What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Nudger 1.00 - Updated NudgesToolsScripts!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Nudger 1.00 - Updated NudgesToolsScripts!
Author: Message:
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Nudger 1.00 - Updated NudgesToolsScripts!
I've decided to update NudgeScriptTools for WLM 2011, I call it Nudger. Ran into a few compatibility problems oddly enough, but ironing those out :) Screenie below.

[Image: 11icqq1.jpg]

I'm a new dev/script creator, go easy :P. Doing this by popular request :)

This post was edited on 03-17-2011 at 12:29 AM by Fike.
03-16-2011 07:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Nudger 1.00 - Updated NudgesToolsScripts!
Errrm, have you asked permission to TheGuruSupremacy to use his code and republish his script under a different name?

This post was edited on 03-16-2011 at 09:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-16-2011 09:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Nudger 1.00 - Updated NudgesToolsScripts!
First of all, no, I haven't asked for his permission. But I'd never steal other peoples work and rebrand it as my own code, he made it so I'm crediting him in every way possible. If I get into contact with him, I'll ask him.

And that was only the first stage (stripping version checking). It actually doesn't seem to nudge multiple times at all; Microsoft have changed WLM2011 considerably.

This post was edited on 03-17-2011 at 12:30 AM by Fike.
03-16-2011 11:50 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
In another thread you're saying you're "fairly new to scripting etc". As such I very strongly recommend not to alter other people's scripts. Especially not if you don't (yet) have permission from them and especially in such advanced scripts as the ones from TheGuruSupremacy!!! You should not alter something you don't fully and truly understand how it works. No offense though.

This post was edited on 03-17-2011 at 12:12 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-17-2011 12:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Nudger 1.00 - Updated NudgesToolsScripts!
I don't know how all of it works, but I understand a good lot, just leave me be to learn and you may be suprised at what I achieve :)
03-17-2011 12:14 AM
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fike
I don't know how all of it works, but I understand a good lot, just leave me be to learn and you may be suprised at what I achieve :)

That's a great attitude Fike and I encourage your effort in updating an otherwise lost script!

However, it is in fact not really ethically correct to actually change someone's script and give it a different name, is it? You should rather just publish the updated code here on the forum without changing anything else. By uploading it under a different name, some people might get the impression that you're the original author, even if you've given credit.

At the very least, you should call it something along the lines of "NudgesToolsScripts Updated."

In it's current state, I'd even vote for having this script, "Nudger," to be removed from the database.. unless actually given permission by original Author. This would be a shame to an otherwise helpful script update though.

This post was edited on 03-17-2011 at 12:41 AM by Arcticwolfx.
03-17-2011 12:28 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
I'd even vote for having this script, "Nudger," to be removed from the database
It isn't in the database.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-17-2011 12:34 AM
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Nudger 1.00 - Updated NudgesToolsScripts!
quote:
quote:

That's a great attitude Fike and I encourage your effort in updating an otherwise lost script!

However, it is in fact not really ethically to actually change someone's script and give it a different name, is it? You should rather just publish the updated code here on the forum without changing anything else. By uploading it under a different name, some people might get the impression that you're the original author, even if you've given credit.

At the very least, you should call it something along the lines of "NudgesToolsScripts Updated."

In it's current state, I'd even vote for having this script, "Nudger," to be removed from the database.. unless actually given permission by original Author. This would be a shame to an otherwise helpful script update though.

I'm not currently working on it, I've got millions of things to be working on at the moment. Will work on it tomorrow.

And yes, you are right, and I shall rename the script. I probably won't release it on the database (I've heard rumours the original dev will update it ASAP) but once finished I'll upload as an attachment here :).
03-17-2011 12:34 AM
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:

Okay, hypothetically, I'd vote for this script to not be allowed to be published in it's current state. :P (No matter if it would or wouldn't anyway.)

quote:
quote:
quote:

However, it is in fact not really ethically to actually change someone's script and give it a different name, is it? You should rather just publish the updated code here on the forum without changing anything else. By uploading it under a different name, some people might get the impression that you're the original author, even if you've given credit.

I'm not currently working on it, I've got millions of things to be working on at the moment. Will work on it tomorrow.

And yes, you are right, and I shall rename the script. I probably won't release it on the database (I've heard rumours the original dev will update it ASAP) but once finished I'll upload as an attachment here :).

That sounds great and I look forward to seeing your progress in scripting... Perhaps soon we will see your very own scripts appear?
03-17-2011 12:40 AM
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Nudger 1.00 - Updated NudgesToolsScripts!
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:

Okay, hypothetically, I'd vote for this script to not be allowed to be published in it's current state. :P (No matter if it would or wouldn't anyway.)

quote:
quote:
quote:

That sounds great and I look forward to seeing your progress in scripting... Perhaps soon we will see your very own scripts appear?

It obviously wouldn't be published in it's current state, it doesn't even work fully yet D:

I think perhaps this script might be able to point me in a good direction, and I can learn the basics from it (windows, toasts etc.)

Thanks for your input :)
03-17-2011 12:44 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: