What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Skin Requests » Need help with creating!!!

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Need help with creating!!!
Author: Message:
jonesy123

O.P. Need help with creating!!!
please can someone help, i have tried and tried to create a man united skin and i failed every time.
I was wondering if anyone out there would make one for me with the man united emblem(logo) in the contact list background.

P.S. Thanks:D

This post was edited on 01-16-2008 at 07:52 PM by jonesy123.
01-16-2008 07:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Need help with creating!!!
There is a script that changes the contact list background and also a thread that tells how this can be done. I suggest you read the skinning documentation or willz's guide and try doing it on your own.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
01-16-2008 08:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jonesy123

O.P. RE: Need help with creating!!!
seriously i have tried about 5 times and it went wrong each time i just need someone to make if they have spare time.
01-16-2008 08:34 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Skinning is a trial and error process

If anyone here (even Willz :P) claims that they got everything right first time then they're lying.

It takes numerous mistakes, mess-ups, even breaking entire windows before you get the desired effect.

Read through the skinning documentation and maybe download a skin made by someone else that changes the contact list background (such as my SexySkin) and see how we changed the contact list background

If you understand the basics of XML and can read through code properly then it's a very straightforward thing to do.

It's the trial and error that makes it all worthwhile when you get it working.  Sure you could just get someone else to do it.....but where's the satisfaction in that?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5222 days, 13 hours, 47 minutes, 33 seconds ago
01-16-2008 09:24 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
djdannyp is right. It is definitely a great done and you feel very happy when you finally manage to bring out the desired effect because all your attempts are paid off. Only if you try it you will know what we mean. Think of it!
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
01-16-2008 09:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jonesy123
someone seriously i have tried about 5 times and it went wrong each time i just need someone to make if they have spare time.
well then just post your problem here and we will help you teaching you what you did wrong...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
01-16-2008 10:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Need help with creating!!!
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Skinning is a trial and error process

If anyone here (even Willz :P) claims that they got everything right first time then they're lying.

What? :P Me not get something right the first time HA right!

Nah :P

In my early skinning days, I would at least screw up my MSN like 20-30 times a day just with experimenting. You learn from your mistakes and you get better for it (Although now I trial and error a lot less :P)

You shouldn't give up so easily just because things don't work the first couple times. Nowadays you can get help with skinning, hell some people are even nice enough to put tutorials up :P

Back when I started it was all about taking random stabs in the dark and hoping for the best, and if you got stuck in a hole..... well you had very few people to get you out of it.

What I say is just post up where you are having issues and people will for sure try to help out.

01-17-2008 12:10 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
If the only thing you are after is a background in the contactlist why do it the hard way trying to make a skin? Why not use a script that allows you to set those easily?

As Basilis already mentioned there is a script available doing just that: Background Changer

The only possible thing you might not like with that method is the fact the image stretches along with the window, but if that doesn't look so bad or doesn't bother you then go for the easy route (at least give it a try to see if that's what you want) ;)
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-17-2008 12:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
If the only thing you are after is a background in the contactlist why do it the hard way trying to make a skin? Why not use a script that allows you to set those easily?
He/she likes to get things done in the harder way :P!!! or maybe is just so lazy to do it himself/herself and that's just an excuse to get what he want without moving a finger...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
01-17-2008 06:25 PM
jonesy123

O.P. RE: Need help with creating!!!
Ok sunshine ive downloaded the background changer now what do i do ive imported it but there isnt no icon on ma contact list
01-17-2008 08:36 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: