What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert
Author: Message:
Ju4nCh0

ThE CuTe OnE =D

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert
Well, I've just updated to Windows Live Messenger 2009, and installed the latest MsgPlus (Build 353), it's all working pretty much as I expected, all good except for 2 little things...

The first one is the conversation logs... it's not saving them, I thought could be a compatibility problem or encryption issue... so I backed up my conversations in another folder, and it's not creating the new logs... If you check the empty folder while chatting with a friend, you'll see the log file there... but as soon as you close it, it goes away... Permission issue... not likely, it's all the same as it was before (with the old version) and it used to work.

The other issue, i have the conversation windows tabbed, but i'm not getting the "flashing" every time i get a new message, the only way of knowing is from the sound, and if you've got music on, just can't notice =P

However, it's just minor, the only big concern is about the Log... is there any work-around??

Thanks for your time.

=D
I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.

-=[ JuAnChO ]=-
01-12-2009 07:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert
quote:
Originally posted by Ju4nCh0
Well, I've just updated to Windows Live Messenger 2009, and installed the latest MsgPlus (Build 353), it's all working pretty much as I expected, all good except for 2 little things...

The first one is the conversation logs... it's not saving them, I thought could be a compatibility problem or encryption issue... so I backed up my conversations in another folder, and it's not creating the new logs... If you check the empty folder while chatting with a friend, you'll see the log file there... but as soon as you close it, it goes away... Permission issue... not likely, it's all the same as it was before (with the old version) and it used to work.

The other issue, i have the conversation windows tabbed, but i'm not getting the "flashing" every time i get a new message, the only way of knowing is from the sound, and if you've got music on, just can't notice =P

However, it's just minor, the only big concern is about the Log... is there any work-around??

Thanks for your time.

=D
Well, Do u use Messenger Discovery add-on?
01-12-2009 09:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ju4nCh0

ThE CuTe OnE =D

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert
Nope, would that help?
I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.

-=[ JuAnChO ]=-
01-12-2009 09:48 AM
Moh

– / Male / Flag
No, this is weird. Mostly add-ons are those who cause some problems with Plus!

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=77116 Have a look there, might help.
01-12-2009 10:01 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Moh Zayadi: Messenger Discovery isn't compatible with the latest WLM 2009, neither are any other add-ons I know of, apart from Plus!

Ju4nCh0, are your settings the same as this?

[Image: 96709936688444191612.jpg]
Click to enlarge

Is encryption turned off?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-12-2009 10:24 AM
Ju4nCh0

ThE CuTe OnE =D

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert
Hey, thanks for the help... I've found out something... I never tried using my XP computer... so I installed it right now... it is saving logs, ecripted and not encripted, however it's not flashing on new messages... maybe some compatibility issues with the OS, or even a temporary failure...

Anyway, I'll just wait for the original release, thanks a lot ;)

-=[ JuAnChO ]=-
01-12-2009 07:32 PM
yuping

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ju4nCh0

Thanks for your time.

=D

I encountered the same issue, WLM doesn't flashing on new message, it's really bother me, and my WLM cannot save chat logs too.
01-14-2009 08:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ju4nCh0

ThE CuTe OnE =D

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert
quote:
Originally posted by yuping
I encountered the same issue, WLM doesn't flashing on new message, it's really bother me, and my WLM cannot save chat logs too.

It can be annoying, but as I said before, it's only happenning wiht Windows Vista... I'm not having this issue with Windows XP.

-=[ JuAnChO ]=-
01-14-2009 05:42 PM
Link_of_Hyrule

I'm on Windows 7 (which is built on top of vista) and it works perfectly with out problems.

This post was edited on 01-14-2009 at 07:14 PM by Link_of_Hyrule.
01-14-2009 07:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Link_of_Hyrule

I'm on Windows Vista... and as perfectly as it should...
[Image: Empty.png]
01-14-2009 08:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: