What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
I didn't see these posts but:

davidm_silva: You are possibly along the right lines, but the official client always connects to the same gateway server and and ports. It is this server that determines the protocol to use based on the client version so I doubt that is the problem.

James Potter: Sounds more plausible, but the patch must rewrite two bytes within one of the WLM files (most likely msmsgr.exe). This would be removed upon uninstallation and fixed with a re-install so I don't see how it could be that either.

It is probably more likely to be a security measure for the testers so that non-testers lose functionality for a while (the WLM team could then track bug reports relating to this).

I still have to test this out so I'll give it a whirl later in a VM seeing as I'm running Ubuntu now =/
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-07-2010 10:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spazy

O.P. RE: RE: WLM 2010 - 15.2.. very buggy, cant receive files, video chat doesnt work
quote:
Originally posted by sq1
Today my options are back, i can receive files, nudges and winks again!!!! weee :P

dude awesome.. what did you do? :O did it just suddenly start working again? :O
ah yes, happy days... it works for me too.. i can receive files again.. havnt tested video chat yet.. hope that works too...

awesome :D
04-08-2010 06:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: