What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus

Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
[Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus
Author: Message:
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus
quote:
Originally posted by zach
Any purple, red or blue monkeys?

You get it from the usual place. DE.
08-20-2008 08:57 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zach

33 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus
Thanks. I could've always had a look myself but I wanted to mention the monkeys :D

Not a bad skin... Installed MsgPlus for it.

08-20-2008 09:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
A little bug I found is that you somehow made the option panel and the about window smaller and so if someone wants to access the option panel of another skin, he cannot see the OK and the Cancel buttons.

P.S. How did you manage to align the About button with the other two? This is the reason I think it would be better if Option Panels used DialogTemplate. There would be no need to skin Messenger Plus! to get the result you want. I hope Patchou adds this sometime. :)
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
08-20-2008 09:30 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
A little bug I found is that you somehow made the option panel and the about window smaller and so if someone wants to access the option panel of another skin, he cannot see the OK and the Cancel buttons.

P.S. How did you manage to align the About button with the other two? This is the reason I think it would be better if Option Panels used DialogTemplate. There would be no need to skin Messenger Plus! to get the result you want. I hope Patchou adds this sometime. :)

Yeah I am aware of that one. The problem is that the options panel and about windows that we code are loaded into an existing window within Messenger Plus!'s interface files.

So the UI has been restructured to fit in the Phunk'n panel nicely and I gave it a custom header and everything. That is how the about window button was lined up properly, because I actually shifted the window within the parent window. But any other panel won't be able to be seen properly since they are relying on the default Plus! file which has a totally different layout code.

Its a minor set back that you will have to live with. The only remedy is to just apply the skin you want to apply and then apply the options afterwards.

I don't see Patchou changing the way this works either.

This post was edited on 08-20-2008 at 09:42 AM by Willz.
08-20-2008 09:40 AM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
What you did is like you cut off the edges of the existing window so users can only see the parent window?
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
08-20-2008 12:12 PM
Justin

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
#2 The font was picked on the basis of having the largest range of special characters. I went with Arial Rounded which is a system font so I know there is a lot of special characters for it. I could have easily gone with a more rounded, smoother font, but then people would complain that more than half of their contacts names weren't showing.

Most/all my contacts with special characters in there names just show as squares with this skin enabled.
08-20-2008 01:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Justin
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
#2 The font was picked on the basis of having the largest range of special characters. I went with Arial Rounded which is a system font so I know there is a lot of special characters for it. I could have easily gone with a more rounded, smoother font, but then people would complain that more than half of their contacts names weren't showing.

Most/all my contacts with special characters in there names just show as squares with this skin enabled.

Yeah the contact list randomly become squares for some reason, in the chat window the characters all appear fine and yet they use the same font in the contact list.

This post was edited on 08-20-2008 at 01:16 PM by Willz.
08-20-2008 01:16 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
I found one bug that should be fixed as fast as you can... with your skins... MP!L buttons tooltip have disappeared...

and other two that are minor ones in both skins:

1. links text color in information bar don't get colorized... neither in warning windows... see SS:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=922960]

2. check boxes and buttons (accept and cancel one) don't get colorized in warning windows... this can not be seen in screenshot because I was using the default color... but if you select another one you will see that the pink color is still there...

.jpg File Attachment: phunkn_bug.JPG (44.57 KB)
This file has been downloaded 522 time(s).

This post was edited on 08-20-2008 at 04:57 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
08-20-2008 04:33 PM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus
limitations of windows live messenger.

Colorization does not apply to 926, 934, 935, 942, 945 and 946. So its nothing I can fix since wlm will ignore all colorization in those windows.

The text thing is another limitation.

The appear offline text is not controlled via uifiles but rather html text which has its own formatting rules so any colors you put in are ignored. The same goes for certain message boxes.

So yeah they're not really bugs, they're actually just wlm not wanting to use what I set.

This post was edited on 08-21-2008 at 12:28 AM by Willz.
08-21-2008 12:22 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
very nice skin, a skin i might actually use

a "bug": when dps are disabled in the contact list, their space is still "reserved", not allowing nickname text to surround the complete window.

a suggestion: add option to see your own dp in contact list, allow contact list toolbar to be moved to the right, add that sexy dropdown thing in convo windows to contact list toolbars :P

This post was edited on 08-21-2008 at 02:04 AM by Voldemort.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
08-21-2008 02:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: