What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Contact List Clean up Bug

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Contact List Clean up Bug
Author: Message:
finjo

RE: Contact List Clean up Bug
Just posting to say this is happening to me too. i have several people who cleanup claims do not have me on their contact list, but they talk to me regularly and in one case i've actually been on their pc and seen that they do have me on their contacts.

it only seems to happen with new people that i add (rather than people who add me first)

This post was edited on 03-14-2010 at 04:26 PM by finjo.
03-14-2010 04:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by finjo
Just posting to say this is happening to me too.)
Please read: Contact List Clean-Up NOT Working - Information!
[Image: Empty.png]
03-14-2010 05:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
egw1

44 / – / –
The problem is indeed with the latest version of WLM and many people have been complaining. I have a contact (that's the one I noticed anyway) that deleted me and then re-added me but of course it says that doesn't have me. We have absolutely no common friends, I am  1000000% sure of that so doesn't know when I am online and yes starts conversation first when i log in to WLM.

Although you can start conversation within the clean-up window if someone has you and you don't or the opposite by clicking on their names and then from up to the right "start conversation", still there is no explanation as to how that person knows when I come online or not. OK so there might be an e-mail from me on that person's inbox and by clicking you can see if the small box by the name is white/red/green or orange but isn't that a bit far fetched? It can't be that all these people are lying to us and go to all this trouble just to hide us from their contact list.

See this link here and you will understand what is going on. There is a bug with this messenger version and it is very frustrating.

http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=9...e1290ab4cdd&page=1
04-20-2010 10:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by egw1
See this link here and you will understand what is going on. There is a bug with this messenger version and it is very frustrating.

http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=9...e1290ab4cdd&page=1
What is said there: a local problem (contacts cache becomes corrupt due to some reason (of which one of the reasons was removing some DLLs and/or tampering with the previous version of the Messenger program to circumvent the mandatory update)) and also some possible misinterpretations of people on how these different contact lists work, are exactly the same as what I've been saying since a long time and which was questionned and said to be untrue. But those causes are two of the 'standard' causes, and that thread confirms that now (I must admit, before, I hadn't a public source to back me up though).

PS: They don't say "it is a bug" though! It is said it is "a problem" with the "last version". There is a small difference. It means people experience the problems when using the last version. But in fact, there is only one version, so of course people will experience it in "the last version". Aka they wont experience it in any previous version because such a previous version wouldn't work anymore. So, in essence, what is said and how you should interpret it is: "there is a problem", if you catch my drift. But of course we all already there is a problem... so, yeah...

Anyways and however, these days, another major issue is the new version of the protocol and an upcoming change in the internal relationships between the various contact lists. The Messenger program is still the same as before, but the protocol and some other, but very important internal server-side stuff in regards to how the various contact lists work with eachother, is changing to prepare for the upcomming new Messenger version. But I can't/shouldn't really say more about that though... And because of that almost everybody is now experiencing problems with the Reverse List.

But, after reading that thread, it seems to me that the support people are not quite up to date yet with their information (the support people don't always have all the information either of course; they give support and can only work with the info which is given to them from 'upperhand'. They even said so themselfs in that thread).

So, all in all, yes, that thread explains a few things of what could be the cause. But this is nothing new to the threads in this forum about this subject because those causes have been listed and explained before in some of the threads here. Nevertheless, thanks for linking to that thread on the Windows Live Solution Center. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here and what the support peepz have to say about it.

This post was edited on 04-20-2010 at 07:27 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-20-2010 07:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: