What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Has this contact deleted me?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Has this contact deleted me?
Author: Message:
rocketgirl20

O.P. Shocked  Has this contact deleted me?
Hi,

I had this contact blocked and deleted, but they always showed up on my block list.

Anyways, so I unblocked them by moving them to my allow list, and I also clicked the "view who has you on their contact list" button, and it says they have  added me.

So anyways, I check again today, and now this contact is in neither my block nor allow list. However, its still showing up that I'm in their list.

So, I was wondering how a contact can drop off my allow list? Does that mean they deleted me? Also...does that view who has you in their list button even work? I know for a fact I'm in my friends list, yet they aren't listed......

So I'm thinking maybe this contact saw I unblocked them and then deleted me....and also that the info provided by that view button is incorrect / outdated??
06-20-2010 08:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Has this contact deleted me?
Currently this is not working, Please Read: Contact List Clean-Up' => Currently Not Working! (PLEASE READ)
06-20-2010 09:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
rocketgirl20

O.P. RE: Has this contact deleted me?
Hi,

Okay so that button isn't working. BUt it doesn't explain how somebody can drop off my allow list without me deleting them...does it? Or does it? lol
06-20-2010 09:18 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
It will be removed from your allow list if it's on your block list :zippy:
06-20-2010 09:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rocketgirl20
now this contact is in neither my block nor allow list
I don't think that's possible. Every contact you've ever spoken to will be in one or the other.

quote:
Originally posted by rocketgirl20
how a contact can drop off my allow list? Does that mean they deleted me?
No. The contact doesn't have any affect whether they're in your allow or block list, that's for you to decide if they're blocked or unblocked.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-20-2010 09:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rocketgirl20

No Chrissy!!! THe point is, this person WAS on my allow list...then mysteriously, they are no longer on either my allow or block list...they've just disappeared from ALL my lists.

How can that happen without me deleting them??
06-20-2010 09:23 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
As long as they can talk to you and you can talk to them, it's kinda irrelevant.

As stated above the "Has you?" information is not necessarily correct, the only real way is if they can start a conversation with you.

They shouldn't just disappear from your allow list without you blocking them or anything......but as you had them blocked it's possible if you signed onto another computer it would still see them as blocked and remove them from the allow list or anything like that

Edit: is it perhaps that they're showing up as their display name instead of e-mail address, or vice-versa.  I've noticed in my lists that it can be random as to how a person appears in the lists.

This post was edited on 06-20-2010 at 09:25 PM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5235 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes, 45 seconds ago
06-20-2010 09:24 PM
rocketgirl20

yes this happened when I signed onto another computer. I don't know if they can talk to me now or not...I can't talk to them, because they arent in my contact, block or allow list anymore.

So....I just don't know how to explain that. Would that happen if they deleted me....like if someone deleted me, would they be removed from my ALLOW list?

oh sorry i just read that other post....well that's WEIRD then, that a contact can disappear from both my ALLOW and BLOCK lists....how strange!!
06-20-2010 09:26 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
No, if someone deleted you then you wouldn't be removed from YOUR allow list, only from theirs.

The best thing is to just re-add them to your contact list....this should then put them back into your allow list and allow you to talk to them

This post was edited on 06-20-2010 at 09:28 PM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5235 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes, 45 seconds ago
06-20-2010 09:28 PM
rocketgirl20

danny...no they're just completely gone now from both lists....I just don't know how that could have happened. I wanted to keep them on allow so they cud msg me in the future if they wanted...but now I guess there's no chance of that ever since they've gone from both lists :o((

If I readd them it'll probably send them a notification...oh well I guess maybe it was some kind of weird divine intervention and I was destined never to talk to this person again :(
06-20-2010 09:30 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: