What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » internet explorer hijack by msgplus!!

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
internet explorer hijack by msgplus!!
Author: Message:
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!!
quote:
Originally posted by milette
I have BANNED Messenger Plus from being installed on any computers in my organization and recommend you do the SAME!

Now don't you think that’s going a little too far?

Just banning something for accidentally clicking that you will ACCEPT the sponsor program to be installed is a bit uncalled for. Your making too much of a big deal out of a small problem. If you would of stopped to think for a second that maybe, just maybe if you had have read over the license agreement before you clicked accept or even bothered to read what you were accepting to in the first place then you might not be here right now so upset at the fact that you installed the sponsor program. It's not our fault you installed it, you should have been more careful to read the details.

So if you banned it that must mean you care about the security of your organization, so wouldn’t you when you install a program be a little more interested in what it's going to install? Wouldn’t you take a few more minutes just to check out the license and see what you’re accepting to? I know I do and if you would of done that and if every one else that posts about this had done that, then there would be no frustration about this great Msn Messenger add on.

[Image: top.gif]
11-06-2004 08:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
I think everyone here needs to settle down, even tho Patchou has made significent improvements to Msgplus in terms of making the sponsor installing more visible before people click Yes or No, (Patchou's Update to Msgplus making the sponsor agreement more prominent :))
its still very possible that users will still make an accident and install it without really knowing what it is.

Us users here at msgplus forums are truely sorry that you are unhappy with msgplus and its really a shame because Msgplus is an absolutely great program by Patchou... your really missing out on a whole msn messenger experience without it!

We are sorry we might come across a bit arrogant etc, its mainly because you wouldn't believe how many times this occurs! (you can see just searching through forum topics about spyware etc etc).

I can assure you and Patchou if you asked him would also that if you follow the instructions of forum members (eg CookieRevised :P) then the sponsor will be uninstalled. And if you can still find it in your heart to trust us then please install msgplus again and click NO to the sponsor agreement window! then you will have the fantastic msgplus without the sponsor :)!

Patchou does need to make a living somehow, so you can understand why he has included this sponsor in msgplus, but what you've got to realise the efforts hes down to get it where you can click "refuse" and then it won't be installed! Most software progammers that include sponsors won't give you this option AT ALL!!!!
[Image: mp3_sponsoroption.png]
This is the screenshot of the older version of msgplus (still version 3 tho) of the sponsor install window. Patchou has made this even clearer now so more users do not confuse this :) (as shown in my link above!). Please follow the instructions on how to uninstall, then putting it as simply as possible, if you would like Msgplus with NO SPONSOR (the toolbar etc) then click "I refuse, do not install the sponsor program". You will then be like the other 99% of happy msgplus users :)! I can assure you it is worth trying.. but then again i cannot convince you! Its your choice and you'll probably say i'm biased! but then again i am! I've been using msgplus for years and if you click No, its a great program :) Thank you Patchou :)

We of course hope you'll reconsider, but we will respect what choice you decide to take!
Chestah!(Y)
chestah at gmail .com - if you need any help!

EDIT: I also think maybe a new section in the forum should be created for the sponsor program, to let users that are comming to the forum for help to see it visible straight away from the Main Page and then see details on how to remove it and install it without it! in different sub topics! Thankyou :)

This post was edited on 11-06-2004 at 09:33 PM by Chestah.
Segosa is newb.
11-06-2004 09:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'm sorry I saw this threas so late as I would have moderated the comments of some people a long time ago already. First, Oldtimer, I'm sorry some people were so harsh on you, they are not supposed to do that. Now, as far as uninstallation is concerned, its the first time I hear qbout this character limit problem but it could indeed be true depending on how your display setting is configured. Just to be sure, Ill ask C2Media to immediately check this out and do the appropriate corrections if needed.

I hope you finally got rid of the sponsor, one way or another. I do not intend to make uninstallation difficult for anybody.

Regards,
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-06-2004 11:08 PM
Nigg

37 / Male / –
Wink  RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!!
I thought this topic was so funny, that I actually took the time to register ;)

I bet most of you are american haha (no offence)

If you would just read the licence agreement (the first 4 lines will do!) then you would know you don't have to accept the sponsor...

also,
The way I see it, plus! REMOVES unwanted banners instead of placing them... (the MSN Banner)

and for those poor people who live their e-life the microsoft way (using Internet Explorer), and having trouble killing toolbars and keeping the 'home' page blank: try using avant browser.

Greetings,
Nigg
11-06-2004 11:17 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'm sorry I saw this threas so late as I would have moderated the comments of some people a long time ago already. First, Oldtimer, I'm sorry some people were so harsh on you, they are not supposed to do that. Now, as far as uninstallation is concerned, its the first time I hear qbout this character limit problem but it could indeed be true depending on how your display setting is configured. Just to be sure, Ill ask C2Media to immediately check this out and do the appropriate corrections if needed.

I hope you finally got rid of the sponsor, one way or another. I do not intend to make uninstallation difficult for anybody.

Regards,
Patchou
Thanks for that Patchou :P!! ;)! btw what you do think about making a new section in the forum just for the sponsor? then users might see this before going into other sections and requesting help, i know its already in the help and support section but i'm just thinking it might be a little better in its own section ;)!
Anyways i posted the idea in my previous post :)
Segosa is newb.
11-07-2004 02:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: