What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live

Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
[!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live
Can you correct your information please:
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
However, a full update, Messenger Plus! Live 5, will probably be available to Beta Testers somewhere in November 2010. Depending on the amount/severity of bugs, ...the public release will be some time from NovemberDecember 2010 all the way to 2011.
because:
1) It is not 100% certain that beta testers will start to test in November (depends on how the development goes). And it is also _somewhere_ in November, thus not necessarily at the beginning of November.
2) The public release is scheduled for the beginning of December (depending on bugs etc...)

---

PS: The official link to WLM 14.0.8117.0427 (or latest build) is:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-Messenger-XP
or direct from MS' Download Center:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...-88C8-278267802F57

In both case you can choose your language, in the link you posted you can not.

This post was edited on 10-08-2010 at 10:39 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-08-2010 07:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
benzo93

31 / Male / Flag
When I noticed there was a beta version of WLM 2011 I downloaded it. Like 2 weeks later the full version was out. Now I'm using that and feel quite happy with it though Microsoft have taken away some good features for example the display name is now your name that you use for your emails, there's no numbers next to the groups of how many peole are online and offline, you can change the colour of your messenger anymore you only can change the design. It seems to be working fine but Microsoft have stuffed up by removing these features. I'm ok without them, but I'll perfer it if they still had them. There are some great new features through like now messenger plus! Doesn't have to supply us with tabs now because they're already included in this version, plus you can comment on facebook statuses and even chat on facebook chat. Microsoft have done well in these areas but I wish they kept the old features too! I had messenger plus installed before but then it didn't work when I installed the beta version on WLM.

I'm sticking with the latest version ATM and hoping if you could bring back these features that Microsoft took away. Is there any chance you could list some features that you're working on for your next version? Thanks Ben
10-09-2010 12:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by benzo93
I'm sticking with the latest version ATM and hoping if you could bring back these features that Microsoft took away.
Some features can not be brought back by Messenger Plus! (or any other 3rd-party addon for that matter) because those features all depend on server side programming (on Microsoft's side) as they also influence other programs in the Windows Live Essentials Suite. These features are (but not nessecairly limited to) Display Names, one-way Webcam, etc... Stuff like that can only be brought back by Microsoft themselfs.

But things like the Webcam feature are gone for good as they have completely been replaced by something else (in this case with Video Call).

quote:
Is there any chance you could list some features that you're working on for your next version?
There is no complete public list known yet with upcomming features, not even to the beta testers. Yuna will also not publicize such a list to beta testers before private beta testing will begin. And that is scheduled for somewhere in November as you can read in the top post of this thread.

This post was edited on 10-09-2010 at 03:56 PM by CookieRevised.
10-09-2010 03:18 PM
benzo93

31 / Male / Flag
Ok thanks. Hopefully Microsoft bring them back because everyone is complaining about it. I don't really care what they did to the webcam feature because I hardly use it, though I do use it sometimes. Did they change it so then you can't mute the microphone? Because that would be annoying. Skype even allows you to mute it so why should Microsoft make it unavailable.  I'll wait until the new messenger plus! comes out and see what it can do. It's ok with the display name I guess because you can always change your real name that isn't your name lol. Though I still would like numbers telling me how many people are online and offline. It's annoying going through all my groups and seeing how many people are online. That has nothing to do with their server, does it?

This post was edited on 10-09-2010 at 09:50 PM by benzo93.
10-09-2010 09:46 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Though I still would like numbers telling me how many people are online and offline. It's annoying going through all my groups and seeing how many people are online. That has nothing to do with their server, does it?
AFAIK, no it doesn't. So something like this looks like it can be done by an addon like Messenger Plus!.

Though that depends on how much 'access' it has on the internal APIs of Messenger and how buggy they still are. Because something like that requires that the addon has access to the internal group/categories objects (to know which contact belongs to which group and thus to be able to increase/decrease the proper counter). Last time something was said about groups/categories the conclussion was that the internal API of Messenger in regards to groups/categories was very buggy and thus Messenger Plus! couldn't take advantage of it...
10-09-2010 10:38 PM
damnidunno

40 / Male / –
i only ever used msg plus for the better chat log. always disabled the tabs feature, and continue to disable it in wlm 2011.

missin the chat log. much better than the build in archiver
10-11-2010 02:15 AM
Hous3Fr3ak

32 / Male / Flag
When u release the new Plus! 4.9?
10-11-2010 12:06 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
We have no dates or estimates at this time ;)
10-11-2010 12:24 PM
Hous3Fr3ak

32 / Male / Flag
I need the new Plus! 4.9 :D
10-11-2010 03:21 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
We all do ;)