What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Charged to download new messenger

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Charged to download new messenger
Author: Message:
limeares

WLM 2009 & Facebook lover..

– / Male / Flag
RE: Charged to download new messenger
quote:
Originally posted by joey
this is what you get when you blindly click on "Agree to T&C" without actually reading it.

there is a program somewhere that scans T&C's that pc pro gave away free on a cd, but i can't remember the name of it. anyone?

That program its called EULAlyzer. Pretty good!

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/eulalyzer.html

This post was edited on 01-20-2009 at 08:49 PM by limeares.
[Image: msgplusliveb4681bk1.gif][Image: msgdiscovery_468b.gif]
01-20-2009 08:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cfmiT

Undecided  RE: Charged to download new messenger
Hi all, just joined tonight. I fell for this SCAM didn't read the T&C at the end of the download I was told to text CD to 78881 did that then a little later came back this crap..

Text1 :SMS 1/3 Price per SMS: 3 Pounds. Total cost 9 Pounds. 15:45 25/1

Text2 :SMS2/3 You will get a last mesage with your code         15:55 25/01

Text3 :SMS 3/3 Your code is TDMZ** Total price 9 Pounds.       15:56 25/01

I was on route to getting stuffed like the proverbial 'Lamb to the slaughter'

:(

Any way I figured out that if I communicated with these scumbags through their support I maight get my money refunded - pigs might fly (N)

So I went to the site and filled in a "I want to STOP" and left it at that, until I went  back again and was able to navigate sufficiently well to leave them a simple message by choosing "<Contact reason> 'other" whereupon a small expandable dialogue field appear for you to express you thoughts or whatever. 

I left it at that for the day really miffed [I only wish I could express my digust in much stronger vocab] off that I had been conned out of £9.

This morning up bright and early rand O2 my PAYG provider who where really fantastic.

The O2 Support told me to send the following info text and ring the following phone number He said:

Text: STOP ALL (capitals) to 89178

RING: 0871 9180999

Did all that rang the number = engaged -what did I expect Duh!

Rang again later UNOBTAINABLE !!! Alarm bells started to ring so I rang Customer Services again and a real GENTLEMAN said what I will do is I will refund all of your loss to this company - I thought WOW my faith in my telco provider just went through the roof.. Well chuffed was I.:D

I would like to say in conclusion WELL DONE O2 and I hope this help some other victim of these 'hijos de puta madres' - Ladrones from, I think, some far off Spanish speaking land god knows where on this planet

httpupport.sorpresor.com/Soletto/Nueva.aspx://s
Nueva = New

This is what was hidden behind the T&C which most of us skip ;)

http://www.winrar-full.net/uk/legal.php

USAGE CONDITIONS

WARNING: ACCESS TO THE PREMIUM SERVICE SHALL REQUIRE SENDING THREE SMS PER DOWNLOAD. THE PRICE OF EACH SMS IS THREE POUNDS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
Before using the Premium services offered by Soletto Group, S.A.
(hereinafter the "Company") through the website (hereinafter the "Website") shall carefully read these Usage Conditions. If these are not acceptable, do not access the Premium Services of Soletto Group, S.A. and immediately close this page, as the request or download of software imply the acceptance of these Usage Conditions.

PS The correct address for WinRAR is www.rarlab.com

and as a final note it looks as though I picked up a Google link on the page after Googling winrar

Free WinRAR
Download New Version Get the free WinRAR
www.winrar-full.net/uk

BE AWARE! BE VERY AWARE EVERYONE :((N)(N)(N)(N)(N)(N)

This post was edited on 01-27-2009 at 01:44 PM by cfmiT.
01-26-2009 10:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: