What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » This will convince you?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
This will convince you?
Author: Message:
Le@ndro

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. This will convince you?
I know you are tired of threads like this. But read all, please.

In the Microsoft Adversingment site says that are 37 milions of Windows Live Messenger users in Brasil( http://advertising.microsoft.com/brasil/windows-l...ndowsLiveMessenger ). This is 3,36 times the population of Portugal. But you can say: and the others contry? In the Wikipedia say there are 215 milions of native portuguese speaks( http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingua_portuguesa ). If we deduct the population of Brazil(190 milions), rest 25 milions of peoples.

So, the number of Windows Live Messenger users in Brazil is more than the portuguese speakers outside Brazil.

Do I convice you?
08-25-2008 11:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: This will convince you?
What's your point?
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
08-26-2008 12:01 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Uhm, so what are you trying to say?

Isn't the official language for both Brazil and Portugal Portuguese, and already included in the current Plus! setup?

This post was edited on 08-26-2008 at 12:04 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-26-2008 12:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
probably this:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=83500
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
08-26-2008 12:03 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Oh i see. Well yeah, maybe it should be considered.

Microsoft has different translation variations for only 2 languages: Chinese and Portuguese. Plus! has variations for Chinese, but not for Portuguese. He has a point.

I understand some of the Plus! translations were merged, and the probably should be in most variations. But, if Microsoft makes an exception for Portuguese, Plus! should at least consider it too.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-26-2008 12:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Le@ndro

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: This will convince you?
It's this MenthiX.

And have more: There are a brazilian version of MSN since 1999, the portuguese version started last year. Google has 2 offices in Brazil, 0 in Portugal. Yahoo! has a office in Brazil and don't have a portuguese site, only brazilian. When Napolećo decide invade Portugal, the royal family of Portugal came to Brazil, 100 years ago.

I want to show you the importance of Brazil actually. We aren't a underdeveloped contry anymore, we are going to be a world potence, probably the second biggest potence.

In Brazil, the people download Live Messenger and after download Plus! It's difficult see a   computer with Live Messenger but without Plus! Yesterday I search for those informations and did this post, showing the importance of Brazil in the language.

If Microsoft did the exception, why Patchou cant't do. Please Patchou!

ps.: What was the defalt homepage of Internet Explore in Portugal before the MSM Portugal?
08-26-2008 02:52 PM
davidm_silva

Yeah, I know my english is terrible.

– / Male / Flag
The default homepage in IE was MSN.com. Since IE7, the default page is pt.msn.com.
Best regards,
davidm_silva
08-27-2008 12:05 AM
Le@ndro

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: This will convince you?
Thanks davidm_silva.
08-27-2008 12:55 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: This will convince you?
quote:
Originally posted by Le@ndro
And have more: There are a brazilian version of MSN since 1999, the portuguese version started last year. Google has 2 offices in Brazil, 0 in Portugal. Yahoo! has a office in Brazil and don't have a portuguese site, only brazilian. When Napolećo decide invade Portugal, the royal family of Portugal came to Brazil, 100 years ago.

I want to show you the importance of Brazil actually. We aren't a underdeveloped contry anymore, we are going to be a world potence, probably the second biggest potence.
All this has got nothing, absolutely nothing, todo with the issue here.

What on earth has the history of the royal family of Portugal todo with all this? Who cares where Google has offices. And if you're an underdeveloped or overdeveloped country doesn't matter one single bit.

So please, please, please! leave those kind of arguments out of this 234657432th discussion about this as they are completely irrelevant.

This post was edited on 08-27-2008 at 03:18 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-27-2008 03:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
yeah, I agree with Cookie.

Can a person who lives in Brazil understand and text written in portuguese by a person living in Portugal? And can a portuguese person understand a brazilian one? Yes, of course they can, because they speak the same language: portuguese. So there's no point in including another translation for protuguese.

(the same reasoning can be aplied to spanish: that's why we have just one spanish translation, which is valid for Spain and for all the South-american countries with spanish tongue: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay, etc., etc., etc....)
Messenger Plus! en espańol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
08-27-2008 03:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites