What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Xbox 360 Live

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Xbox 360 Live
Author: Message:
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Xbox 360 Live
www.xbox-scene.com has lots of tutorials and information on modding your Xbox (360 and original).

You may also want to check out the Xecuter Blaster 360 which claims to require no soldering, but ofcourse still requires you to open up your 360.

PS: Sorry! Hope no one minds this type of discussion on the boards.

This post was edited on 02-21-2008 at 01:49 PM by Volv.
02-21-2008 01:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
I hope the Xecuter one works. When i get an xbox i want something like this and it might be soon.
No longer here.
02-23-2008 03:46 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
you all fail at life :p

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
( sonicsam has his haxed, he knows more about this)

Dual Firmware Chips are what you want (gives the ability to turn the mod OFF).  I myself got the "SST Firmware Chip". I put a switch inside the USB compartment to turn the mod on or off.

New Dual Firmware mods have the Power Button being pressed = Mod Off and Eject Button Being pressed = Mod On

The firmware you'd want is the iXtreme 1.4b (unless they updated it)

That way you can play online with a "higher" chance of not being detected (games being properly patched at their Security Sectors)

NOTE: iXtreme Security Sector patches ARE different from normal ones. You need to properly patch it or the mod WILL be detected.

There are no softmods for the Xbox 360 unfortunatly.

Also, make sure your console has anything but a BenQ. Apparently consoles with BenQ are still in the progress of being modded (actually. I think they released a beta firmware for BenQ)

[Image: 360dvd.jpg]

I got a Hitachi v79 (the newer one)

This post was edited on 02-23-2008 at 06:20 PM by prashker.
02-23-2008 06:16 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
I probably should have mentioned that the Xecutor Blaster 360 won't allow you to play backups as-is, it just allows you to easily hook up your 360 DVD-ROM to your PC so that you can update/modify the firmware easily, this probably isn't the best choice for beginners but will allow you to install the latest, and future (presumably safer) firmware whenever they are released without having to open your 360 again.
Just make sure you do your research and decide whether this is the thing for you or if a standard modchip is the way to go. The other thing to remember is that all modchips/firmware mods work on Xbox Live atm (provided your backup games are stealthed) but it is possible that in future Microsoft will ban them from Live (as people who played non-stealthed games found out last year :P).

This post was edited on 02-24-2008 at 09:58 AM by Volv.
02-24-2008 09:53 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: