What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
[Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
Author: Message:
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
Wow, thanks a lot Ash_ :). Seems like you know what you're talking about, since i can only half understand it, hehe. You should make a new thread and someone can close this one. :)

well i like to think so :P

someone really good at programming will probly come and own me though in the process destroying my dignity :P

bah. still having dll runtime inject problems. :(
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
01-18-2005 01:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
RE: [Suggestion] *.LNK Plugin
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
so i will use the API, but dont worry im gonna do this the good way so no windows messenger is needed, just inject my dll into MSN, get the IMessenger3 Pointer and do this each time.

the only problem being that im having trouble Injecting my DLL while the Process is still running.

Did Patchou attempt this for plus and is it even possible anyone?

You mean injecting the dll into messenger while messenger is running?.. I tried playing with this too, but I found it hard getting it working properly, and especeially with msn, can't remember if I ever had it working... :s...
01-18-2005 06:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
so i will use the API, but dont worry im gonna do this the good way so no windows messenger is needed, just inject my dll into MSN, get the IMessenger3 Pointer and do this each time.

the only problem being that im having trouble Injecting my DLL while the Process is still running.

Did Patchou attempt this for plus and is it even possible anyone?

You mean injecting the dll into messenger while messenger is running?.. I tried playing with this too, but I found it hard getting it working properly, and especeially with msn, can't remember if I ever had it working... :s...

mmm, Well i need to find another way to execute it :( |-) :P
01-19-2005 12:51 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Ash_ anything new?

Hmm.. I just wanted to say I started this project to(if you don't mind?)...
I took some time now to test some stuff out, and I have in fact already a plugin and executable that is able to change your nick name by using the commandarguments, "nick=some nick"... :D...
It works alright... :D...
right now i'm just experimenting with some stuff.... I'll get back to you tomorrow...

Ash_: If you want to, we might be able to work together?... Work as a team?.... If I need to do this right, so no windows messenger is needed, I need some help... don't know if you fixed this problem?... or I might just create so it uses the windows messenger library, then I can change this when I/We work something out....

Edit:
I was just surfing the net, and I found somewhere someone refering to that you don't need to call/use the Messenger Api when doing a plugin... The person as refering to the VB .Net Advanced example in the plugin documentation... In the initilize function it should be possible to use the oMessenger object, and use that as the api... Would this then make sure that WM doesn't run in the background?.. does this use msgplus as WM api?.. Have pathou done the ddl inject and then making us possible accesing the Messenger Api that way?... or what does this mean?.. I am not sure... And I couldn't really get it working....

BTW: I'm doing this thing in VB 6, not .Net... If anybody knows anything about the oMessenger object, please post some info for me! :D...

This post was edited on 01-19-2005 at 11:20 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
01-19-2005 09:49 PM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Ash_ anything new?

Hmm.. I just wanted to say I started this project to(if you don't mind?)...
I took some time now to test some stuff out, and I have in fact already a plugin and executable that is able to change your nick name by using the commandarguments, "nick=some nick"... :D...
It works alright... :D...
right now i'm just experimenting with some stuff.... I'll get back to you tomorrow...

Ash_: If you want to, we might be able to work together?... Work as a team?.... If I need to do this right, so no windows messenger is needed, I need some help... don't know if you fixed this problem?... or I might just create so it uses the windows messenger library, then I can change this when I/We work something out....

Edit:
I was just surfing the net, and I found somewhere someone refering to that you don't need to call/use the Messenger Api when doing a plugin... The person as refering to the VB .Net Advanced example in the plugin documentation... In the initilize function it should be possible to use the oMessenger object, and use that as the api... Would this then make sure that WM doesn't run in the background?.. does this use msgplus as WM api?.. Have pathou done the ddl inject and then making us possible accesing the Messenger Api that way?... or what does this mean?.. I am not sure... And I couldn't really get it working....

BTW: I'm doing this thing in VB 6, not .Net... If anybody knows anything about the oMessenger object, please post some info for me! :D...

yes the oMessenger object passed to initialize is the same as the MessengerAPI.Messenger reference in the Windows Messenger API.

btw good on you for the whole nick thing. if you wanna talk on MSN or something PM me and ill give you my addy.
01-20-2005 11:32 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
hmm... I will try getting the oMessenger thing working properly... :D... would this then mean people could use this even when they have uninstalled WM?... Cool! :D...

I might try release an early beta during this weekend... But I said only MAYBE... :D...
I will just PM you, then we can talk... :D...
01-20-2005 03:00 PM
Yousef

(previously known as Juzzi)

35 / Male / Flag
so how's the development going? Looks like an interesting project :)
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
Ex-Microsoft intern and Windows Live Developer MVP in 2007 & 2008
02-07-2005 09:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by noelie
how's the development going?
Please see Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D :)
02-07-2005 09:36 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: