What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranlsation!

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranlsation!
Author: Message:
ShunterAlhena

Magyar (Hungarian) Translator

35 / Male / –
RE: I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranlsation!
Yeah, and we Hungarians learn English, and Germans learn English in 'thier home land' as well. Just like some English are learning Hungarian and German in 'thier home land'. What does this have to do with the topic?
:deal: Translators: view Hotkey Checker here.
(Gives some false positives, but usable for a crude automatic testing.)
07-16-2005 12:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Schockwave

On Top of a Mountain

RE: I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranlsati
I can see where europe is coming from, because when I first started to install software, it always said and still says U.S. English, and I always wondered why U.S. and not British for language, as there are differences, but decided I had to accept it.

On another note, you would have the different dialects in Switzerland and Germany, for that matter to add, as they are very different, with four languages in Switzerland if you count Romansch! :D :P  I could see it would never end, so I think we all have to put up with whatever is on offer.

Sasuke, your English is appalling!

ShunterAlhena, I went to Budapest many years ago, beautiful town! :);)
AIM: schockwave500
Yahoo: schockwave500
MSN Messenger: mystery500@live.com

07-16-2005 08:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranlsation!
Translating that would be pointless if you ask me... It would be like fixing alternate spellings of words in a book... I can't think of an example, besides the ones you used... maybe grey, and gray... It's the same thing, people know what you mean... and if they don't, they will soon.
07-16-2005 09:15 PM
ShunterAlhena

35 / Male / –
Hey thanks, Schockwave! :D

I was unable to find the email I referred to in my former post. Still, I'm sure I read that "straight from the horse's mouth". :) So I think that translating it to British and distributing it via the forum is a good option, but as many others have pointed out, distributing it with MsgPlus would cause an uproar amongst many other dialect-speakers.
07-17-2005 08:29 AM
Schockwave

On Top of a Mountain

RE: I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranlsati
You are welcome, ShunterAlhena! :D ;)
AIM: schockwave500
Yahoo: schockwave500
MSN Messenger: mystery500@live.com

07-17-2005 02:31 PM
.Fusion

Im English, and i use Plus! all the time. And tbh, it hasnt bothered me once, and i havnt even given it a single though.

You have to think though, is it really worth translating, just so you can read the exact same message, but with the odd letter swapped around. I cant see the point ...
07-17-2005 05:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
If some one wants the software in his own language, he has the rights! Eurosong has the right to demand for it. Why should we turn a blind eye towards it or be paranoid? This is how Plus will grow to become a universal program. It is always possible to incorporate it in a later version. :wink:

07-17-2005 06:52 PM
.Fusion

RE: RE: I would like to offer my services to the MSG Plus people for an ENGLISH tranl
quote:
Originally posted by shine
If some one wants the software in his own language, he has the rights! Eurosong has the right to demand for it. Why should we turn a blind eye towards it or be paranoid? This is how Plus will grow to become a universal program. It is always possible to incorporate it in a later version. :wink:

i think he deserves the right to change it into his own language, but i think if he wants to make those minor changes, he should do it himself, or get someone else to do it for him. Not force Patchou or a translator to do it for him
07-17-2005 08:03 PM
ShunterAlhena

35 / Male / –
He actually offered to do it himself, and didn't even hint that Patchou or a translator should do it instead of him. Read at least the title of the topic before posting. ;)

This post was edited on 07-17-2005 at 09:06 PM by ShunterAlhena.
07-17-2005 09:05 PM
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
An "english" translation wont be included in Plus!. If you wish to do one for yourself, please do and use it.