What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website

Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website
Author: Message:
traxor

traxor_v2

O.P. RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Then you clearly don't know me, nor have any idea what I think about Yuna. Also see the comment marked with * below.

Even you have to admit that your posts have been leaning towards Yuna quite a bit. However, that could be because you know more than we do about the whole ordeal. In which case, please spill the beans ;-).

quote:
_some_ people agree with you. The thing is that for average Joe it doesn't realy matter how the code looks like, it works now (well, it should be after the DNS changes) and that is the most important thing. And although you might have good points (I never said I disagree with them*) you seem to act as if the world will end tomorrow if nothing in the code is fixed instantly, which by your own words is just a matter of a few hours work or what not. Well, it does not work that way and it does take a lot of time to get where it needs to be.

Also, yes, they do listen to good arguments, and yes they have said something about it, maybe not to you personally, but they (read: Jieff) have.

People agreed with me about the design and people agree with me about the front-end development. It may not be flocks of people but the thing is that good front-end development will improve the look of a website anyway. I regularly re-code poorly-coded websites and it improves things like alignment, spacing etc and makes the design look better overall. I really think they should keep this in mind.

quote:
No it is not disappearing, that's just your 'doomsday' thinking and negative attitude towards Yuna** speaking and/or the fact that you yourself don't use Plus! as much anymore (and listening to hear-say from other people who don't use Plus! anymore as frequently as they use to). Scripts and skins are also still developped, people can still report issues and suggestions for the website and forum, etc...

I may be being pessimistic, but it's not doomsday... It's what I can see. You must agree that this place is no longer the thriving community that it was. It's become a place with the odd genuine post and a hell of a lot of trolls. I really want to see the analytics comparisons showing the forum and website two years ago, along with the number of downloads.

quote:
What's that suppose to mean? I mean, by stating that you seem to blame it on Plus!, the software itself, for the downfall of this forum, etc..., even before it became the property of Yuna? If so, then you whole argument that Yuna is going in the wrong direction doesn't make much sense (since they didn't even existing back then) if I may say so.

Either way, if Patchou hadn't "sold", there wouldn't have been anything at all at this moment! In fact, it is exactly _because_ he "sold" that everything here still exists (in one way or the other), that skins and scripts are still being made, that we are still talking on this forum, etc... etc...

As I said in my private message, he sold it at it's peak. Good on him. I hope his basking in cash.

quote:
I suggest you read up on some things before judging and applying that (maybe unconscience) 'doomsday' thinking to everything then.

I have to base everything on here-say, the only way I can use Windows is through VMWare fusion, and that's a waste of time for me.

quote:
hehehe, I know the feeling

Glad it's not just me then ;-).

quote:
I didn't essentially say "it doesn't matter", on the contrary though! If you think that, then I'm afraid you completely misunderstood me and/or pulled it seriously out of context. Sorry for not making myself clear then, but I said I think it doesn't matter to the average user _at this point_. And together with that I also clearly stated (I think) that it does indeed need big changes! But not right now. Because there are far more important things to do first. So, what I said can't be reduced to a one-liner and isn't as black and white as "design doesn't matter", it is way more nuanced than that.

That was a definite misunderstanding on my behalf then. For me, the average user is always the person I research and target through design. I obviously don't know enough about the average user. Glad you agree that they need changes. But as I said, if they're worried about other things, they should get a proper design company to create the site for them.

quote:
May I remind you of my first and second post in this thread, where I stated that I too hope things will change?
(and with that I also corrected a few things like "nothing has been done or said so far" quote not to be taken literally, but is is essentially what has been said by you, no? if not, I misunderstood you.)

I'm glad you hope things will change. I hope they do to.

I guess my general gist wasn't "nothing has been done"... It was more along the lines of "very little has been done", which I don't think is a false statement. I'd expect a certain amount of polish for a site before it's even made live. That's the difference between a novice company and an experienced company.

quote:
If you do want to reduce everything I've said to a one-liner I suppose I essentially said that I think you blow stuff a bit way out of proportion, without disagreeing with your code/design points.

I suppose my passion can sometimes be misinterpreted as arrogance and things being blown out of proportion.
02-10-2011 12:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 10:51 AM
RE: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Spunky on 02-08-2011 at 10:57 AM
RE: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 10:59 AM
RE: Yuna: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-08-2011 at 04:29 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Felu on 02-08-2011 at 04:42 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor HTML on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 06:19 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 06:33 PM
RE: RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by segosa on 02-08-2011 at 07:05 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Thor on 02-08-2011 at 06:34 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 07:24 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by segosa on 02-08-2011 at 07:58 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Thor on 02-08-2011 at 08:05 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 08:12 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Arcticwolfx on 02-08-2011 at 08:45 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by matty on 02-08-2011 at 08:48 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Arcticwolfx on 02-08-2011 at 09:12 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by segosa on 02-08-2011 at 09:14 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-08-2011 at 09:14 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by matty on 02-08-2011 at 09:21 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Thor on 02-08-2011 at 09:38 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Hank on 02-08-2011 at 09:48 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-09-2011 at 09:16 AM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by aNILEator on 02-09-2011 at 09:56 AM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Discrate on 02-09-2011 at 10:58 AM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-09-2011 at 12:49 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Chrissy on 02-09-2011 at 04:13 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-09-2011 at 06:12 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by x2zen on 02-09-2011 at 07:07 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Menthix on 02-09-2011 at 07:25 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-09-2011 at 07:32 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by Spunky on 02-09-2011 at 07:48 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-09-2011 at 09:35 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-09-2011 at 10:03 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by traxor on 02-10-2011 at 12:17 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-10-2011 at 09:48 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by prashker on 02-10-2011 at 10:43 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-10-2011 at 10:56 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by prashker on 02-10-2011 at 11:14 PM
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website - by CookieRevised on 02-11-2011 at 12:04 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: