What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Offensive sound

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Offensive sound
Author: Message:
richsmith

O.P. Offensive sound
Hello,
       I find one of the sounds in msgplus offensive and blaspheamous, it is the oh my god sound, as a Christian i find this sound offensive and i dont like the word even being there let alone the sound. I am not the only one that finds this sound offensive many others do too. Please could this sound be removed. If you also find this sound offensive please post below.
thank you
Godbless
Richard
04-29-2003 08:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Offensive sound
Well, this forum isnt a place to start a petition. However I accept your views. Although they is the argument that if you complain about plus, you should complain also about everything else that uses that term. For example, the person who recoreded it. :undecided:
04-29-2003 09:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
If you find it offensive, don't use it and ask you contacts not to as well, or disable the Plus! sounds. You can't enforce your beliefs on others, that's why they say that term every second minute on TV. And frankly I can't see how it can be offensive.
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
04-29-2003 09:37 PM
DXtremz
Elite Member

DeeEcks

38 / Male / Flag
Plus! is free, you dont like something on it, dont use it...Its quite simple actually...I believe in God, and find it offensive when someone uses the Lords name in vain, however, you must realize that just because you dont like it, that no one else wants to use it. I dont use it, but others do. Its just like TV, if you dont like a show, you dont complain about it, because you know that no one is going to change it, instead, you just turn the show off. Simple. You dont like it, you dont use it.
04-29-2003 09:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chode

– / Male / –
In my opinion they should have added an 11th commandmant to the bible called "Keep thy religion to thyself"
04-29-2003 09:44 PM
DXtremz
Elite Member

DeeEcks

38 / Male / Flag
Now, you must be an athiest (lets not get into religious wars :P), so by saying that, you are imposing your beliefs on other. :P...
The greatness of freedom is that we can all say our beliefs as we wish...when we wish :P..
04-29-2003 09:46 PM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
Including saying "Oh My God!"

This post was edited on 04-29-2003 at 09:58 PM by Johnny_Mac.
04-29-2003 09:57 PM
harry_potter

i find it offensive to and have chosen not to use it. I dont want to get into an argument about rassism and everything, coz i know this isnt the place. But you wouldnt have a word on there that offends a black person, an asian person or a chinease person, so why is it ok to have a word that ofeends christians?? if that made sence
04-29-2003 10:02 PM
DXtremz
Elite Member

DeeEcks

38 / Male / Flag
Thats what I was saying Johnny :P
04-29-2003 10:03 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well, I agree on the fact that you can deactivate the sounds if you find them offensive... if many peopel request it to be removed, I'll comply. However, as far as I understand this american expression, it is a very common one. In fact, the sound you hear is Henry Hill (in King Of The Hill) and he is Christian up to the bones.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-29-2003 10:05 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: