What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Messenger Plus! 5 information

Pages: (44): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
5 votes - 2.4 average   Messenger Plus! 5 information
Author: Message:
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 5 information
@Cookie
I only wanted a feature list, I didn't beg for releases..

Plus, releasing a thread claiming MP5 is released when it's out to like 50 testers isn't a 'release' at all. But I guess 'all other software will do that too'.

You obviously know better than me/us, so please gtf and stop patronising me or anyone else (Discrate) :(

And yes, I'm waiting on my neg rep..
12-30-2010 10:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Islander
online account for what? Did I read that right, you want us to store our chat logs online? Yeah, sure! ^o)
You read it a bit wrong I think. Online chat logging is only a possebility, which was request years ago by quite a lot of people, including a lot of people on these forums if I may add. You are of course not forced to use it; local logging would still be there.

But the MyPlus! account is way more than that. It also will be your forum account (the one you are now registered under). It will also give you access to your created scripts, skins and other content you might have created so that you don't need to bother the database admin anymore and so that you can update, change and add stuff yourself instantly.

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
@Cookie
I only wanted a feature list, I didn't beg for releases..
Which is what I replied on. Only a few days ago you whined that they didn't yet posted more info about Plus!. Now that they did, you say they should have kept it quite?:
quote:
So why tell the pubic? Just keep it quite..
All they need to say is a closed beta is out, and the main on will be January.
Also: read the post again, that is exactly what they said (with a bit more words).

quote:
Plus, releasing a thread claiming MP5 is released when it's out to like 50 testers isn't a 'release' at all. But I guess 'all other software will do that too'.
I dunno what that quote from "other software" is doing here, but they DID NOT say it was publically released.

But in fact, yes it was released... privately, just like the first sentence in that post said. And it will be released publically too, just not now. Nowhere was it stated that it would be released now.
It was your own assumption that it meant it was publically released!

Either way, in real life, news like that is often released with short titles like that. And no, this isn't real life, but give them a break ffs. They are (clearly) not (yet) used to communicating with an online community where people sometimes assume too much, twist words around and read the wrong things between the lines. But give them a bit of slack will you?

But yes, it might have been 'misleading', but it was just a thread title... seriously... get over it...

This post was edited on 12-30-2010 at 11:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-30-2010 11:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

But yes, it might have been 'misleading', but it was just a thread title... seriously... get over it...
If I did it you'd be the first to complain..
12-30-2010 11:17 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I would complain when you get over it???? Makes no sense at all...
12-30-2010 11:19 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
chrissy "Makes no sense at all" !!!!
12-30-2010 11:30 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
I mean, If I made a Misleading title, you WOULD complain about it.
12-30-2010 11:42 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I mean, If I made a Misleading title, you WOULD complain about it.
You indeed did before (just like so many other people), but I never ever complained about it, and I never will.
12-30-2010 11:53 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by foaly
If Yuna's vision is so focussed on the community, maybe it would have been a good idea to let the community vote on the website design...
if yuna is so focused on the community they should've contacted surfichris (oh surprise, developer of mybboard) so he could help out with the integration of the website and these forums. The forums on the new website lack most of the features that makes this board so cool :P i doubt they can make it nearly as good, specially considering they're using a generic CMS :p

i thought they at least tried to integrate mybb with the website, but for what surfichris said 2 pages back, apparently they did not.

Yuna, you're still in time to fix it and integrate them. You just dont understand how usefull many of the features are, both for users and mods/admins. I doubt you can emulate something as good as mybb considering it's taken years to make it THIS good. Trust me, i've seen these forums (and mybb in general) evolve for the past 8 years.

This post was edited on 12-31-2010 at 12:07 AM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
12-31-2010 12:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
So were can I say the new forums on the new website? Is it BETA testers only?
12-31-2010 12:18 AM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5 information
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Why have the GFDD design team been ditched? The website, logo and software UI would have been 10x better if they had continued designing it.
Heh :) Thanks!

I wanted to congratulate the Yuna team on the hard work, I know how complex these kind of projects are, but also wanted to clarify exactly that -- that we at GFDD Group (or rather Marketica, the new brand for our design department) didn't make any of this. We worked on the GUI design and Website design and development for Messenger Plus 2, 3, 3.5, 4 and 4.5 between 2002 and 2009.

From what I'm aware, the reason for the policy change when Yuna came along was that they preferred to keep the design team in-house.

Regardless, happy new year everyone and hope to see you again soon!
12-31-2010 12:44 AM
Pages: (44): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: