What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme

Pages: (11): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 » Last »
[Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
Author: Message:
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

It sounds to me that you just don't want to put any effort in.

The new UI files are barely any different from the old ones.  90% of the content is still the same.  The principles of skinning are all the same.

You obviously haven't searched the forum either, as there's been a full list of what number relates to what window for two months:

mynetx's reply to Definition and Styles Id's

Not to mention the fact that most of the names are revealed when you extract the resources.

Just put a bit of effort in and it'll soon be rewarded....there's really not much change from 8.5 skinning.....and it's not meant to be something that's easy.

It can take months of trial and error to get a skin how you want it......but that's what makes it worth it.

Those are my thoughts exactly as well.

Look not everything comes easy, the only reason I wrote the guides originally was to get people interested in Messenger skins and make more people aware that skins for Messenger do exist.

The fact is the concepts from the original guides are still all there, if you have skinned 8.5 and can't figure out whats what in 9, then the purpose of my guides failed and you didn't learn a thing.

The point was to give people the basic knowledge in Messenger 8.5 so that when 9 came around we would have a few people trying to figure out whats what and be able to provide help to others (rather than relying on me writing up those lengthy guides).

There is no such thing as pressure when it comes to skinning, you are not obliged to do anything nor live up to a standard that people expect from you. There are no deadlines with skins, its all on how you choose to spend your time.

But yeah please don't post up stuff like things not being possible when it is and making it seem like only those with super skills can ever skin. It discourages those who may want to take a crack at skinning.
03-19-2009 03:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
sorry willz i wasn't trying to discourage anyone, i think i did get the mail button to show/hide in contact list however its the only button in the contact list so how do i create the others to show/hide? as for the graphics i know a friend who is a graphics designer we both used to be part of a gaming community called superdudes, she's going to look at the version of 365 thats currently in the skins database over this coming weekend and will then let me know if she can help me with the graphics.
03-19-2009 08:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i think i did get the mail button to show/hide in contact list however its the only button in the contact list so how do i create the others to show/hide?
Simple: as before =)
If you really don't know how to, just take a look at skins that does that, like Guéna's, Willz's, mynetx's, mine, and some others, you'll see that, as everybody already, nothing has really changed that much, because of the people who worked hard at Plus! 4.80 and Messenger's UI files.
Just don't say everything has changed and that everything is harder and simply impossible: it just denotes that work everyone had with this new version was worth nothing.
The rest, I agree with djdannyp and Willz.
[Image: Empty.png]
03-19-2009 05:10 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i think i did get the mail button to show/hide in contact list however its the only button in the contact list so how do i create the others to show/hide?
Simple: as before =)
If you really don't know how to, just take a look at skins that does that, like Guéna's, Willz's, mynetx's, mine, and some others, you'll see that, as everybody already, nothing has really changed that much, because of the people who worked hard at Plus! 4.80 and Messenger's UI files.
Just don't say everything has changed and that everything is harder and simply impossible: it just denotes that work everyone had with this new version was worth nothing.
The rest, I agree with djdannyp and Willz.

all the skins that use this feature already only use uib files not the styles or definitions, also all there images are in msnrle format so i cant even look through the images to see which images relate to what. as i said before i am not trying to undermine the work that was done to build 4.80 nor am i trying to discourage others i merely am pointing out i cannot find out how to do the things i want to do and whenever i do ask for help nobody seems to care enough to provide the requested help.

EDIT:

to prove a point in 8.5 the code below which is from the 923 definitions files extracted from version 2009 would have worked and allowed me to show or hide the mail button that this code doesnt work therefore it isn't as self explanatory as you are all making it out to be, maybe you can tell me what i've done wrong.

[quote}
<*PlusSkin Conditions(MailBtn1 = true) *>
<Button Id=atom(mailbtn) CmdId=40198 AccRole=57 Accdesc=rcstr("msgr",4227) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4226) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4228) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2) Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
<Element Layout=FillLayout()>
<element class="ToolbarIcon" content=rcimg("msgr",1480) Id=atom(idMailIcon)/>
<Element Layout=FillLayout() Padding=Rect(12,8,0,0)>
<Element Id=atom(mailcount) Class="ToolbarButtonItemCount" FontSize=rcint("msgr",20957)pt ContentAlign=middlecenter/>
</Element>
</Element>
</Button>
<*/PlusSkin*>
<PlusSkin Conditions(MailBtn1 = false) *>
<*/PlusSkin*>

also perhaps you can point out how to rewrite this button so it can service say the plus button or one of the others.

This post was edited on 03-19-2009 at 05:30 PM by stuartbennett.
03-19-2009 05:22 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
Willz's UIB format is just plain .txt with its extension changed to .uib, just open it with any text editor... Mine and Guéna's are just plain .txt and have no .msnrle images.
First, ask what you want to, we might be able to answear! =) Maybe when you asked it, nobody had already managed to do it.
03-19-2009 05:28 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
blessedguy please refer to the edit in my post above.
03-19-2009 05:33 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
XML code:
<*PlusSkin Conditions(MailBtn1 = true) *>
<Button Id=atom(mailbtn) CmdId=40198 AccRole=57 Accdesc=rcstr("msgr",4227) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4226) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4228) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2) Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
<Element Id=atom(mailcount) Class="ToolbarButtonItemCount" FontSize=rcint("msgr",20957)pt ContentAlign=middlecenter/>
</Element>
</Element>
</Button>
<*/PlusSkin*>
<PlusSkin Conditions(MailBtn1 = false) *>
[b]<Button Id=atom(mailbtn) CmdId=40198 AccRole=57 Accdesc=rcstr("msgr",4227) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4226) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4228) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2) [i]layoutpos=none[/i] Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
</Element>
</Element>
</Button>[/b]
<*/PlusSkin*>

You just have to add the layoutpos=none thingy, and would be easier to just use this:
XML code:
<Button Id=atom(mailbtn) CmdId=40198 AccRole=57 Accdesc=rcstr("msgr",4227) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4226) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4228) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2)<PlusSkin Conditions(RemMailBtn = true) *> layoutpos=none<*/PlusSkin*> Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>

03-19-2009 05:40 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
regardless of whether i use your code or mine all i get is the following skin trace error

XML code:
09/03/19 17:48:33| **** The trace has started ****
09/03/19 17:48:33| Skin: 365 Skin 2.70
09/03/19 17:48:33| Messenger version: 14.0.206.8064 (en-us)
09/03/19 17:48:33| Messenger Plus! version: 4.80.356
09/03/19 17:48:33| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 923
09/03/19 17:48:33| Attribute pair is invalid. Line (def): 131. Column: 12

which indicates both sets of code are wrong.
03-19-2009 05:50 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme
That's because there's errors in the code posted

Using his second excerpt of code, there's a missing asterisk in the opening 'PlusSkin' tag

And in the first excerpt there's a rogue [/b] tag in the second from bottom line as well as a missing asterisk in the opening PlusSkin tag (which is also an error in your posted code)
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5230 days, 4 hours, 51 minutes, 30 seconds ago
03-19-2009 05:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
I didn't correct the code =P Just copy-pasted it from his post, and [/b] and [/i] were bold and italic tags, that didn't get replaced because of the [/code] =)
anyways, it is
XML code:
<Button Id=atom(mailbtn) CmdId=40198 AccRole=57 Accdesc=rcstr("msgr",4227) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4226) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4228) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2)<*PlusSkin Conditions(RemoveMailBtn = true) *> layoutpos=none</*PlusSkin*> Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>

This post was edited on 03-20-2009 at 05:23 PM by blessedguy.
03-19-2009 06:12 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: