What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
[Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname
Author: Message:
Gerardo

O.P. [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname
I always like having an image that goes with with my personal message, and vice versa.

I downloaded a script for automatically changing my PM and another for changing my image. I tried to synchronize them both, so the images and messages made sense together, but it was imposible to make them work at exactly the same time.

¿Could you please create a script for automatically and simultaneously changing PM and Image, and if you want, also Nickname?

Thank you :)
08-22-2008 09:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname
Indeed, it's impossible

This post was edited on 08-23-2008 at 09:49 AM by SmokingCookie.
08-23-2008 09:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname
quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Indeed, it's impossible

How is it impossible? It's very easy to be honest (as long as by nickname he means the Display Name
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-23-2008 10:35 AM
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
That makes the difference.. If he'd mean the name seen by contacts in Windows Live (Hot)mail, it'd be impossible.
08-23-2008 10:37 AM
Gerardo

O.P. RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname
Yes, I must confess I don't know the difference between nickname and display name :$... I use Live Messenger in spanish, so everything has a different name. I thought it was the nickname cause I found a script called Nickchanger :P

But anyway, I'm particularly interested in just changing the PM and Image simultaneously, I just suggested also the display name thinking that there could be someone else also interested in changing their name besides the PM and image.

So can you help me :)?
08-23-2008 04:35 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
That makes the difference.. If he'd mean the name seen by contacts in Windows Live (Hot)mail, it'd be impossible.

...why would you think he meant that?
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-23-2008 04:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
Okay, now I'd like you to describe in full detail what you actually want the script to do, E.g. do you want it all to go automatically, or do you want to use an interface window to set a new display name?

I think I should be able to do it ;) (not sure of course :P )
08-23-2008 06:45 PM
Gerardo

O.P. RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname

...sorry, but I don't get the difference between your two examples :S.
08-23-2008 07:41 PM
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
The first one, is to update stuff every X minutes/seconds (or whatever), the second example is to make a full-featured script with a set of windows that allow you to configure stuff yourself (including Name & DP update intervals).

EDIT::

Can you think of a good name as well? :P (I can't :P )

This post was edited on 08-23-2008 at 07:58 PM by SmokingCookie.
08-23-2008 07:44 PM
Gerardo

It would be excellent if it had it's own window, where me or whomever could coordinate the list of PMs with the list of images, and the list of display names; and also set the amount of seconds in each set of name/image/PM.

I ain't good with names, but I guess it should be something like
"AutoDN-DP-PM", referring to Display Name, Display Picture and Personal Message.

What do you think :P?
08-23-2008 10:19 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: