What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Polish President Crash wasn't an accident?

Polish President Crash wasn't an accident?
Author: Message:
Adeptus

RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident?
This reminds me of the X-Files message: "I want to believe".  Conspiracy theorists want to believe their theories.  That does not make them true.

When I was much younger, I started out asking myself "why do people do the things they do?"  Having turned older (and hopefully wiser), I now understand that a much better question to ask is the approximate reverse, "what purpose does this action serve and whom does it benefit?"  The answer to the latter is also the answer to the former.

Looking at it that way, there is little reason to believe any conspiracy surrounding the Polish president's plane crash.  While staging it might not be beyond the abilities of the Russian special forces, there is no conceivable reason for them to do it.  Powers of significant influence don't do stupid things because they can, they do what they do for a reason.  Therefore, I don't believe the Russians did anything to contribute to or cause this.

What it sounds like is a pilot error, perhaps a pilot error under pressure.  The Polish president had a prior reputation for interfering with his flight crew's decisions, which puts them in a very difficult situation.  What do you do when you know this is unsafe, but your country's president won't hear of it and wants you to put his plane down in bad weather?

Edit: Also, it should be noted that Kiev is not anywhere close to Smolensk where the crash occurred, and it is in Ukraine, not Russia.

This post was edited on 04-23-2010 at 06:09 AM by Adeptus.
04-23-2010 06:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by Discrate on 04-23-2010 at 02:09 AM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by Nagamasa on 04-23-2010 at 02:57 AM
RE: RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by Discrate on 04-23-2010 at 03:58 AM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by Adeptus on 04-23-2010 at 06:04 AM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by Discrate on 04-23-2010 at 06:45 AM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by Vilkku on 04-23-2010 at 10:16 AM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by Chrono on 04-24-2010 at 12:24 AM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by Chancer on 04-24-2010 at 02:14 AM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by CookieRevised on 04-24-2010 at 02:37 AM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by Chancer on 04-24-2010 at 04:31 PM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by zach on 04-25-2010 at 12:21 PM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by CookieRevised on 04-25-2010 at 12:28 PM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by Discrate on 04-25-2010 at 02:25 PM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by wacky on 04-25-2010 at 05:22 PM
RE: Polish President Crash wasn't an accident? - by Spunky on 04-25-2010 at 09:04 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: