What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website

Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website
quote:
Originally posted by Talk2Luke
You're clearly very biased towards Yuna has a company.
Then you clearly don't know me, nor have any idea what I think about Yuna. Also see the comment marked with * below.

quote:
People agree with me, nobody from Yuna has said anything about it.
_some_ people agree with you. The thing is that for average Joe it doesn't realy matter how the code looks like, it works now (well, it should be after the DNS changes) and that is the most important thing. And although you might have good points (I never said I disagree with them*) you seem to act as if the world will end tomorrow if nothing in the code is fixed instantly, which by your own words is just a matter of a few hours work or what not. Well, it does not work that way and it does take a lot of time to get where it needs to be.

Also, yes, they do listen to good arguments, and yes they have said something about it, maybe not to you personally, but they (read: Jieff) have.

quote:
Messenger Plus! has always been a group effort. Not just the application, but the website, forum, plugins, skins etc. That's disappearing.
No it is not disappearing, that's just your 'doomsday' thinking and negative attitude towards Yuna** speaking and/or the fact that you yourself don't use Plus! as much anymore (and listening to hear-say from other people who don't use Plus! anymore as frequently as they use to). Scripts and skins are also still developped, people can still report issues and suggestions for the website and forum, etc...

And if there is a general downfall it probably is because IM in general is getting less popular, compared to social networking... not because of Yuna (they are not that important to the IM world :p).

quote:
I'm glad Patchou sold when he did. Really glad for him.
What's that suppose to mean? I mean, by stating that you seem to blame it on Plus!, the software itself, for the downfall of this forum, etc..., even before it became the property of Yuna? If so, then you whole argument that Yuna is going in the wrong direction doesn't make much sense (since they didn't even existing back then) if I may say so.

Either way, if Patchou hadn't "sold", there wouldn't have been anything at all at this moment! In fact, it is exactly _because_ he "sold" that everything here still exists (in one way or the other), that skins and scripts are still being made, that we are still talking on this forum, etc... etc...

-

**and to strengthen my point on that:
quote:
....and (from what I've heard) an application with very few improvements.
I suggest you read up on some things before judging and applying that (maybe unconscience) 'doomsday' thinking to everything then.

Or maybe you shouldn't have left as you clearly are not as much in the loop anymore. I can't and don't blame you for that of course, but so shouldn't you judge stuff based upon hear-say or an already negative feelings from a few people who are infected with that 'doomsday' virus themselfs...

I have said it before, if nothing has been changed in like a few months and/or the userbase has indeed significantly dropped, then by all means shout all you want. I will even join you! But as for now, it simply sounds like pulling things seriously out of context.

As for those improvements: I'm not going to make this post any longer than it already is (too late :p), but it was/is very obvious that big improvements were not to be expected in the first release of Plus!5. So you can't use that as your argument to proof that everything is going downhill. In fact, When other major versions were released they also contained only one or two big new things. Again an example of how people use such current events as an example of how bad Yuna is doing, while in fact nothing has changed compared to similar previous events when Patchou was still in charge.

quote:
Edit: If you report the thread it may be moved to the correct forum. Sorry about that.
yup, no worries, will do, but after this side-discussion has been split out so that your thread can be kept on topic about the faults in the code/design of the site.

-------

EDIT:

quote:
Wow, I didn't see the additional page. Too much caffeine today.
hehehe, I know the feeling :p
quote:
I also cannot believe I ignored the comment from Cookie essentially saying "design doesn't matter". To you it may not matter but it does to other people. People like me who remember the old site, type in msgplus.com to download an update and think... Woooooow, this is awful!
I didn't essentially say "it doesn't matter", on the contrary though! If you think that, then I'm afraid you completely misunderstood me and/or pulled it seriously out of context. Sorry for not making myself clear then, but I said I think it doesn't matter to the average user _at this point_. And together with that I also clearly stated (I think) that it does indeed need big changes! But not right now. Because there are far more important things to do first. So, what I said can't be reduced to a one-liner and isn't as black and white as "design doesn't matter", it is way more nuanced than that.

May I remind you of my first and second post in this thread, where I stated that I too hope things will change?
(and with that I also corrected a few things like "nothing has been done or said so far" quote not to be taken literally, but is is essentially what has been said by you, no? if not, I misunderstood you.)

If you do want to reduce everything I've said to a one-liner I suppose I essentially said that I think you blow stuff a bit way out of proportion, without disagreeing with your code/design points.

This post was edited on 02-09-2011 at 11:23 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-09-2011 10:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 10:51 AM
RE: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Spunky on 02-08-2011 at 10:57 AM
RE: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 10:59 AM
RE: Yuna: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-08-2011 at 04:29 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Felu on 02-08-2011 at 04:42 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 06:19 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 06:33 PM
RE: RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by segosa on 02-08-2011 at 07:05 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Thor on 02-08-2011 at 06:34 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 07:24 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by segosa on 02-08-2011 at 07:58 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Thor on 02-08-2011 at 08:05 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 08:12 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Arcticwolfx on 02-08-2011 at 08:45 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by matty on 02-08-2011 at 08:48 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Arcticwolfx on 02-08-2011 at 09:12 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by segosa on 02-08-2011 at 09:14 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 09:14 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by matty on 02-08-2011 at 09:21 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Thor on 02-08-2011 at 09:38 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Hank on 02-08-2011 at 09:48 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-09-2011 at 09:16 AM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by aNILEator on 02-09-2011 at 09:56 AM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Discrate on 02-09-2011 at 10:58 AM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-09-2011 at 12:49 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Chrissy on 02-09-2011 at 04:13 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-09-2011 at 06:12 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by x2zen on 02-09-2011 at 07:07 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Menthix on 02-09-2011 at 07:25 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-09-2011 at 07:32 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Spunky on 02-09-2011 at 07:48 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-09-2011 at 09:35 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-09-2011 at 10:03 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-10-2011 at 12:17 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-10-2011 at 09:48 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by prashker on 02-10-2011 at 10:43 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-10-2011 at 10:56 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by prashker on 02-10-2011 at 11:14 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-11-2011 at 12:04 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: