What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Has this contact deleted me?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Has this contact deleted me?
Author: Message:
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Has this contact deleted me?
They're not gone from both lists. They are on one list or the other, you need to check closer. Like djdannyp said, they may be listed as their email address OR their display name.

Just add them to your contacts list again, they won't receive a notification if you're already on their list. Then you can unblock them so they're on your allow list, then delete them, thus keeping them on your allow list but not on your contacts list.

Or take the sensible options of either just keeping them on your contacts list if you think you're going to want to talk to them OR block and delete them if you don't, I'm sure they will find a way to contact you if they really need to. Your choice.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-20-2010 09:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rocketgirl20

O.P. RE: Has this contact deleted me?
I've checked both lists like over and over. They aren't on either list I swear....I know it's totally illogical, that's why I thought maybe they had deleted me.

I would readd them but since that "view who has u on their list" button isn't working...I have no way of knowing if it'd send them a notification, so I don't want to risk it :(

But Chris4 that's another good point...how do I know whether or not they are blocked and can see me online, if they aren't showing on either list??

I know they are definitely not blocked...because when I go to view who has you on their list...their name is listed, without the (blocked) bit...so they're not blocked...but since they are on neither the allow nor block list....im not sure if they can infact see me online or not!!

Maybe they deleted their email account...could that be a possible reason why they aren't showing on either list now?
06-20-2010 09:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
WARNING: Posting more than once in a row is against the RULES - please use the EDIT button.

quote:
Originally posted by rocketgirl20
how do I know whether or not they are blocked and can see me online, if they aren't showing on either list??
Re-add them.

quote:
Originally posted by rocketgirl20
I know they are definitely not blocked...because when I go to view who has you on their list...their name is listed
As mentioned before - The "Who has you on their list" does NOT work.

This post was edited on 06-20-2010 at 10:13 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-20-2010 10:11 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Wait a minute.

You log into ComputerA and downloads your contacts list so it's cashed. In that list you have 3 contacts.

contact1
contact2
contact 3

You then log into ComputerB and load your contacts so they are cached. There is now 3 contacts on B as well.

contact1
contact2
contact 3

Lets say on A you add contact 4 then delete it. Then you log into B. If you hadn't of deleted B it would of been downloaded and cached onto B, but since it was deleted, B detects no change in the list because no contacts more contacts were added or less removed.

Maybe this caused B not to update therefor looking like nothing happened?

06-20-2010 10:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
rocketgirl20

So i Signed into messenger yesterday and it said that contact (who was no longer on allow) had ADDED me to his contact list and i just pressed next etc and now the contact is back on my contact list!!!

SO...question is...did he actually PHYSICALLY add me to his contact list ( I can't see why he would...out of the blue, for no reason)....OR, was this all the result of some weird server glitch that has now rectified itself?

Not going emo again I promise...I'm just interested y this would happen...never known msn to do weird stuff like that b4!!

P.s - if he had blocked me wud I have been able to readd him to my list??

This post was edited on 06-23-2010 at 08:52 PM by rocketgirl20.
06-23-2010 08:47 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
It's probably just a Messenger glitch, it's too much of a coincidence otherwise.

It's best not to worry about it and just to get on with things ;)
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5221 days, 2 minutes, 46 seconds ago
06-23-2010 08:52 PM
rocketgirl20

yeah ur so right!
06-23-2010 09:07 PM
Derwan

51 / Male / –
Sorry to dig up an aging thread.

I believe WLM is heading towards the same setup as Facebook.  Have you noticed since installing the new Beta that when you add people, they're also added to your friends list in Spaces?

In Facebook, if you delete a friend, you delete the connection.  They no longer see you on their list.  I think this is where WLM is heading.

If this is the case, there will be no need for a reverse list.
08-02-2010 11:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Spaces doesn't have a friendlist directly. The list you can see there is the same contactlist as the one on your Windows Live Id profile.
And people being added to Messenger have always been added to this friendlist as well, since it is the same list, so this is nothing new at all. All the lists with contacts in all the different Windows Live Services have always shared the same data; they are the same list.

What might be new in Wave 4 is that added contacts are now also been set as 'public profile' friends by default though (didn't checked that yet).

But it is correct that Messenger is heading towards a 'social' model... That is the number one purpose and change in the new Wave 4. Aka: it's the whole point of Wave 4.

And it is this tight integration with other social networks, like Facebook, that the friends-model has been changed a bit (and will probably change more in the futur).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-02-2010 02:38 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: