What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » World cup South Africa 2010

Pages: (23): « First « 16 17 18 19 [ 20 ] 21 22 23 » Last »
World cup South Africa 2010
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: World cup South Africa 2010
* Menthix blames half empty stadiums on the Fifa

There are shitloads of Dutchies who want to go see the final, even if it costs them like 2400euro just to be there for a day and a half. But the Fifa made 500 more tickets available (at least 5000 people preregistered) and they announced this so extremely late now there isn't any available flight left to South Africa anymore. They already added 4 extra flights :(.

So the Netherlands now has 500 tickets which nobody can use, unless there are Dutchies who took the gamble and already flew over without tickets.

As far as the Fifa is concerned almost every game is probably sold out. It is the failure of distributing those sold tickets to actual people.

This post was edited on 07-09-2010 at 11:44 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-09-2010 11:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Bit of a risk, but you could've gone to SA and ask a local to go buy tickets for you, I bet there's thousands available for locals at peanuts
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5214 days, 12 hours, 5 minutes, 30 seconds ago
07-09-2010 12:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
There are shitloads of Dutchies who want to go see the final, even if it costs them like 2400euro just to be there for a day and a half. But the Fifa made 500 more tickets available (at least 5000 people preregistered) and they announced this so extremely late now there isn't any available flight left to South Africa anymore. They already added 4 extra flights :(.
2400 including flights? Cause if it's just for the tickets.. FFFFFFFFFFFFF-- :|
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
07-09-2010 05:19 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
2400 including flights? Cause if it's just for the tickets.. FFFFFFFFFFFFF-- :|
Yeah, that's flights + ticket + 1 night hotel.

Although I've seen single tickets for 2500euro too.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-09-2010 05:43 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: World cup South Africa 2010
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
A few of the referees sucked, by and large they didn't make any huge mistakes
yeah like england's goal against germany, or the first goal of argentina against mexico 8-). overall there were too many bad referees, the fifa should try to make a more decent selection of referees for the cup in the future imo. But yeah, i guess that's something that will always happen, until they implement replays or w/e.
quote:
it didn't move in the air in the slightest, it's no different to any other ball.
o rly?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFX7laMy3q4
Many goalkeepers complained about the ball before the world cup started, that's not something that happenes every tournament :P They went as far as calling it a volley ball (again, before the tournament started). Casillas (Spain), LLoris (france, Julio cesar (Brazil) were some of the keepers that complained.

The fifa probably thought that with such a ball there'd be more goals but they were clearly wrong :p

quote:
Stadiums not being full is disgusting.....if the WC is in England in 2018 I can't imagine there would be a seat spare for ANY game.  I for one would go to any game.....I'd go to North Korea-New Zealand if it was on.....it's the WORLD CUP.....doesn't matter if it's Brazil-Spain or the two worst teams in it....the World Cup final or a random group game....having it in your country is a privilege and I think the South African public have let their country down by not attenting in huge numbers (seeing as they had the easiest access to ridiculously cheap tickets.....I don't see them being that cheap over here!)

(Y)
quote:

And yes.....the vuvuzelas do get a bit annoying, but it's a cultural thing...
well yeah i know. but what i mean is that it was annoying for us, the viewers. im not saying that it was unfair or whatever, as every ream had to deal with the same thing, but it was annoying to watch a game and the only thing you'd hear were vuvuzelas. it's NOTHING like drums or flares, those dont get you into your nerves :P

This post was edited on 07-09-2010 at 09:49 PM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
07-09-2010 09:47 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
A few of the referees sucked, by and large they didn't make any huge mistakes
yeah like england's goal against germany, or the first goal of argentina against mexico 8-).

quote:

A few of the referees sucked, by and large they didn't make any huge mistakes (and if they did it was stuff that video replays could've EASILY cleared up

Don't part quote :P

I see your point about the Jabulani in that video......but to honest, Ronaldo could do that with the Premier League ball a couple of years ago and no-one complained about that.  It's all about how you hit it......that van Bronckhorst one the other night stayed completely true, didn't dip or swerve or anything
07-09-2010 11:48 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Just saw the result of the 3rd place match online (missed the match).. wow.. that was close :p Congrats to Germany for winning it 3-2 :) Uruguay did a really good job this year.. both their losses were really close matches :)

("A beautiful loss.. is still a loss" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMmsaW4uxxc)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
07-11-2010 05:41 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
It was a really thrilling end-to-end game actually......living up to the past 3rd/4th place play-offs which have averaged almost 4 goals a game!

I hope it's a precursor to tonight's final being an epic battle!
07-11-2010 10:18 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
[traveling, btw]

I don't know if that ball sucks or not, I have never used or touched one. But why to change the ball every single worldcup?
Does the Tennis or Volley ones change every world championship?

Hope FIFA learnt the lesson: you can't let the simple video replay tech out because it "would demoralize the referees". Dear FIFA, you seem to be in Soviet Russia. You didn't demoralize the referees, the referees demoralized you! :zippy:

South Africa is harder to reach than Brazil, and is also in a better monetary situation than them, so I guess there won't be a single empty seat in the entire tournament :P

Also, HUP HOLLAND HUP!

[I'm in relative's house because of vacations, but also made it so that we'd watch the finals here :P Complete with a nice barbecue which is why this reply won't be any longer :P]
[Image: Empty.png]
07-11-2010 04:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
We have a winner.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-11-2010 09:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (23): « First « 16 17 18 19 [ 20 ] 21 22 23 » Last »