What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live

Pages: (40): « First « 14 15 16 17 [ 18 ] 19 20 21 22 » Last »
3 votes - 3.67 average   Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
Author: Message:
froznb

41 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:
Originally posted by KFrohman
An edit to post 2/3,
you can't roll back anymore. At least, you can, but you wont be able to sign in [MS is forcing an update now].
I just hope this gears P to work a bit harder.

I have both 8.5 and 9 set up and 8.5 still works like a charm. If MS was really forcing an update it would have a message appear that says "there is a newer version of Windows Live Messenger available click here to learn more", like with previous forced updates.

Most of my contacts still have 8.5 with no issues.

Yeah will is right. Did you try the .msi to install WLM 8.5?
[Image: FzB.png]
Leave tomorrow, for tomorrow, write your story, one step at a time!
01-09-2009 03:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Anthony Kinson

RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
i was forced to update today, from the 1st public beta to the newest version (version 2009 build: 14.0.8050.1202)

everytime i tried to sign in it told me i had to update, otherwise it wouldnt let me sign in. if clicked to cancell or decline the update i wud simply be returned to the login screen.

i guess this now means we have to wait for the next release of live plus.

also i think the update is forced at diff times for diff regions, makes sense really to keep the loads to a minimum on the servers rather than millions of people updating at once.
01-09-2009 04:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
Anthony that's way normal... because we are now out of beta stages... but that is a forced update... no an forced upgrade... the one will happen if you are using a final version, for example 8.5 and they force you to upgrade to for example 2009/9/14...

they make this kind of forced updated to avoid people from using buggy programs (old betas), what's not telling you that the one you are using is not buggy but SHOULD BE less buggy :P

This post was edited on 01-09-2009 at 04:39 AM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
01-09-2009 04:37 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lykos1865

33 / Male / Flag
Does anybody here (remember vera lynn :P ) know any way to keep using the 908 version? Some hack, some patch, to make WLM seem like 1202?
We believed we'd catch the Rainbow... But life's not a wheel, with chains made of steel... So bless me! Come the dawn...
--
I've been mistreated.. I've been abused... I've been struck downhearted... Since my baby left me, I've been losing my mind...
--
When I'd take your hand and sing you songs.. Then maybe you'd say "come lay with me and love me"... And I would surely stay…
01-09-2009 04:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
XVI32 + msnmsgr.exe + version hack = working version of WLM Beta 14.0.5027.908
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
01-09-2009 05:01 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:
Originally posted by Spot
I am just wondering when there will be a possibility for the tabbed chats to be fixed?

I'm sure everyone knows that the taskbar window pane doesn't flash under tabbed chats.
Press alt and problem is fixed.
01-09-2009 06:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mufaa

RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
quote:
I am just wondering when there will be a possibility for the tabbed chats to be fixed?

I'm sure everyone knows that the taskbar window pane doesn't flash under tabbed chats.

Press alt? Press alt and what? Tell me!
01-09-2009 06:38 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:
Originally posted by mufaa
quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
quote:

Press alt? Press alt and what? Tell me!

Pressing Alt will do nothing for this problem, it is caused due to Messenger Plus! Live's current incompatibility with the new release of Windows Live Messenger

Patchou has just released a beta version to all testers and expects to have a public release online in around two weeks (could be before, could be after).
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5220 days, 3 hours, 2 minutes, 7 seconds ago
01-09-2009 06:53 AM
Anthony Kinson

RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Anthony that's way normal... because we are now out of beta stages... but that is a forced update... no an forced upgrade... the one will happen if you are using a final version, for example 8.5 and they force you to upgrade to for example 2009/9/14...

they make this kind of forced updated to avoid people from using buggy programs (old betas), what's not telling you that the one you are using is not buggy but SHOULD BE less buggy :P

yeah i said update, all i know is on my laptop i was using the windows live wave 3 betas, the first public ones (messenger, writer & mail)

i then started getting messages when i logged in saying new version available, so i updated on my pc, noticed that live plus didnt work with it and kept the wave 3 beta's on my laptop.

it used to just inform me on the laptop an update was available, today however it wouldnt let me login untill i updated.

i only really use live plus for the fancy coloured names, most of my contacts use it, and when its not working as in the latest update of WLM my contact list just look slike a load of gibberish lol

just been using the search bar to find contacts atm tho.
01-09-2009 07:39 AM
karliitos

>> Graphic Designer <<

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

Patchou has just released a beta version to all testers and expects to have a public release online in around two weeks (could be before, could be after).

Wow, thanks for the info, I was desperate to know this ;)(Y)
01-09-2009 07:44 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (40): « First « 14 15 16 17 [ 18 ] 19 20 21 22 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: