What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"

Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
Yup.

Although, I'm not sure if it would change if they alter their settings _after_ they have accepted the invitation. Logically it should, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-19-2009 10:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bloodelves88

32 / Male / Flag
Ok thanks a lot. I've learnt a lot as well.

So I guess it will change if we remove each other, then set the correct settings (which I have no idea what it is), then add each other again? There's going to be some sort of synchronization time as well isn't there? The server won't update the lists immediately.

This post was edited on 12-19-2009 at 05:12 PM by bloodelves88.
12-19-2009 05:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
it think it should, yes.

But, removing eachother again is another (confusing) matter. You can not simple remove a contact just like that. The first step is the easy one: remove eachother from the contact list. And when Messenger asks to also remove the contact from the Hotmail/Windows Live Mail list answer yes.

But then comes the confusing part. You also need to remove eachother from the Allow list. And that can only be done if the other has removed you first! Removing a contact from the Allow list can be done by right clicking on the contact and choosing "delete" in the Allow list. You will notice that the "delete" item will be grayed out at the beginning. That means you can not remove the contact and you must wait until the contact has removed you first.

Only when you aren't in eachothers Contact list, Allow list, Reverse list, Block list and Hotmail list, you are properly removed.

And with each of those steps the servers do indeed require to be syncronized first, which in theory can take up to 48 hours. But in practice I have noticed it sometimes takes even longer.
n the Reverse List view.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-19-2009 07:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
xtremescy

O.P. RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
in my case, i called my friend. and they all said that they have me in 'allowed list' and privacy etc.

EVERYTHING is allow, privacy, unblocked, in list. EVERYTHING

this incident just happened afew months back then, last time it was not lik that
12-20-2009 05:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bloodelves88

32 / Male / Flag
Actually, those who I see as "I am not on their contact list" can be deleted from the allow list without them removing me first. Using my two accounts, I am sure that we have each other on both contact and allow lists, but I can still delete them from the allow list.
12-20-2009 07:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
xtremescy

O.P. RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
quote:
Originally posted by Benji
I think we should contact Windows Live people.. the more people contact them, the better chance they'll start working to resolve the issue. I'm not sure what their support e-mail is though..

How can we do upon this then?
12-27-2009 05:49 AM
Johan1980

Dodgy  RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
I am also facing this problem. Couple of days ago I deleted someone (block and delete) and added this person couple of days later again but didn't appear on the reverse list. And the day before I deleted him, I could still find him in the reverse list.

And 1 other person I didnt delete, suddenly dissapeared from the reverse list couple of days ago without having me deleted.(normally you would think you are blocked and deleted) It's annoying cause you could suspect and accuse people they have deleted you while it's not true:@
12-29-2009 08:54 AM
anonim

Shocked  RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
hi,

i have exactly the same problem,and all this  has start 2 months ago..is very annoying and the problem must be fixed...
too many ppl have the same problem who means that is an technique problem of Messenger Plus...
Any of you did found anything to fix this?

and btw i get e-mail from friends who ask me why i deleted them from msn..and i didn't... :|

i really hope that someone who is in this can see this problem and to do something to fix it...

regards...
12-29-2009 03:08 PM
Johan1980

RE: RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
quote:
Originally posted by anonim
hi,

i have exactly the same problem,and all this  has start 2 months ago..is very annoying and the problem must be fixed...
too many ppl have the same problem who means that is an technique problem of Messenger Plus...
Any of you did found anything to fix this?

and btw i get e-mail from friends who ask me why i deleted them from msn..and i didn't... :|

i really hope that someone who is in this can see this problem and to do something to fix it...

regards...

It just really sucks! And the thing is, WE are aware of this but a lot of other msn users aren't. They just think you deleted them or whatever and could cause a little irritation. I never experienced this problem either since this shitty new msn version came. I really HATE it. Besides that you can not even adjust your webcam anymore. (colours).(N) Just hoping that they will fix this all soon with the new version of msn. Wonder when the new version is coming.......
12-29-2009 03:47 PM
anonim

Huh?  RE: Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
exactly... all this trouble with the new version... and to not forget to mention..every 10=15 min i get error... and throw me out...
if i could to keep the old version..then was everything ok...

i doubt if someone "out there" really cares...or..maybe...? :S
12-29-2009 03:56 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: