my skin this morning and removed the 6 new skins from the theme list that as yet have no underlying functionality built on them yet so as to make the skin a bit more user friendly, i submitted to the database this morning and its now V2.60, these literally are the only changes so theres no great urgency to upgrade but obviously id prefer it if you do anyway as atleast then your guaranteed compatability with plus! 4.70.

anyway thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read this rather long note and ill let you know once we start making any serious developements to 365 again.
08-07-2008 05:30 PM
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
quote:
hi everyone

i know i havent been posting on here much in the last three months since 2.50 was released, the reason is that at present developement of 365 has hit a wall, im next to useless at designing complex backgrounds and little fidly graphics, those however are the very types of graphics i require in order to build the 7 new themes needed to proceed any further with 365.

as the other outstanding tasks for 365 3.00 need to be applied to all the themes im waiting for these graphics to be created first, yes you guessed it Jason (freak544) is the one who is charged with developing these graphics, im guessing he still hasnt got round to sending off his laptop to be repaired as yet hence while you havent heard from either of us recently.

let me assure you im using this time to collect feedback and anything suggested for improving 365 will be researched and experimented with during this time, im online every day and constantly monitor these forums and the contact form over at ukskinsunited so please don't hesitate to give me your opinions.

on a technical note, i got Menthix's email this morning advising us developers to prepare our skins for Messenger Plus!'s 4.70 release and autoupdate feature, i made the necesarry changes to my skin this morning and removed the 6 new skins from the theme list that as yet have no underlying functionality built on them yet so as to make the skin a bit more user friendly, i submitted to the database this morning and its now V2.60, these literally are the only changes so theres no great urgency to upgrade but obviously id prefer it if you do anyway as atleast then your guaranteed compatability with plus! 4.70.

anyway thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read this rather long note and ill let you know once we start making any serious developements to 365 again.

since the above was posted in August 2008 we have had the release of the new "Windows Live Messenger 2009", unfortunately the release of this new version of messenger will now herald the death of 365 Skin, despite our best attempts we are unable to decipher the new UI Files, they are far too complicated for us to ever consider making 365 compatible with this latest version of messenger.

furthermore i am now declaring UK Skins United as in liquidation, unless we are able to get more skinners to join us in a last ditch attempt to save 365 then there is no point in us existing any longer, i will allow 1 month from today to see if things improve but if not our website @ http://www.freewebs.com/ukskinsunited/ will be deleted and we will give up on skinning forever.

just thought id let all our fans know whats happening.
03-09-2009 12:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
davidpolitis

RE: RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
quote:
Originally posted by freak544
furthermore i am now declaring UK Skins United as in liquidation
Hmm... I've never heard of liquidation being used to describe someone stopping a hobby.

quote:
just thought id let all our fans know whats happening.
Fans??? 8-)

This post was edited on 03-10-2009 at 09:22 AM by davidpolitis.
03-10-2009 09:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
Is it really difficult for you to update the skin? I mean, with some effort you could start skinning again, UI Files format is almost the same as in 8.5, just few changes...
03-11-2009 01:14 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
furthermore i am now declaring UK Skins United as in liquidation
so i assume you'll need my paypal email?

because what you're saying is you're making something already free, free.....so you have to pay me to use the skin next month.
03-12-2009 12:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Don't really see the huge struggle, i've only just started skinning, and 2009 really isn't that hard to pick up, it takes a little while but I got the hang of it quite quickly :S Hoping to release my skin soon too.
...there used to be a signature here :)
03-12-2009 05:38 AM
Pages: (11): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: