What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live

Pages: (40): « First « 13 14 15 16 [ 17 ] 18 19 20 21 » Last »
3 votes - 3.67 average   Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
Author: Message:
froznb

41 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:
Originally posted by Cianloves
Waheyy it worked.

Nope you didn't offend me :]
Some other people I've read seemed rude.. but you haven't been to me..
Which is good.. cse I'm not an idiot :P

I'm glad to read that. Thanks a lot man!
[Image: FzB.png]
Leave tomorrow, for tomorrow, write your story, one step at a time!
01-09-2009 12:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Cianloves

31 / Female / Flag
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
Haha you're welcome I think :P
And thanks for all your help :]]
01-09-2009 12:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
nice to see a new venezuelan guy here... and he actually has showed us that he perhaps manage the WLM concepts very well... maybe we have just met a new very good help for the community... WELCOME ABOARD!!! BIENVENIDO MI PANA!!!
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
01-09-2009 12:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
froznb

41 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
nice to see a new venezuelan guy here... and he actually has showed us that he perhaps manage the WLM concepts very well... maybe we have just met a new very good help for the community... WELCOME ABOARD!!! BIENVENIDO MI PANA!!!

:$ Haha! Thanks a lot bro! / Muchísimas gracias hermano!

And yes, I'm here to help as much as I can :D
01-09-2009 12:44 AM
szucsitg

36 / Male / Flag
i understand that the change was important, but rc1 doesn't really work seamlessly.

i use windows 7 beta 1.
for first, the messenger's icon disappeared from my taskbar, but displayed my status. some pin-unpin cycle, and finally it appeared correctly. than, i want to change my status, from the taskbar, it's very slow, and cause i haven't seen any changes, i clicked many times. it use new process to change the status, so my computer slowed down, from the approx 40 running exes. and i only can laugh at the 'installing direct3d 9' part of the installer. congratulations, wlm developers.
01-09-2009 01:24 AM
froznb

41 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by szucsitg
i understand that the change was important, but rc1 doesn't really work seamlessly.

i use windows 7 beta 1.
for first, the messenger's icon disappeared from my taskbar, but displayed my status. some pin-unpin cycle, and finally it appeared correctly. than, i want to change my status, from the taskbar, it's very slow, and cause i haven't seen any changes, i clicked many times. it use new process to change the status, so my computer slowed down, from the approx 40 running exes. and i only can laugh at the 'installing direct3d 9' part of the installer. congratulations, wlm developers.

My greetings szucsitg. Yes, you're right, the experience of WLM 9 with Windows 7 may be very frustrating sometimes. I have the latest release of that OS which by the way will be downloadable for the public in a matter of hours from their site. But that is a matter related to some buggy deals between Windows 7 and WLM. That's what I was told from W7 ppl at least. But you can still download the WLM 8.5 installer the boys posted a few lines up. It works great with both Windows 7 and Messenger Plus! Cheers :D!
01-09-2009 01:41 AM
szucsitg

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by froznb
My greetings szucsitg. Yes, you're right, the experience of WLM 9 with Windows 7 may be very frustrating sometimes. I have the latest release of that OS which by the way will be downloadable for the public in a matter of hours from their site. But that is a matter related to some buggy deals between Windows 7 and WLM. That's what I was told from W7 ppl at least. But you can still download the WLM 8.5 installer the boys posted a few lines up. It works great with both Windows 7 and Messenger Plus! Cheers :D!

i'm using build 7000, i think that's the latest. yes, i can change back to 8.5, but i like the new design, functions of wlm2009. so i stay, and hope for the best. the only reason i write my post, that even if they're tested the rc1 under win7, because it's integrated in the taskbar, they somehow 'forget' to test it carefully. and beside, they force you to use this s**t.
01-09-2009 02:11 AM
froznb

41 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:
Originally posted by szucsitg
quote:
Originally posted by froznb

i'm using build 7000, i think that's the latest. yes, i can change back to 8.5, but i like the new design, functions of wlm2009. so i stay, and hope for the best. the only reason i write my post, that even if they're tested the rc1 under win7, because it's integrated in the taskbar, they somehow 'forget' to test it carefully. and beside, they force you to use this s**t.

What you say is true! I can't defend W7 and WLW teams on that. They are even promoting in the windows 7 site to work with windows live wave for the best experience. Seems like they rushed a little. But WLM 2009 really rocks, that's true too. So I guess we are together in hoping for the best. Guys here at Plus! are working, guys at Windows team are too, and so WLW. Let's wait and see what happens :)! I invite you to get your hands on the public release Microsoft is making in a matter of hours, so we can share opinions about this wlw3/w7 experience (Y)!
01-09-2009 02:30 AM
KFrohman

An edit to post 2/3,
you can't roll back anymore. At least, you can, but you wont be able to sign in [MS is forcing an update now]. I can't comment if this the case for 8.5 users either.
I just hope this gears P to work a bit harder.

This post was edited on 01-09-2009 at 02:54 AM by KFrohman.
01-09-2009 02:53 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by KFrohman
An edit to post 2/3,
you can't roll back anymore. At least, you can, but you wont be able to sign in [MS is forcing an update now].
I just hope this gears P to work a bit harder.

I have both 8.5 and 9 set up and 8.5 still works like a charm. If MS was really forcing an update it would have a message appear that says "there is a newer version of Windows Live Messenger available click here to learn more", like with previous forced updates.

Most of my contacts still have 8.5 with no issues.

This post was edited on 01-09-2009 at 02:56 AM by Willz.
01-09-2009 02:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (40): « First « 13 14 15 16 [ 17 ] 18 19 20 21 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: