What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » "One way web cam" function not working!

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
"One way web cam" function not working!
Author: Message:
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: "One way web cam" function not working!
quote:
Tried your way but I keep getting a message saying I need permission? Do you have any ideas please.
Can you be more specific? We need to know the exact message..
07-05-2010 01:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fehmi
Hello 'djdannyp'
Having read your reply, I think I may well leave things as they are for now. The video call function works great except for what I wrote earlier. I will definitely write some 'feedback' to MSN and suggest they bring back this function to the newer versions. It would be nice if friends can see you even if they don't have a web cam' as before.
Thanks for your help.

Yes, you should stick with the current version (or the new beta if you prefer).

Your friends can still see you even if they don't have a webcam.  If they can't then there is another problem and that is what you should be addressing rather than trying to downgrade
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5217 days, 6 hours, 35 seconds ago
07-05-2010 01:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fehmi

O.P. RE: "One way web cam" function not working!
This is a bit confusing as some people say 'one way web cam' doesn't work in the newer versions and others like yourself say it should? Some of my friends were telling me my laptop was malfunctioning but as I said earlier the live video call worked great with one of my contacts.
I'm going to have to take a rain check on this because the last thing I want to do is mess my settings up.
07-05-2010 02:26 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
I can 100% confirm that doing a one way webcam via video call works 100% perfectly between the current and previous versions of WLM 2009.

Anything not working is a problem somewhere
07-05-2010 02:34 PM
Fehmi

Hello All,
It would appear that I have fixed the problem. It seems that the prob lies with what other people do. I set up a 'conversation' with my desktop pc and I clicked on 'video' which is on the toolbar and the video opened eventhough my desktop has no webcam.
If you can mark this thread as resolved as I dont need to do any more.
Many thanks to you all for your kind help.
Have a nice day
07-05-2010 05:53 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Yeah, you've always been able to have a video call, even if you don't have a webcam and the other person does, as far as I'm aware.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-05-2010 09:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DrPizza

43 / Male / Flag
This is really bullshit. If someone tries to do a one-sided webcam chat with me I get NO NOTIFICATION and it just tells them I refused the chat.

Downgrading seems the only sensible option at this time.

I do not want to be forced to do video calls. They simply do not work as an adequate replacement.

This post was edited on 07-06-2010 at 04:36 AM by DrPizza.
07-06-2010 04:35 AM
Fehmi

Hello Dr. Pizza,
I was very frustrated yesterday, iimagine getting a few friends telling you your new laptop is 'not working' and 'you should take it back because your webcam is a crock os s****' etc. I worked through this thing and eventually got the one way web cam function working. At first I couldn't 'see' from my laptop but when I selected the 'video' tab from my chat window (That is on my desktop pc without a webcam) the window opened to my surprise and I could see myself, beamed from the laptop? I was very surprised but pleased at the same time.
I have written to 'MSN Feedback' with my thoughts on this.
What surprised me was the number of contacts who wrote and said they couldn't see me! We shall see what develops today.

This post was edited on 07-06-2010 at 06:11 AM by Fehmi.
07-06-2010 06:10 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
DrPizza, you should advise your friends to upgrade to the same version and then they won't have the option to "Send Webcam" and will instead just send Video Calls, which you will get a notification of.

You aren't "forced" to use video calls, if you don't wish to send your webcam and just wish to be able to see theirs, then either disable your webcam in the Audio Video Wizard, or unplug it from your computer.  Then you can have a one-sided webcam chat (with the added benefit of audio), so technically it's even better than it was before
07-06-2010 06:13 AM
DrPizza

43 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: "One way web cam" function not working!
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
DrPizza, you should advise your friends to upgrade to the same version and then they won't have the option to "Send Webcam" and will instead just send Video Calls, which you will get a notification of.
But I have hundreds of friends. It's ridiculous for Microsoft to make such an upgrade without at the very least making it compulsory. There's no obvious indication that my version is different: it just doesn't work properly.

quote:
You aren't "forced" to use video calls,
Er, yes, you are. There is no other option.

quote:
if you don't wish to send your webcam and just wish to be able to see theirs, then either disable your webcam in the Audio Video Wizard, or unplug it from your computer.
Is this meant to be a joke?

quote:
Then you can have a one-sided webcam chat (with the added benefit of audio), so technically it's even better than it was before
Audio isn't a benefit. I virtually never want audio.

This post was edited on 07-06-2010 at 02:32 PM by DrPizza.
07-06-2010 02:31 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: