What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"

Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
Author: Message:
xtremescy

O.P. RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
ya =(

can anyone save us on this issue???
12-15-2009 02:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CatherineJ

RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
Hi Guys, i'm having the same issue.

Most of my contacts are showing as "Has You".  However there are few that are showing as No, when I know very well that they do.

In my case it could be that it hasn't synchronised as i've only just recently downloaded.

This post was edited on 12-15-2009 at 03:52 PM by CatherineJ.
12-15-2009 03:52 PM
Benji

every player gets a prize

36 / Male / Flag
I think we should contact Windows Live people.. the more people contact them, the better chance they'll start working to resolve the issue. I'm not sure what their support e-mail is though..
~standing in the way of control
12-16-2009 03:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Benji
I'm not sure what their support e-mail is thoug
http://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=w...-9856-dad3336c27aa
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-16-2009 11:08 AM
aznmachine

i did contact them and they told me basically to reinstall everything msn related from scratch which didnt work.
12-16-2009 08:36 PM
bloodelves88

32 / Male / Flag
I made another Hotmail account just to see what was going on. Lets call both of my accounts A and B.

Account A added account B: From the perspective of A, A is not on B's contact list, even though B did accept the addition. However, from B's perspective, A is on B's contact list.

This means that xtremescy's idea of:
I add them; "You are not in this contact's list"
They add me; "You are in this contact's list"
is perfectly fine.

I did this on two different accounts, on the same computer, with the same MSN Live Messenger.

If this additional info would help at all, I have not tampered with Messenger at all (other than MSN Plus). My privacy settings for account A has "only people on my allow list can see my status" disabled, while account B has it enabled. I got a new hard disk 2 months ago, so my version of Messenger is also a clean install.

I find it weird though. If all this is really normal behaviour according to CookieRevised, why is it that this only started recently, and I had no such problems for the past few years? Its definitely not a problem with me alone, since a lot of other people are complaining now.

This post was edited on 12-18-2009 at 04:32 PM by bloodelves88.
12-18-2009 04:18 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
bloodelves88, what you just described is indeed perfect normal behaviour though and it has always been like that.
Althoug A can _not_ be sure if he is on B's contact list because that depends on B's settings which A can not see.

What you need to remember is that the contact list is not the same list as the allow list.

Also, when you get a request to be added when someone adds you, it does not automatically mean that that contact will also be added to your own contact list. However, the contact will be added to your allow list depending on your Messenger settings like (but not limited to!) "only people on my allow list...".

quote:
Originally posted by bloodelves88
If this additional info would help at all
yes it will... that is in fact absolutely essential vital info. Also note that there are more things you should know like other settings (block lists, "show cconfirmation when someone adds me" setting), when the server has been synced, etc... Without it, you can not interpret the results correctly, you can only assume things...

Also, in my previous posts I said "It can be normal behaviour". Meaning 9 times out of 10 it is normal behaviour and the problem is in misinterpreting the results and/or not understanding how these lists exactly work. In the other case it is a fault in the syncronization between contacts and you should contact Windows Live Support.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-18-2009 06:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bloodelves88

32 / Male / Flag
So the 9 people I've recently added will be seen to me as "I am not on their contact list" forever? Ugh.

"show confirmation when someone adds me" is enabled for me by the way. My block list has 1 person only.

Funny, I just logged in to account B (the one who accepted the addition), and it says account A does not have B on the contact list. It wasn't like that at the very beginning.

This post was edited on 12-19-2009 at 03:23 AM by bloodelves88.
12-19-2009 03:07 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by bloodelves88
So the 9 people I've recently added will be seen to me as "I am not on their contact list" forever? Ugh.
No, not necessarily. That depends on all the settings and if they have accepted you or not.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-19-2009 06:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bloodelves88

32 / Male / Flag
So it might change to "I am on their contact list" if they decide to fiddle with their settings? I think I'll fiddle with both my accounts to see when it'll change.

This post was edited on 12-19-2009 at 10:12 AM by bloodelves88.
12-19-2009 10:11 AM
Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: