What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Officer roughs up teen

Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Officer roughs up teen
Author: Message:
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Officer roughs up teen
I don't know if you all have seen this video or not but its the most watched vid on youtube right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hxOr3q7nrk

I can understand why the cop was pissed off. If you watch the first bit where the kid is saying he cant hear you hes got headphones in then he takes them out and the cop starts to talking to the kid, you cant hear the kid talking all you can hear is the cop. The kid was most likely saying all this smart ass shit thats why the cop got pissed. The kid was breaking the law by skateboarding where he was skateboarding, so the cop had a right to take the skateboard off him,but the kid refused and started talking back being a smart ass calling him dude and man, which you can tell he doesnt like. At the point where he grabed the kid he was really pissed off. The kid wouldnt respect him, the kid wouldn't stop calling him names that the police officer didn't like and the kid wouldn't hand over his skateboard that he has been breaking the law with. So the cop went up to him and grabed the skateboard, the kid held onto it and wouldn't give it over, so the cop had to use force and throw him to the ground. Then the kid continued to annoy the shit out of him by calling him dude and man. The funny bit is that he keeps saying "i didn't do anything" yes he did, he was skateboarding in the wrong place, then he disrespected the officer. I have noticed on youtube everyone is acting like this was unprovoked the kid did entirely nothing. What do you guys think?
02-14-2008 09:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Officer roughs up teen
Don't know, wasn't there, video does not tell enough to make a judgement without falling into speculation.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
02-14-2008 09:28 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Officer roughs up teen
I asked what did you think of the video. I know you weren't there...
02-14-2008 09:53 AM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
I have noticed on youtube everyone is acting like this was unprovoked the kid did entirely nothing. What do you guys think?
From those 2 lines I made up you wanted to know whether or not we thought the officer's action was justified.
I can't tell that from the video.

If you want to know what I think of the video itself; I think it's shit.
Not only because of the bad camerawork and poor sound quality, but also because it's something the officer has to work out with the boy (and perhaps his lawyer).
In short, I've seen better video's with a more interesting storyline. :)

edit: I do think the cop needs some sort of anger management though.
Respect can also be earned in a more calmed down way.

This post was edited on 02-14-2008 at 10:19 AM by Jesus.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
02-14-2008 10:16 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Officer roughs up teen
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
quote:
I have noticed on youtube everyone is acting like this was unprovoked the kid did entirely nothing. What do you guys think?
From those 2 lines I made up you wanted to know whether or not we thought the officer's action was justified.
I can't tell that from the video.

If you want to know what I think of the video itself; I think it's shit.
Not only because of the bad camerawork and poor sound quality, but also because it's something the officer has to work out with the boy (and perhaps his lawyer).
In short, I've seen better video's with a more interesting storyline. :)

edit: I do think the cop needs some sort of anger management though.
Respect can also be earned in a more calmed down way.

omg, i know the video is shit quality the guy was filming without the officer that's not what the thread is about.
02-14-2008 10:25 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Cop's up himself (wtf @ "don't get defensive with me", afaik he didn't do anything), I can't hear anything the kids said so I can't comment on whether what he did was justified or not.

This post was edited on 02-14-2008 at 12:13 PM by Volv.
02-14-2008 12:13 PM
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
Cop was a complete asshole. There was no need for the yelling. A simple please don't skateboard here probably would have been sufficient and if they didn't listen than he can get a bit aggressive.

If I were that kid I would have just called up my brother :grin: Then we will see who needs to respect who.
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
02-14-2008 12:28 PM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Officer roughs up teen
don't call me dude ok sorry dude don't call me man ok man
02-14-2008 12:30 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
A simple please don't skateboard here probably would have been sufficient
I think that's what he did while he was still inside his very little car, then when that kid didn't stop because he couldn't hear he got out and that's where the video starts.

This post was edited on 02-14-2008 at 01:39 PM by Volv.
02-14-2008 01:39 PM
Aeryn

– / Female / –
Wow, wtf. I agree that the kid has an attitude, but the cop certainly has one too. He just seems to want to show off how much power he has. And he obviously doesn't understand that calling someone "dude" is not just some "ranch" thing... 8-) Anyway, I think that cop should have acted professional, not just shouted at the poor kid like some abusive father.
02-14-2008 02:32 PM
Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: