What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release] Stealth 2 - Join the dark side!

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
[Release] Stealth 2 - Join the dark side!
Author: Message:
159kl

RE: RE: [Release] Stealth 2 - Join the dark side!
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
quote:
Originally posted by 159kl
I love your skin sooooo much!! but it doesn't work for me. I have WLM 2011 and Plus 5.02. I dont know why its not working. :(

If you can please provide some additional details (i.e., error message), I could fix your problem.

Well it says that "this skin does not appear to be compatible with the version of Messenger you're currently using"
06-16-2011 05:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Wael90

33 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Stealth 2 - Join the dark side!
The skin is simply amazing.. I've been using it for 2 days so far and I'm loving it. However, there's that little bug or something I noticed.. It's about the DP borders.. I mean, they keep changing from stealth to original MSN borders.. Even though I have the stealth ones selected, sometimes when I run MSN, it just gives me the old ones.. Quite frustrating cause I really do love the Stealth borders.. Any idea of what's going on?
06-27-2011 03:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Wael90
The skin is simply amazing.. I've been using it for 2 days so far and I'm loving it. However, there's that little bug or something I noticed.. It's about the DP borders.. I mean, they keep changing from stealth to original MSN borders.. Even though I have the stealth ones selected, sometimes when I run MSN, it just gives me the old ones.. Quite frustrating cause I really do love the Stealth borders.. Any idea of what's going on?

It's a funky WLM limitation. The DP borders only work on the first instance of WLM. If there are multiple, then subsequent instances take the regular one. (that's what I think.)
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6524 days, 18 hours, 18 minutes, 36 seconds ago.

06-27-2011 07:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Wael90

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

It's a funky WLM limitation. The DP borders only work on the first instance of WLM. If there are multiple, then subsequent instances take the regular one. (that's what I think.)

That's the thing actually, it does it on my first instance.. Like, right after I boot my laptop, it will just have the original borders.. It's almost a game of luck, like restarting MSN until I get the stealth borders. I even tried killing the process and starting it fresh.. No luck either. I don't really care how the borders look on my other instances..
06-27-2011 09:26 PM
Mesilane

Hey, but what's the name of that windows visual style you are using .. if it's not a secret  =) ?
06-27-2011 11:02 PM
Wael90

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mesilane
Hey, but what's the name of that windows visual style you are using .. if it's not a secret  =) ?

Aaaaaare you talking to me? What do you mean? :O
06-27-2011 11:05 PM
LuckyMe
Skinning Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Stealth 2 - Join the dark side!
quote:

Well it says that "this skin does not appear to be compatible with the version of Messenger you're currently using"

I seems to be happening to most people, dunno what can be the problem but afaik it happens with different skins, I would try reinstalling latest Messsenger Plus! if it still does not work I can provide a compressed file (RAR) to put in the Plus! folder, that way you can at least see if it shows in the list of skins and then just apply it:

Download it from here

just put the folder in the regular direectory:
(C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus!\WLM-Skins)

or wherever you have installed mplus.

btw, that one is compatible with Plus 5.02

quote:

That's the thing actually, it does it on my first instance.. Like, right after I boot my laptop, it will just have the original borders.. It's almost a game of luck, like restarting MSN until I get the stealth borders. I even tried killing the process and starting it fresh.. No luck either. I don't really care how the borders look on my other instances..

Little bug from Messenger Plus! (afaik) where some resources donīt get applied properly, hopefully it will be fixed in a future version (crossing fingers :P)

quote:
Originally posted by Mesilane

The one Iīve used in the screenie is called "Placebo Black Market" for Windows 7. you can get it here

dunno if it is available for anoher windows version.

A similar vs is Dark Soft

I just forgot some other ones that could fit the skin, guess most of them can be found at DA ;)

This post was edited on 06-29-2011 at 04:28 PM by LuckyMe.
06-29-2011 04:26 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:
I love your skin sooooo much!! but it doesn't work for me. I have WLM 2011 and Plus 5.02. I dont know why its not working. :(

If you can please provide some additional details (i.e., error message), I could fix your problem.

What is the exact version of Windows Live Messenger you are using? (Can be found under Help > About Windows Live Messenger)
06-29-2011 06:58 PM
159kl

quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is the exact version of Windows Live Messenger you are using? (Can be found under Help > About Windows Live Messenger)

i just checked and i have WLM 2009 :$ and when ever i try to install WLM 2011 it says that it is not a valid Win32 Application. I'm not that good with computer so i dont know what that mean.
07-01-2011 02:58 PM
Kyron

quote:
Originally posted by Kyron
Would you have an ETA for 2.03 with the white background for the convo window ? :)

Any hope for an update ?

This post was edited on 09-16-2011 at 12:25 PM by Kyron.
09-16-2011 12:23 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: