What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Contact List Clean up Bug

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Contact List Clean up Bug
Author: Message:
alister

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Contact List Clean up Bug
Ok im using the latest msn messenger plus and messpatch

this thing im about to say i have seen happening in versions befor this latest one aswell just have never said anything tho interest why it does this now as its annoying

ok so i have certain people on my contact list that have been online while i have been as i no this feature says give it time but this isnt the cause with the problem

but it says some people that i no have me on there contact list dont have me at all or a fair few somtimes and others are correct now this can be a little missleading when trying to clean up your contact list

only things i can think of that may be causing this could it be somthing to do with polyagami and having some of the same contacts on different msn accounts and it not be able to logg the info correctly due to it conflicting with polagami and not been able to tell cos its detecting from both lists?

im not sure that was a theoy with what it mite be but i definitly no it tells me some people that have had me on there msn list havent had me when i go to contact list cleanup even after i have just been talking to this person or while talking to them

it would be really good if somone could work out whats up with this as this feature is probobly the most handy in cleaning contact list tho with the present problems its not as handy

also was wondering if you have a contact on your msn list that has never come online does contact list clean up actully work that out and say they dont have you?

i mean say somone had me on there msn list and didnt logg on for say 3 mounths after i had messenger plus installed onto my pc would it say they dont have me cos it hasnt seen them come online while ive been using it?

just trying to understand how it works
[Image: darkownagel.jpg]

04-03-2008 02:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Contact List Clean up Bug
quote:
Originally posted by alister
but it says some people that i no have me on there contact list dont have me at all
It might be that they have deleted you

Second, how do you know for sure they have you on their contacts list? It is quite possible that you can see the status of someone, talk to someone, etc without that person having you on his/hers contact list.

quote:
only things i can think of that may be causing this could it be somthing to do with polyagami
Messenger Plus! is polygamy compatible. Polygamy does not influence The Contact List Cleanup.

quote:
also was wondering if you have a contact on your msn list that has never come online does contact list clean up actully work that out and say they dont have you?
You're confusing things so it seems.

The indicating that someone has/hasn't you on their contacts list has got nothing todo with the contact status.

So even if you have never seen a contact online, that contact might still have you on their contact list, or it might not. (and vice versa).

-------------------------------------

The information you see in the Contact List Cleanup window comes from Messenger itself. Plus! does not calculate this information itself, Plus! gets it directly from Messenger. So if Messenger is wrong, Plus! would be wrong.

The indication "Has you/Doesn't has you on his/hers contact list" _only_ indicates if that contact has/hasn't you on their contact list, nothing more. It has got nothing todo with the fact if you talked to that person before or not, nor does it has anything todo with you seeing that contact online or not.

All the other information from the Contact List Cleanup (the info in the columns of the list itself) regarding the last time you had a chat with someone, etc. is calculated from the moment you have installed Plus!. Since Plus! can not know what you have done and who you have talked to before you have installed Plus!. So even if is says "never talked to", it can still mean that you have talked to that person before you had Plus! installed.

----------------------

PS: please try to use punctuation. It is hard to read sentences without commas, capitals and end markers.

This post was edited on 04-04-2008 at 08:21 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-04-2008 08:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
alister

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Contact List Clean up Bug
lol sorry i suck with punctuation i allways have really but now you mension that they may have deleted me from there list but not blocked me.

would explain why its saying they dont have me in there list and i didnt think of that at the time.

other reason i said about weather it can tell if somone has you or not based on there comming online after plus was installed was cos when you install it it says to wait time for it to get correct info so i wasnt sure

but basicly what u said probobly does explain what i asked so thanks for the information
[Image: darkownagel.jpg]

04-04-2008 01:21 PM
PeYonka

I have the exact same problem.

If anoyne can help me it be greatly appreciated!!

It says that Im not on my contacts own contact list, while I constantly talk to them, (they open the chat window first) and I just talked to them 5 min ago. How is this possible??

I read the explanation above but that doesnt make any sense because I talk to these people constantly and it is not like I open the contact chat window first - they do. so if they deleted me how can they still talk to me?

05-14-2008 02:58 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by PeYonka
I have the exact same problem.

If anoyne can help me it be greatly appreciated!!

It says that Im not on my contacts own contact list, while I constantly talk to them, (they open the chat window first) and I just talked to them 5 min ago. How is this possible??

I read the explanation above but that doesnt make any sense because I talk to these people constantly and it is not like I open the contact chat window first - they do. so if they deleted me how can they still talk to me?
Easy, in contact list window's menu, navigate to "Actions>Send an instant message" and type an email address there and press OK.

Those contacts may be learning your online status from another friend of yours and start the conversation with you then. Also, the Messenger's reverse list, which Messenger Plus! Live also relies on, may be corrupted.
05-23-2008 04:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
i3rror

Please explain this,

I have this contact with whom i talk every day (it's actually my girlfriend),  we both have Messenger Plus and I definitely have her in my contact list and she aslo has me - I  logged in to both mine and her MSN account and checked.

But when i logged on to her MSN and opened up the Contact clean up, it showed that I don't have her in my list, that our last chat was 4+ days ago and that I was last online 9+ days ago.

None of that is correct, I talked to her yesterday and every day before that months back and I'm like online all the time. She started using Messenger Plus months ago, so it's not that.

Clean up list is the main reason why I started using Messenger Plus and it's the reason why I deleted many of my contacts... and now it seems it seems I made a huge mistake?
01-31-2010 02:57 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Contact List Clean up Bug
quote:
Originally posted by i3rror
But when i logged on to her MSN and opened up the Contact clean up, it showed that I don't have her in my list, that our last chat was 4+ days ago and that I was last online 9+ days ago.

None of that is correct, I talked to her yesterday and every day before that months back and I'm like online all the time. She started using Messenger Plus months ago, so it's not that.

If you signed in her account on your own computer that is quite normal because Messenger Plus! calculates those information according to its local logs in Windows registry. In other words, Messenger Plus!'s statistics are not roamable through internet at this time. However showing +4 for last chat and +9 for last online is strange. Because the plus sign indicates that Messenger Plus! didn't detect last chat or last online status with in that much days, weeks etc. However, it calculates both of them wrt a unique information in registry, which is created when a new user signs in for the first time. So, unless there is an information for a given contact, Plus! calculates the time passed since first sign in till that moment. So, last chat and last online should have shown the same value, that is why +4 and +9 is quite strange. In my computer, if there is no information for any of my contacts, his/her last online and chat information shows the same thing, +22 months.
quote:
Clean up list is the main reason why I started using Messenger Plus and it's the reason why I deleted many of my contacts... and now it seems it seems I made a huge mistake?

Blame Microsoft. This issue is known for a couple of months but Microsoft doesn't fix it. As CookieRevised said above, Messenger Plus! reads that information from Messenger's own reverse list.
01-31-2010 04:33 PM
i3rror

RE: RE: RE: Contact List Clean up Bug
So, if I tell her to check the same thing on HER computer it should be correct? It will say she is in my list?
...Now it says +5/+10... and we chatted today :S

Blame Microsoft. This issue is known for a couple of months but Microsoft doesn't fix it. As CookieRevised said above, Messenger Plus! reads that information from Messenger's own reverse list.

Is that also related to the way people can check if someone deleted them by right-clicking on the contacts in the Allow list (Privacy options) and seeing if the Delete option is  click-able, on normal WLMs' ?

Because now I logged in to HER msn account again, and in the Allow list when i right click on MYSELF the Delete option is enabled/click-able while I did NOT delete her.

Thanks for the reply.

This post was edited on 02-01-2010 at 04:55 PM by i3rror.
02-01-2010 04:53 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: Contact List Clean up Bug
Last Online and Last Chat statistics depends on Messenger Plus!'s logs on a computer after being installed on that computer.

Has You information depends on reverse list coming from Messenger.

I cannot help more, you must get the idea from what is written on this thread.
02-01-2010 06:08 PM
DyNo

– / Male / Flag
this is happening to me aswell, when i add someone they show up as no, but there the ones who added me in the first place and vise versa. this is just every confusing i just hope they fix it soon 

plus i tested this with my girlfriend on are laptops, and i told her to delete me and i seen her do it, i still had her as yes, so i signed out and signed back in and i still had her has yes. but she didnt re add me to after that, so theres gotta be a bug involved

This post was edited on 02-01-2010 at 10:53 PM by DyNo.
02-01-2010 10:49 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: