What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Officer roughs up teen

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
Officer roughs up teen
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Officer roughs up teen
I think the car this cop drives in might be related to his anger problem.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-14-2008 09:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I think the car this cop drives in might be related to his anger problem.
and his uniform 8-)
[Image: jumbled.png]
02-14-2008 09:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
I saw one a day ago or two where a cop arrested a guy in a wheelchair for parking in a prohibited place (he used special equipment to drive) after he gets to the police's offices he is asked to stand up by the cop. he can't stand up, and the officer insists on him standing up when he couldn't move his legs. The officer gets pissed and grabs the chair by the back handles and throws him to the floor, there were two other officers present there and they didn't do a thing. way to go, cops! (was in the US btw.)
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
02-14-2008 11:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
funniest thing?

at the VERY end of the vid

Cop - "Is that camera on? If I find myself on y-"
*end of video*

Personally I think he (the cop) has been a complete definition of cunt in human form.

NO WAY was that reasonable force for the "crime" committed. Also he did not handle that in any form of professional manner at all, ok he confiscates the skateboard but he does not at any time write down the Name, Address or Contact Details of the child concerned or give his details over or any information regarding how to reclaim his property

Heck the force shown in the video alone can be enough for a court case on child abuse in some countries. (~50-54s)

Maybe I'm biased though being a (ex)skater, even so, things seem way too aggressive from the adult here, especially on such a petty crime.

I think he needs a real suit and car, that shows power not something I'd associate with gym exercise and 80's gay stereotypes

This post was edited on 02-15-2008 at 12:02 AM by aNILEator.
02-14-2008 11:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
funniest thing?

at the VERY end of the vid

Cop - "Is that camera on? If I find myself on y-"
*end of video*

I lol'd :D
02-15-2008 12:43 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
i think i personally said pwned at my computer screen :P
02-15-2008 01:11 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
i think the kid learnt the lesson, well done mr officer :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
02-15-2008 01:36 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
I asked what did you think of the video. I know you weren't there...
quote:
omg, i know the video is shit quality the guy was filming without the officer that's not what the thread is about.
Hey, maybe I should throw you to the ground, take your keyboard away, and start bitching about your parents and your language used on the forums. Maybe I should, on top of that, not identify myself legally, and harass you some more, forcing you to do something that you don't have to do under any law (like sitting down somewhere). Then maybe I can keep bitching at you and start complaining about a camera that your buddy has every right to use to film me doing all this to you.
quote:
don't call me dude ok sorry dude don't call me man ok man
He was obviously pretty scared. The kid was 14, and the guy could have easily hurt him (and seemed quite likely to do so).
quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible
I would have smashed him in the head with the board when i had the chance. They wonder why no one respects them? Its because they do stupid stuff like this.
Yeah, and then have the entire deal turn your way for assaulting an officer of the law
quote:
He was doing something wrong he was skateboarding in the wrong place then he was giving lip to the officier and the kid wouldn't listen

I don't know where this video was filmed, but had it been around here, the officer would not have been allowed to use such yelling or aggressive behaviour for something of the sort. He had to first ensure that the person in question was warned of the behaviour if there are no written indications in the area stating the fact that it is not legal to skateboard there. If the child continues to do it, the officer must then take names down and etc. Though in such a case, a a warrant is probably necessary, seeing as he does not need to arrest the person immediately as it's not dangerous.

If I were in the person's position, I would have made it clear that 1, I knew my rights, and 2, he was not in HIS rights to touch me without giving me a reason or showing me a warrant. Saying "you know what you did wrong" is hardly a valid reason for such violent behaviour.

This post was edited on 02-15-2008 at 02:59 AM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
02-15-2008 02:58 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Officer roughs up teen
quote:
quote:
omg, i know the video is shit quality the guy was filming without the officer that's not what the thread is about.
Hey, maybe I should throw you to the ground, take your keyboard away, and start bitching about your parents and your language used on the forums. Maybe I should, on top of that, not identify myself legally, and harass you some more, forcing you to do something that you don't have to do under any law (like sitting down somewhere). Then maybe I can keep bitching at you and start complaining about a camera that your buddy has every right to use to film me doing all this to you.

lou watch the video carefully. The officer asked for the skateboard which the kid was breaking the law with. The kid refused so the cop grabed the skateboard, still the kid didnt give it, thats when the cop has a right to use force. If i have 5 grams of weed in my hand and the officer says give it and i refuse then he grabs the weed then pushes me to the ground in a struggle and takes it, should i start complaining? He pushed me to the ground. Watch carefully and think about it. You cant really hear what the kid is saying, but the bits you can hear of the kid all you can hear is the kid giving him lip calling him dude man ect,talking back.
02-15-2008 04:30 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
I think the cop had every right to tell the kid not to skateboard in an area hes not meant to, but i think he took it way over the top with the yelling and talking about his parents like that. I agree with the definition that he could be sumwhere else bustin up drug groups and stuff *-)
...there used to be a signature here :)
02-15-2008 07:10 AM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: