What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website

Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website
quote:
Originally posted by Talk2Luke
Even you have to admit that your posts have been leaning towards Yuna quite a bit. However, that could be because you know more than we do about the whole ordeal. In which case, please spill the beans .
As a beta tester I (we) indeed do know more than others. Not everything though, but sometimes just enough to see and know the what the real deal behind certain things is. Plus, having some connections might help too. And with that I mean just being friendly towards certain people and showing that they can trust you and you'll be surprised what they want to share with you (in good trust). But yeah, that's indeed stuff I (we) can't share with others for obvious reaons, other than trying to explain things without revealing stuff.

And here lies already a difference in perception. It is not because something is explained, that the person explaining the things (dis)agrees with it!!

Also trying to use a lot of common sense and trying to see things in perspective, instead of basing things on hear-say (for the lack of a better word), will influence how I think or what I post. (and note I said "trying", I don't always succeed in that either). I try to be objective or at least first trying to look at things from the other pov.

Unfortunatly, and I already hinted at that, it seems that these days people all too often confuse such explainations (which are mostly based upon facts and common sense) or attempts to be objective, with my own personal opinions about stuff. Also, some people (conveniently or not) seem to quickly forget how things were and happened in the past when it comes down to stuff Yuna does now.

As soon as you explain something which the OP might got wrong or try to explain how it in reality is, it is immediatly seen as disagreeing with everything and being pro-Yuna (for this matter, but that goes for many other subjects too).

This said, you can ask any beta tester for example what kind of a post I've made when I discovered a severe bug. Which wasn't even a real bug bug, but something "they" (quotes as I do not know who made that decision) explicitly designed it to work like that, but the result of that, for me, was catastrophic. And believe me, I'm still not completely over it.

So, am I pro-Yuna? I like to believe I'm not. But I'm also not contra-Yuna!
The thing is that, with a few exceptions, they have not done anything so severely wrong that I have a personal reason to bad-mouth them or to completely turn my back to them.
Some stuff they did wrong can be explained in a logical way with some common sense; they need to learn too. Granted, you sometimes need to see the whole picture for that, but even without that one could give them the benefit of doubt instead of just quickly dismissing it as them being 'idiots', putting some more fuel on the we-all-hate-yuna vibe and what not. But like I said before, doing that is unfortunatly way too often seen as kissing Yuna's ass in this community (or at least by some people) imho.

-----

As for the subject about the future of this forum: the word 'doomsday' may not have been the correct word, 'being (imho, a bit too) pessimistic' might indeed have been better. But other than that, see our conversation we had in private... (I'm not going to repeat it since this post is again already too long, lol. But you know from those PMs that I partially agree with you. ;))

quote:
I guess my general gist wasn't "nothing has been done"... It was more along the lines of "very little has been done", which I don't think is a false statement. I'd expect a certain amount of polish for a site before it's even made live. That's the difference between a novice company and an experienced company.
Well it is a novice company which doesn't exist yet for so long. Everything is new for them too, and the developpers had to learn everything from scratch too (that is: how Plus! works, and even what Plus! stands for and the importance of this community etc... heck, they are still learning (I hope :p)).

(^^ again a small correction without agreeing or disagreeing with the rest of what you've said here - but if you must know: yes I agree with expecting a certain amount of polish for something like a Plus!-website. But I guess the difference is that the amount of polish, for me personally, is just enough (but also not an inch too much) if I compare it to how it was initially, what has been done, what can be done, and what is planned to be done and also taking in account the steep learning curve they go thru).^

quote:
I suppose my passion can sometimes be misinterpreted as arrogance and things being blown out of proportion.
something else we have in common...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-10-2011 09:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 10:51 AM
RE: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Spunky on 02-08-2011 at 10:57 AM
RE: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 10:59 AM
RE: Yuna: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-08-2011 at 04:29 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Felu on 02-08-2011 at 04:42 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 06:19 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 06:33 PM
RE: RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by segosa on 02-08-2011 at 07:05 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Thor on 02-08-2011 at 06:34 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 07:24 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by segosa on 02-08-2011 at 07:58 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Thor on 02-08-2011 at 08:05 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 08:12 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Arcticwolfx on 02-08-2011 at 08:45 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by matty on 02-08-2011 at 08:48 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Arcticwolfx on 02-08-2011 at 09:12 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by segosa on 02-08-2011 at 09:14 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 09:14 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by matty on 02-08-2011 at 09:21 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Thor on 02-08-2011 at 09:38 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Hank on 02-08-2011 at 09:48 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-09-2011 at 09:16 AM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by aNILEator on 02-09-2011 at 09:56 AM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Discrate on 02-09-2011 at 10:58 AM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-09-2011 at 12:49 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Chrissy on 02-09-2011 at 04:13 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-09-2011 at 06:12 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by x2zen on 02-09-2011 at 07:07 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Menthix on 02-09-2011 at 07:25 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-09-2011 at 07:32 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Spunky on 02-09-2011 at 07:48 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-09-2011 at 09:35 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-09-2011 at 10:03 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-10-2011 at 12:17 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-10-2011 at 09:48 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by prashker on 02-10-2011 at 10:43 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-10-2011 at 10:56 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by prashker on 02-10-2011 at 11:14 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-11-2011 at 12:04 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: