What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Hello again everyone ^^

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Hello again everyone ^^
Author: Message:
Fizical

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Hello again everyone ^^
Hey!

How are all the old skinners doing?  I see a few of you are still around and some have come a long way.  I guess some people might still remember me.  Willz, it is good to see you making things outside of Vista skins, i know that has been your love child for some time but some of your other work is looking good ^^

I am glad to see that skinning is still alive and well.  The community seems to be going quite nicely thanks to Plus! so well done to everyone who has kept it alive.

I'm sorry to those who were fans of theunknown's and my work for us leaving the scene and thus leaving you without updates to our skins.  I would certainly be interesting to get involved in skinning again but working without theunknown would be weird and working alone would be.. lonely.. haha.

I wanted to say good job to everyone who has kept skinning going ^^  it is great work by all of you and i'm glad to see the scene hasn't died out over this time i've been out of it (not because of that reason, haha, im not vain).  keep up the good work everyone!

cheers,
Fiz

EDIT:  wow, i really never did visit these forums, 4 posts including this one since 2005?!!

This post was edited on 05-03-2008 at 08:59 AM by Fizical.
05-03-2008 08:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Hello again everyone ^^
Yeah, only 4 posts? I have to agree with you there, you never did visit these forums :P.

Im a newer skinner. Havent made any official ones as of yet. But im getting there! :D

So what has been you and theunknowns skins been? Im not sure if ive seen them.

And yes... i missed you!!!! Even though i didnt know of your exsistance since 3mins ago :D.
[Image: Siggy.png]

http://www.rrelive.com/RRElivev2

If you would like my theme for your phpBB3, please contact me.

Thy shouldnt be judged by thy rep givin to you, but by thy rep that you give.
05-03-2008 12:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Fizical

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Hello again everyone ^^
lol, theunknown and i made skins for 7 + 7.5 they were:

Shiro
Wave 11
Wave 11: Glass

which you can see here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=49...d=563447#pid563447

Messenger : Mac
Messenger : Mac - Milk
Messenger : Mac - Eternal

There were others but i can't remember if we released them or not, haha.  I think out best skins never made it out to the public because at that time there was 8.0 beta after beta so we lost interest in updating again and again.  I'm playing in PS at the moment for a remake of one of our old skins, not sure if i'll get around to making it.  but if i do there would be many variations of it released at that time.

I should add, i didn't post here much because back then there wasn't a lot going on here in the skinning scene.. we mostly posted out released at mess.be and got them on the front page there.  now msgplus is an integral part of skinning.. things have changed.  i don't use windows so i lost touch

This post was edited on 05-03-2008 at 01:31 PM by Fizical.
05-03-2008 01:29 PM
coolzee

35 / Male / Flag
i know you...your a well known old skinner...yea..ive been around msn community for a while..so yea...

glad to hear from you again.

:)
05-03-2008 03:43 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
wow! 4 posts since 2005? o.O

old skinner? nice to meet you! hope you join us, it will be nice if the old skinners come again to release fabulous skins and that stuff. Also... experience brings quality!

see ya
[Image: Empty.png]
05-03-2008 06:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Fizical

– / Male / Flag
good to see you've stuck around since the older days coolzee.  it is nice to be remembered.

I do need to level with you guys.  I'm a mac guy, i don't use windows at all, i don't even use Microsoft Messenger 7 for OS X but i would be willing to install XP on my intel mac to boot into for skinning.  I've been on macs almost exclusively since 2005, back then i was skinning on an old wintel box.  I have no idea about the development of WLM at the moment so im not sure how far off we can expect a new major version etc.  If that is not expected anytime real soon i may make at least one of the skins again.

It would be nice to get back into skinning again but im not sure about the situation with WLM.  there is a version 9 coming isn't there?  has there been any work playing on skinning the betas? is there much different in the code?
05-04-2008 12:35 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fizical
It would be nice to get back into skinning again but im not sure about the situation with WLM.  there is a version 9 coming isn't there?  has there been any work playing on skinning the betas? is there much different in the code?
Well... WLM 9 will take a long time to be ready... and yep, there are skins that work with the betas, alsmot as good as with the 8.5 and 8.1. And, yep... the difference is huge, that's why there are many 8.5 skins, and almost none 9.0 beta skins.
05-04-2008 12:49 AM
Fizical

– / Male / Flag
ok because when i was skinning and 8.0 beta came out.. everyone was using it.  so skinning for 7.5 was kind of a waste of time.. but 8.0 beta kept getting new releases too frequently.  we just got sick of it and real life got in the way..

i have a bit of down time at the moment.. before i return to my new home of Japan.  not sure how much time i will have once i return to Japan but i might be interested in some collaboration if anyone is interested.
05-04-2008 12:54 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
I'd like to see you join with a skinner to release some skins, would be cool :D

Stick around. :)
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
05-04-2008 01:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
Well... if you want some help... I am free to do it!
(But remeber that Brazil and Japan have a little time difference... of... let's see... 12 hours?)
05-04-2008 01:22 AM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: