What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » privacy tab- delete button / who added you

privacy tab- delete button / who added you
Author: Message:
Cataclism

O.P. privacy tab- delete button / who added you
NOTE: I'm not refering to online msn status checkers, I know perfectly well that those are scams.
Now:

Does the "privacy tab- delete button" method of knowing if someone blocked you really work?

I'm referring to the method I see a lot on the Internet to check if someone blocked you.
You probably know the one:
-Go to options
-Privacy
-Right click on contact. If they have blocked you, the delete option will be clickable. If not, it will be grayed out.

I believe MSN Discovery works the same way (Checks the same data).

NOTE: I found something weird. Sometimes discovery would tell me, through a message on the conversation window, that someone had blocked me, (it said delete actually). But sometimes, that person would talk to me right after! Like 2 seconds later on one occasion lol.

ALSO: That very same friend also made another interesting find: He made an experiment. He asked his girlfriend to block him and then unblock him. Turns out, that ever since then, his girlfriend has been appearing as if she had deleted him.
In other words, if someone blocks you as a joke or as an accident, even for like 1 second, it will appear as if they are still blocking you... forever... :/

My question is if this method does actually work. If it's fool proof.

Also, what do you think about the "see contacts who have you in their contact list" function, also in the privacy tab?

I'm asking this because I was checking that tab and found out that some contacts had "blocked" me (if you can say that).
However, I found this strange. I don't annoy them at all. The last conversation with one of them, she started the conversation, I ended it, and in the middle, when I stopped writhing, she would be the one to say something (a friend).
Basicly I found this really weird because I feel like I did nothing to cause them to block me at all :S
01-30-2010 05:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: privacy tab- delete button / who added you
The availability of the delete button is dependent on if the contact currently has you in their contact list, not for blocking status. If you are in the contact's list, the delete option will be unavailable.

Also, this may interest you as it pertains to the same subject:
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Please read any of those

Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
Reverse list
BIG GLITCH IN CONTACT LIST CLEAN-UP
Cant see who has deleted from their list?
Contact List Cleaner
Contact list Clean-up problem
Clean up Concact
Contact List CLEAN UP WTF?
Does "Contact list clean up" really work/show right information?

To name a few :)

This post was edited on 01-31-2010 at 04:59 AM by MeEtc.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
01-31-2010 04:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: